C+ Upgrades Coming to TATL Soon?

Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:24 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
C+ Upgrades Coming to TATL Soon?

I have a TATL flight booked for travel in Feb. Up until this afternoon, I was seated in C+ which I was able to select at booking. This evening, however, my seats have been moved back to Main Cabin. The C+ cabin cannot be selected but there is no option to manage upgrade preferences on those flights. There has been no schedule or aircraft change on this itinerary.

Anyone else seeing something similar?

I suspect they are in the process of rolling out the upgrade to C+ options on TATL flights in the not too distant future.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Ah yes, that's definitely something that overworked international GAs need to deal with.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:06 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I booked and selected a C+ seat today ATL-LHR for Dec. 11. Just checked the reservation and it's still there.

I personally don't believe they'll transition TATL to upgrades because of EU 261. If C+ is a separate fare class they could have to pay 75% of the cost of the ticket if a passenger is downgraded, which is not the case with a seat assignment. I think that if they were going to do it, they would have done it a while ago.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
It could be because it's schedule change Saturday. That often messes with seat assignments and seat maps.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by C W
I booked and selected a C+ seat today ATL-LHR for Dec. 11. Just checked the reservation and it's still there.

I personally don't believe they'll transition TATL to upgrades because of EU 261. If C+ is a separate fare class they could have to pay 75% of the cost of the ticket if a passenger is downgraded, which is not the case with a seat assignment. I think that if they were going to do it, they would have done it a while ago.
They are 100% going to sell C+ as a fare in TATL. They already do it in Latin and Pacific and I'm sure the hangup with TATL was logistics with multiple JVs. I think their whole idea is for customers to see all of the branded fares (basic economy, main cabin, comfort plus, premium select and delta one) when shopping with a consistent offering. I'd be stunned if C+ didn't sell as a fare in TATL and follow same upgrade system as the other international regions.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: DL DM, WN A-List, AA Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Just checked a reservation for early February AMS-SEA....same story. Moved from C+ to seat 17J and everything in front of it greyed out.

Doing a dummy booking for this flight shows the C+ seat map completely open (no seats sold).
IndyDave likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Looks like 22JAN is the first date, at least on AMS-SEA.

Here is availability on 21JAN:
Code:
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** SEA SEATTLE.USWA              84 SU 21JAN 0000
 1   DL 143  J9 C9 D9 I9 Z3 Y9 B9 /AMS   SEA    950A   1123A  E0/333      10:33
             M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T9 X9 V9 E9
And on 22JAN, you see W class added:
Code:
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** SEA SEATTLE.USWA              85 MO 22JAN 0000
 1   DL 143  J9 C9 D9 I6 Z0 W9 Y9 /AMS   SEA    950A   1123A  E0/333      10:33
             B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T9 X9 V9 E9
bawm
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:23 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Happens from time to time during schedule/equipment change cycle on saturdays.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:57 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dennis88
Just checked a reservation for early February AMS-SEA....same story. Moved from C+ to seat 17J and everything in front of it greyed out.

Doing a dummy booking for this flight shows the C+ seat map completely open (no seats sold).
I noticed the same - the C+ seat map is entirely empty. I tried Twitter but they were unable to reselect a C+ seat.

Originally Posted by bawm
Looks like 22JAN is the first date, at least on AMS-SEA.

Here is availability on 21JAN:

Code:
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** SEA SEATTLE.USWA 84 SU 21JAN 0000
1 DL 143 J9 C9 D9 I9 Z3 Y9 B9 /AMS SEA 950A 1123A E0/333 10:33
M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T9 X9 V9 E9

And on 22JAN, you see W class added:

Code:
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** SEA SEATTLE.USWA 85 MO 22JAN 0000
1 DL 143 J9 C9 D9 I6 Z0 W9 Y9 /AMS SEA 950A 1123A E0/333 10:33
B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T9 X9 V9 E9

bawm
Thanks bawm. Now if they would just add the functionality to manage upgrades on TATL...
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:21 am
C W

Yep, looks like it's bookable on Delta.com now

They really need to add the upgrade functionality or they're going to have a lot of angry Medallions. I did a dummy booking and it just said "Not Complimentary Upgrade Eligible" for the TATL leg, I couldn't check the box to upgrade to C+, and it tried to sell me an upgrade on the seatmap for 1/4 of what they wanted for at booking C+ as W
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:00 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by C W

They really need to add the upgrade functionality or they're going to have a lot of angry Medallions. I did a dummy booking and it just said "Not Complimentary Upgrade Eligible" for the TATL leg, I couldn't check the box to upgrade to C+, and it tried to sell me an upgrade on the seatmap for 1/4 of what they wanted for at booking C+ as W
I'm going to give it until Monday to see if the IT gets sorted out. Fingers crossed they are working on it this weekend.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
If I had a C+ seat and got put in VS/AF PE because of IRROPS I'd be fairly happy. Not so much the other way round...
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by C W

Maybe the thing to do would be to purchase the upgrade if you previously had a C+ seat and then request a refund since it should be free for a PM.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:26 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by bawm
And on 22JAN, you see W class added
I suppose the one upside of DL not offering Comfort+ on aircraft with Premium Select is that people won't book W class (the almost near universal fare basis for premium economy on other airlines, including on most of DL's partners) and think they are getting real premium economy.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:37 am
C W

Originally Posted by dw
I suppose the one upside of DL not offering Comfort+ on aircraft with Premium Select is that people won't book W class (the almost near universal fare basis for premium economy on other airlines, including on most of DL's partners) and think they are getting real premium economy.
I honestly don't think anybody with enough knowledge about flying to understand Y/W/J/F, especially with W being the most obscure of those codes, would buy a C+ fare thinking it was Premium Economy, especially with how Delta's website now very clearly places the Premium Economy option to the right of C+, even when it's not available on a given flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.