C+ Upgrades Coming to TATL Soon?

Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:30 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bergamini
How could this have been implemented so badly? Working in IT, I find this code and load methodology or just modifying production to be unbelievable for such a large company as DL. This is an easy thing to run in a test environment. None of these use cases are terribly unique.
+1

Especially since this isn't the first time they have implemented this process/fare class.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by SouthernCanada
I just spoke with a DM line supervisor. They received communication on this problem sometime in the last hour or so from IT. The ability to request any upgrade will be back available on 11/01 and if you were previously in C+ they were going to honor; at least that's how I understood the communication. If after 11/01 the seats are not back to original booking, I would escalate. Until then, welcome to Delta IT.
I saw last night I got moved from my C+ bulkhead seat 17A to 23A, DTW to LHR on 1/25. Called and they did some investigating and said that they noted my C+ window bulkhead and it should revert back to that when they update on 11/1 and to call back if it doesn't.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:09 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Hi everyone, were aware of this seat assignment issue for Delta Comfort+ on TATL flights, and are fixing it ASAP. We will circle back with an update once everything is fixed.
altabello likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam
Hi everyone, were aware of this seat assignment issue for Delta Comfort+ on TATL flights, and are fixing it ASAP. We will circle back with an update once everything is fixed.
Any updates on this? It still hasn't been updated.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:03 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ltp711
Any updates on this? It still hasn't been updated.
I see the upgrade eligibility correctly reflecting C+ upgrade eligibility on a TATL flight search.

I also have the Manage Upgrade available on an already booked TATL flight with options to request a C+ upgrade:

Are you seeing something different?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
I managed to update most of my reservations online by checking the "request update" box. This resulted in an immediate upgrade and I was able to get seats.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by TTT
I see the upgrade eligibility correctly reflecting C+ upgrade eligibility on a TATL flight search.

I also have the Manage Upgrade available on an already booked TATL flight with options to request a C+ upgrade:

I didn't upgrade due to status, I booked using Sky Miles and paid for the upgrade to C+, booked early so I could snag the bulkhead.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
A side effect of this is if you search for TATL flights in Google Flights for "Premium Economy" you now get Delta C+ fares showing up.
I'm sure this will lead to some angry complaints when people see that C+ isn't the premium economy experience they believed they had purchased.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:36 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm sure this will lead to some angry complaints when people see that C+ isn't the premium economy experience they believed they had purchased.
Same issue occurs when booking Latin America and TPAC flights.The price differential is quite large vs. those carriers with a true Premium Economy product so one might suspect there is a difference in product.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TTT

In my case I was seeing Manage Upgrade, but requesting the upgrade failed. On the desktop, it was a silent error, and on my phone it gave "com.delta.api error 4501".

I ended up calling in today, since the issue still wasn't fixed automatically. Now, I suspect the reason it was failing for me was that there was a schedule change that needed to be marked as accepted before I could be rebooked into a different class of service.

The agent I spoke with was friendly enough, but the experience of getting it fixed was a little frustrating. The agent first claimed that Comfort+ was entirely full, and I had to point out that Delta.com showed the seat map entirely empty. I explained to her that the way it was booked has changed for TATL and that it's now sold as a separate fare, and once she realized that she came back pretty quickly with the new seat assignments, though.

So it sounds like the word hasn't fully reached everyone internally, and you might need to escalate or gently push them to check again if they claim it's not possible to put you back in Comfort+ seats.

But at least in my case, all's well that ends well and my reservation is fixed. Still pretty frustrating that this happened in the first place, though.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:18 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Hi everyone, circling back here to let you know that we are currently working to rebook & reassign Delta Comfort+ seats to all impacted customers. This process could take some time so please bear with us, but all reservations should be fixed by 1/22/2018 at the latest. If your reservation isnt updated by 1/22/2018, please contact Delta Reservations at 1-800-323-2323.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:51 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam
Hi everyone, circling back here to let you know that we are currently working to rebook & reassign Delta Comfort+ seats to all impacted customers. This process could take some time so please bear with us, but all reservations should be fixed by 1/22/2018 at the latest. If your reservation isnt updated by 1/22/2018, please contact Delta Reservations at 1-800-323-2323.
I really appreciate your increased participation on the forum. Please keep it up!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.