FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Partner Mileage Accrual Changes Effective Jan 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1874192-delta-partner-mileage-accrual-changes-effective-jan-2018-a.html)

mot29 Dec 24, 2017 12:11 pm

RDM is here and based on ticket price and medallion status -- https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ta.html#flight

What seems to be hidden now are the MQM bonuses for class of service.

Duke787 Dec 24, 2017 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by mot29 (Post 29211602)
RDM is here and based on ticket price and medallion status -- https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ta.html#flight

What seems to be hidden now are the MQM bonuses for class of service.

Unfortunately that hidden bit is what I was looking for - was looking at the US - PEK fare over in the Premium MR forum and trying to figure out what the MQM earning would be and I can't seem to find the MQM chart anywhere (and hadn't fully realized how crappy the new UX is on the website but that's for another thread)

mattya9 Dec 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787 (Post 29211608)
Unfortunately that hidden bit is what I was looking for - was looking at the US - PEK fare over in the Premium MR forum and trying to figure out what the MQM earning would be and I can't seem to find the MQM chart anywhere (and hadn't fully realized how crappy the new UX is on the website but that's for another thread)

Use this link...

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

Click on which airline you will be flying and then click on the box where it says "Mileage Earn on/after January 1, 2018"

OPS

xliioper Dec 24, 2017 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787 (Post 29211608)

If you are asking about DL-coded flights, it's in the How to Qualify section --

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...o-qualify.html

"BONUS MQMS
When you book a higher fare class, you’ll be rewarded with even more MQMs. Full fare First and Business Class tickets (F, J fares) are eligible for a 100% MQM bonus. Discounted First, Delta Premium Select, Business, and Premium Main Cabin tickets (P, A, G, C, D, I, Z, Y, and B fares) are eligible for a 50% MQM bonus. Purchased upgrades are eligible for bonus MQMs based on the class of service flown."

Duke787 Dec 24, 2017 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by mattya9 (Post 29211787)
Use this link...

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

Click on which airline you will be flying and then click on the box where it says "Mileage Earn on/after January 1, 2018"

OPS

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 29212006)
If you are asking about DL-coded flights, it's in the How to Qualify section --

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...o-qualify.html

"BONUS MQMS
When you book a higher fare class, you’ll be rewarded with even more MQMs. Full fare First and Business Class tickets (F, J fares) are eligible for a 100% MQM bonus. Discounted First, Delta Premium Select, Business, and Premium Main Cabin tickets (P, A, G, C, D, I, Z, Y, and B fares) are eligible for a 50% MQM bonus. Purchased upgrades are eligible for bonus MQMs based on the class of service flown."

Ah okay I see that now - completely missed it on the page, it's in a poor position. Not sure why they can't just replicate the tables they are using in the partner earn section and instead have to write it out like it's code.

dilbertsdaddy Dec 28, 2017 9:59 am

I don't mean to be dense....but I am really confused now

Understanding everyone's situation is different..

I fly discounted J, on a combination of DL/KL/AF

Don't I want the MQD/RDM to be determined by fare ($4K-$7K)? In the past as long as it was 006 stock it did not matter (I thought). As I read this I now only get 40% MQD if AF/KL flight number? I never had trouble getting to $15K before but this could make it more difficult. Am I missing something?

I have tried to use DL flight numbers anyway so I would not lose SPG points but it is not always possible

xliioper Dec 28, 2017 10:27 am

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy (Post 29223256)
I don't mean to be dense....but I am really confused now

Understanding everyone's situation is different..

I fly discounted J, on a combination of DL/KL/AF

Don't I want the MQD/RDM to be determined by fare ($4K-$7K)? In the past as long as it was 006 stock it did not matter (I thought). As I read this I now only get 40% MQD if AF/KL flight number? I never had trouble getting to $15K before but this could make it more difficult. Am I missing something?

I have tried to use DL flight numbers anyway so I would not lose SPG points but it is not always possible

I think you are missing that the 40% MQD figure is 40% of distance flown, not fare paid. If you are flying 10000 miles roundtrip, you will earn 4000 MQD's regardless of how much you actually paid for the ticket. So if a ticket costs $4K on that 10000 mile trip, you will do better flying AF coded flights as your MQD earn will be higher (due to taxes not counting towards MQD's on the DL-coded flights). Whether or not it's an 006 ticket no longer matters in 2018, only marketing carrier will be used to determine miles, MQM's, and MQD's. In the end, you are going to have to compare mileage flown vs. how much a ticket costs minus taxes to determine which will earn more. But that was already the case for anyone flying the deeper discount J fares. In 2017, the deepest discount Z fares only earned 25% of mileage flown MQD's on AF tickets, while D/I earned 30%. They are bumping up all the discount J fares (C/D/I/Z) to 40% mileage flown MQD (the same as full J) in 2018.

