Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C+ Upgrades Coming to TATL Soon?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM MM. Marriott LTP. Hilton Gold
I just spoke with a DM line supervisor. They received communication on this problem sometime in the last hour or so from IT. The ability to request any upgrade will be back available on 11/01 and if you were previously in C+ they were going to honor; at least that's how I understood the communication. If after 11/01 the seats are not back to original booking, I would escalate. Until then, welcome to Delta IT.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by IndyDave
I just quoted the change. Here is the entire explanation:
Medallion Members are eligible to request automatic Complimentary Upgrades to Delta Comfort+ on:
all flights within the U.S. 50 and Canada
all flights within Latin America/Caribbean and Asia Pacific markets, including China and Hong Kong
For flights that depart January 22, 2018, and beyond, Medallion Members will also be eligible to request automatic Complimentary Upgrades to Delta Comfort+ on all Delta flights to/from Europe, Africa, India, and the Middle East.
If we parse the words, haven't we always been able to *request* (free) upgrades on any flight, for example by asking a GA (and watching him/her laugh)? What counts is whether we get the upgrades--or should I say "upgrades" since we're talking about C+?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:54 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SouthernCanada
I just spoke with a DM line supervisor. They received communication on this problem sometime in the last hour or so from IT. The ability to request any upgrade will be back available on 11/01 and if you were previously in C+ they were going to honor; at least that's how I understood the communication. If after 11/01 the seats are not back to original booking, I would escalate. Until then, welcome to Delta IT.
Thanks for checking with them. Fingers crossed that it gets fixed on the 1st.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
I just got the same answer from the Medallion line. I guess the only way Delta IT can debug their stuff is on a live system.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
I am glad I am a pack-rat and save every single email. At least I'll have proof.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:48 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Looks like it's been fixed. I was able to request C+ upgrades on my TATL flights and they cleared automatically.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TTT
Looks like it's been fixed. I was able to request C+ upgrades on my TATL flights and they cleared automatically.
Upgrades? Don't you mean "upgrades" if you're confirmed in C+?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:56 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by TTT
Yep upgrades are working now.

Didn't try to charge me any kind of APD collection. I wonder what legal strategy they're taking here is.

On the booking screen it still shows "Not Upgrade Eligible to Delta Comfort+®". Hopefully they'll fix it so we can easily tell which flights have SU inventory before booking.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:57 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Upgrades? Don't you mean "upgrades" if you're confirmed in C+?
If you really find it so worthless, leave the seat for somebody who doesn't.

The extra legroom on a TATL makes a world of difference for me.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK additional APD isn't owed for OPUPs (nor for nonrevs given premium cabin seats). If people use instruments to "upgrade" in advance to C+, I would expect DL to charge APD, just like they do for upgrades into D1, with payment required before the ticket can be reissued (and also for the French luxury tax on upgrades into D1 exCDG). However, for upgrades at the gate, I'm not sure that GAs have the time to charge credit cards.
Nonrevs pay the higher APD no matter what class they end up flying in.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:14 am

Recall I had a paid C+ upgrade that got downgraded over the WE.

Good news, I am back in C+, the system now lists my TATL fare as Comfort+ (W). No seats assigned but the system let me pick C+ seats in the completely empty C+ cabin (despite it allegedly being full according to the first-line Delta rep in my call with them ...).

One Q for the future: Is it cheaper to book C+ cabin upfront or through a buy up after the initial booking from the manage my trips screen ?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
A side effect of this is if you search for TATL flights in Google Flights for "Premium Economy" you now get Delta C+ fares showing up.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I’m glad the upgrades are working for someone, because it doesn’t work for me. I just get “com.delta.api error 4501” when I try to make the request from the app (and a silent failure when I try the web site).
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond 4 MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BenA
I’m glad the upgrades are working for someone, because it doesn’t work for me. I just get “com.delta.api error 4501” when I try to make the request from the app (and a silent failure when I try the web site).
Worked for me. Now says manage complimentary upgrades. After checking yes. Upgrade was immediate
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
How could this have been implemented so badly? Working in IT, I find this code and load methodology or just modifying production to be unbelievable for such a large company as DL. This is an easy thing to run in a test environment. None of these use cases are terribly unique.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.