Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

after upgrade to Comfort Plus seat unassigned

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

after upgrade to Comfort Plus seat unassigned

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If this was a corporate travel agency booking, is there a chance that either the reservation isn't ticketed yet and that's causing difficulty when the "upgrade" is processed or with your seat assignments? Alternatively, could your (human) corporate travel agent be changing your seat assignments, perhaps not realizing that you have status or seeing an upgrade that would violate policy if it were paid?
This happened to me recently. Travel agent booked the flight for me and there were not many seats left and so she put me in one of the last rows of the center section of the 767. 1A was available though and a much better seat and so I went and selected it on my own after the booking was complete. A couple hours later, I looked at my res and noticed I wasn't in 1A anymore, so I selected it again - I could not figure out why I kept getting moved. She then walked by my office and she said she couldn't figure out why I kept getting moved to the bulkhead and she was apologizing b/c she kept trying to move me out and it wasn't working. I said I kept changing it b/c the bulkhead on the 767s and 757s with the lie flat seats have a bit more room. Mystery solved and we had a really good laugh!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL DM
Twice on an upcoming reservation. After being upgraded to first I noticed a few days later that I had been moved. I was able to move back to the better seat (A side on a an Embraer 175). Just checked and found I had been moved again, but was able to move back to the A side.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum/2m miler, Marriott A and LTT, Delta Diamond, Hertz Presidents, Avis Presidents. +more
Originally Posted by The Situation
This happened to me recently. Travel agent booked the flight for me and there were not many seats left and so she put me in one of the last rows of the center section of the 767. 1A was available though and a much better seat and so I went and selected it on my own after the booking was complete. A couple hours later, I looked at my res and noticed I wasn't in 1A anymore, so I selected it again - I could not figure out why I kept getting moved. She then walked by my office and she said she couldn't figure out why I kept getting moved to the bulkhead and she was apologizing b/c she kept trying to move me out and it wasn't working. I said I kept changing it b/c the bulkhead on the 767s and 757s with the lie flat seats have a bit more room. Mystery solved and we had a really good laugh!
That's a funny story although it's not the same as what is happening here. In this case it's happening after an upgrade, they are aware that people have been complaining about it so if it was them at first they would have stopped by now. While it is possible that a human is doing this, I doubt it, especially since it has happened at 1am on a Sunday morning and it happens without fail.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum/2m miler, Marriott A and LTT, Delta Diamond, Hertz Presidents, Avis Presidents. +more
This shouldn't be happening anymore. No I don't work for Delta, Concur or the travel agency involved but I have good reason to believe it's fixed.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Nope not fixed. Happened to me today was a huge PITA. Ticket booked via Concur as part of a work trip (and yes you guessed it our TA is AEGBT).

All one ticket with today being ARN - CDG - RDU, all DL flight numbers but first flight operated by AF. C+ upgrade cleared at T-24 and I went from exit row aisle to unassigned and unable to view seat map. No one was able to issue ticket until I got to CDG and went to AF transfer desk (where they asked twice if I had made changes to the ticket which I hadn't other than being upgraded).

Thankfully didn't get stuck with a middle seat (my fear after giving up my exit row aisle)
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Duke787
All one ticket with today being ARN - CDG - RDU, all DL flight numbers but first flight operated by AF. C+ upgrade cleared at T-24 and I went from exit row aisle to unassigned and unable to view seat map. No one was able to issue ticket until I got to CDG and went to AF transfer desk (where they asked twice if I had made changes to the ticket which I hadn't other than being upgraded).
"made changes to the ticket"... Yes, DL automation made changes to your ticket! C+ TATL is now a branded fare, so they change your ticket when you get the upgrade. Interesting concept for the CDG and AMS airports where AF/KL take control of all DL tickets and DL "can't" change anything after T-24.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:27 am

This issue of AEGBT treating upgrades as a ticketing change seems to be fixed! Yeah! I don't know when it started although it seems to be more recent than April 20 when BMGRAHAM posted. I just know that my upgraded seats are not being cleared out even though I am not calling AEGBT to place a 'seat stopper' on my reservation.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by breinders
This issue of AEGBT treating upgrades as a ticketing change seems to be fixed! Yeah! I don't know when it started although it seems to be more recent than April 20 when BMGRAHAM posted. I just know that my upgraded seats are not being cleared out even though I am not calling AEGBT to place a 'seat stopper' on my reservation.
Yes, it was around April 20th. I know because I worked actively with AEGBT and my company's travel organization to help them troubleshoot, after I reported it internally and directly to AEGBT and we kept on going back and forth until we knew if it was fixed for sure. It was a great team effort. Sadly, shortly afterwards I was laid off. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.