Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Totally New Flight Status / Info Page on Delta.com!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Totally New Flight Status / Info Page on Delta.com!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:30 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Totally New Flight Status & Schedule Page on Delta.com!

This must've changed overnight . . . .

Any other new IT "enhancements" spotted by anyone today?!?

Attached Images  

Last edited by davetravels; Oct 28, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I noticed the new flight status page yesterday. Maybe I'll adjust, but initial impression is that I highly preferred the old version. The new version is overly complicated, larger/takes up too much screen space, and just is not as easy to use. Much like how they changed the display when you click 'Meal Service' when searching for flights. It's just not necessary.

Not a huge deal, but not a fan.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I noticed in a few days ago.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ty97
I noticed the new flight status page yesterday. Maybe I'll adjust, but initial impression is that I highly preferred the old version. The new version is overly complicated, larger/takes up too much screen space, and just is not as easy to use. Much like how they changed the display when you click 'Meal Service' when searching for flights. It's just not necessary.

Not a huge deal, but not a fan.
OT, but I hate the way meal service is shown now.

In fact, why not just show it on the booking and itinerary pages instead of requiring an additional click. The word "Dinner" in the FC column is fewer characters than the words "Meal Service" (with the link).
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:59 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Just found the new flight schedule page:

I had to reduce the size to 80% to get 5 flights to show without scrolling.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Absolutely, it's awful.

The page redesigns that have deployed as of late seem to take up 5 times as much screen space to provide information than the old ones did.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

In fact, why not just show it on the booking and itinerary pages instead of requiring an additional click. The word "Dinner" in the FC column is fewer characters than the words "Meal Service" (with the link).
Maybe in preparation for pre-selecting meals?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Not precisely OT, but they need to work on the flight tracker on the Delta app. I use this a lot on flights that don't have an airshow, and the map feature never seems to work in flight (it does work on the ground when connected to my network carrier), only showing a red line for the flight's path and gridlines. Also, they need to get the timing on the flights correct (they are no longer showing wheels up to touch down, but departure from the gate, which makes this somewhat useless).
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I still get the "old" screens, so looks like it hasn't been a complete rollout?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.