Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Northeast Weather Waiver 10/29

LGA, JFK, EWR SWF, HPN, and BOS.

Travel up to 11/1

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...t-weather.html
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Looking at the forecast, you can pretty much write LGA off that day. Even DCA is looking sketchy.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Looks like it's going to be a mess in NYC
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:43 am

I have a flight connecting through JFK on Sunday.

I can pretty much write off any chances of that actually working out, too, right?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by lolstebbo

I can pretty much write off any chances of that actually working out, too, right?
Typically it depends on what kind of flight it is. If DL Connection, don't count on it. If it's mainline and going int'l they will do everything possible to get it out, same with LAX/SFO/SEA.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:14 am

I'm connecting on a VS to DL that day (and it's the only nonstop that day to my destination too, with Endeavour).

Oh dear.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by fusionblue
I'm connecting on a VS to DL that day (and it's the only nonstop that day to my destination too, with Endeavour).

Oh dear.
I'd definitely ask for a reroute. You don't want to get stuck at JFK during IRROPS.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:29 am

I'll call DL and see if they'll let me change my plans.

Should I avoid regional carriers when rerouting?

Last edited by fusionblue; Oct 27, 2017 at 11:47 am
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:41 am

I’ve got a quick turn at EWR for a family event this weekend. ATL-EWR tonight, EWR-ATL Sunday at noon.

Forecasts as of now are not super helpful in how early things will get back in the metro area.

Stay or make the trip?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lolstebbo

If there are options to connect elsewhere, I'd probably take advantage of the waiver to change. That doesn't mean your connection won't work out, but given the forecast things could be dodgy in NYC. Maybe it won't be as bad as it sounds, but why take the chance?

Originally Posted by tutkija80
I’ve got a quick turn at EWR for a family event this weekend. ATL-EWR tonight, EWR-ATL Sunday at noon.

Forecasts as of now are not super helpful in how early things will get back in the metro area.

Stay or make the trip?
I wouldn't scratch the trip over this, just prepare for possible ATC delays Sunday and pack your patience so to be speak. I have an LAX-JFK in the PM Sunday that I'm not really worried about, I just expect to be delayed.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by ty97
If there are options to connect elsewhere, I'd probably take advantage of the waiver to change. That doesn't mean your connection won't work out, but given the forecast things could be dodgy in NYC. Maybe it won't be as bad as it sounds, but why take the chance?
haha Yeah, I just had them change it to a redeye through somewhere else. orz
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tutkija80

Stay or make the trip?
Blech in the same boat but with RDU - JFK, EWR - RDU. Niece's birthday. Everything RDU - NYC is DL Connection so I'm more concerned than if it was mainline. Trying to get put on the flight home Saturday night but the website wants more money (change fee waived but add/collect on the new ticket price) and the wait time is 2+ hours.

May end up being easier to get this done at the SC when I get there in a couple hours.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Update from NWS NY.

Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
Usually Delta is quite generous with weather waivers. But with this one, they were the last to announce and the scope is much smaller than AA and UA's. DL's waiver doesn't even include Philadelphia or DC.

AA: ALB, ABE, BWI, BOS, BTV, BDL, ISP, MHT, HVN, JFK, LGA, EWR, PHL, PWM, PVD, SBY, SWF, IAD, DCA, HPN
UA: BWI, BOS, BDL, EWR, JFK, LGA, PHL, PVD, IAD, DCA, HPN
DL: BOS, JFK, LGA, EWR, SWF, HPN

I'm flying DCA-ATL-Southeast on Sunday afternoon. The trip including connection is 5 hours; drive time is 8 hours. I would probably just leave early on Sunday and drive to avoid weather if I had the option.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by 13thandseven
Usually Delta is quite generous with weather waivers. But with this one, they were the last to announce and the scope is much smaller than AA and UA's. DL's waiver doesn't even include Philadelphia or DC.

AA: ALB, ABE, BWI, BOS, BTV, BDL, ISP, MHT, HVN, JFK, LGA, EWR, PHL, PWM, PVD, SBY, SWF, IAD, DCA, HPN
UA: BWI, BOS, BDL, EWR, JFK, LGA, PHL, PVD, IAD, DCA, HPN
DL: BOS, JFK, LGA, EWR, SWF, HPN

I'm flying DCA-ATL-Southeast on Sunday afternoon. The trip including connection is 5 hours; drive time is 8 hours. I would probably just leave early on Sunday and drive to avoid weather if I had the option.
Depends on the time of day. Forecast shows the worst to be in the evening, and outbound mainline flights are less likely to be effective. Now inbound RJs on the other hand...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.