dilbertsdaddy Dec 28, 2017 11:08 am

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 29223366)
I think you are missing that the 40% MQD figure is 40% of distance flown, not fare paid. If you are flying 10000 miles roundtrip, you will earn 4000 MQD's regardless of how much you actually paid for the ticket. So if a ticket costs $4K on that 10000 mile trip, you will do better flying AF coded flights as your MQD earn will be higher (due to taxes not counting towards MQD's on the DL-coded flights). Whether or not it's an 006 ticket no longer matters in 2018, only marketing carrier will be used to determine miles, MQM's, and MQD's. In the end, you are going to have to compare mileage flown vs. how much a ticket costs minus taxes to determine which will earn more. But that was already the case for anyone flying the deeper discount J fares. In 2017, the deepest discount Z fares only earned 25% of mileage flown MQD's on AF tickets, while D/I earned 30%. They are bumping up all the discount J fares (C/D/I/Z) to 40% mileage flown MQD (the same as full J) in 2018.

OK, now I get it....I think

I ran my last trip through the calculation and in fact my MQD's would have been slightly higher with AF flight numbers.

But my RDMs would have been slightly less.....if I understand it correctly:

ATL-CDG I received 15,224 RDM based on fare

Under new calc if AF (ATL-CDG is 4380 miles):

14,016 RDM (4380X2 for discounted business + 5256 DM 120% bonus)

Is that right or am I misunderstanding the DM bonus?

But....that was a cheap ticket, if I wanted to apply it to a more expensive one:

$7K ticket for 15,000 mile trip

DL flight numbers - 75K RDM and $7K MQD

AF flight numbers - 48K RDM and $6K MQD

dilbertsdaddy Dec 29, 2017 6:58 am

I think to use a GUC on KL you need a KL flight number?

So you lose RDM (and SPG points) in order to use the upgrade.........

wxman22 Dec 29, 2017 8:01 am

In short, on long trips (TPAC) on a W or Z fare, if you fly with a Group 1 or 3 partner, you will earn considerly more MQD than if DL mktd.
If you pay full price , you'll have to look, but I think DL mkt is better.

I've really only looked at MQD and not RDM.

Zorak Jan 5, 2018 12:08 am

For anyone considering MU for partner MQDs, there's currently a targeted AMEX offer for $200 off a purchase of $1000+ at us.ceair.com (terms & exclusions apply yada yada yada) check the "Offers" section of your AMEX account online/app to see if you have it.

GagaPilot Jan 5, 2018 5:49 am

DL Flight number, KE metal

I've read the above posts, as well as the DL website section under partners, but I'm still confused and hoping someone on FT might can help.

My question is: If I purchase a DL marketed flight operated by KE (example DL7917 from ICN-BKK) would I receive any MQD/MQM credit? Again it's a DL marketed flight but operated by KE metal. I understand I would not if it was a KE flight number, but I'm confused if by having a DL flight number it would?

The "mileage estimator" on the ticket summary page on DL's website shows it earns full credit, but I'm skeptical. Never flown on KE before, but I'm planning a trip to BKK and since DL no longer serves it with their metal the KE flights look to be the best option for me.

audidudi Jan 5, 2018 5:57 am

I flew on KE86/DL1001 from JFK>ICN on Dec 18th, and received both MQDs and MQMs.

TTT Jan 5, 2018 6:56 am

Originally Posted by GagaPilot (Post 29252936)
I've read the above posts, as well as the DL website section under partners, but I'm still confused and hoping someone on FT might can help.

My question is: If I purchase a DL marketed flight operated by KE (example DL7917 from ICN-BKK) would I receive any MQD/MQM credit? Again it's a DL marketed flight but operated by KE metal. I understand I would not if it was a KE flight number, but I'm confused if by having a DL flight number it would?

The "mileage estimator" on the ticket summary page on DL's website shows it earns full credit, but I'm skeptical. Never flown on KE before, but I'm planning a trip to BKK and since DL no longer serves it with their metal the KE flights look to be the best option for me.

Marketing carrier determines mileage earning. As long as it's DL marketed, you will earn based on the DL rate.

OroroT Jan 5, 2018 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by TTT (Post 29253176)
Marketing carrier determines mileage earning. As long as it's DL marketed, you will earn based on the DL rate.

That's how I interpret it. I have a round-trip DL-issued flight in a few days from SFO-EBB, but on mostly KLM metal. I'm in X class on the way out, but in Z on my return. I am expecting the MQDs will be based solely on DL rules; i.e. fully on ticket price only. Wishing/hoping I could get the 40% rate on the KLM return from Uganda, as it is about a 9600 mile trip home. Will report.