FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Partner Mileage Accrual Changes Effective Jan 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1874192-delta-partner-mileage-accrual-changes-effective-jan-2018-a.html)

mot29 Nov 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by jonathanbak (Post 29082506)
How do I book a flight that would be marketed by Air France receive these new earning rates how do I book them? Because, the Air France website doesn't allow me to book flights from my home-town, and I am not sure about calling the Air France number in the US since doesn't it just go to the Delta Call Center? On normal Economy tickets, I want to keep buying from Delta, but I found a couple of great prices in Premium Economy for just 400 over Economy and I'd earn well over 3500 MQD's if booked through Air France.

Tips would be appreciated. Thanks

I’ve booked on airfrance.us or KLM.com. Or when booking a KL or AF flight through Canada, get redirected to the .ca web sites.

flyerCO Nov 23, 2017 3:33 am

Originally Posted by jonathanbak (Post 29082506)
How do I book a flight that would be marketed by Air France receive these new earning rates how do I book them? Because, the Air France website doesn't allow me to book flights from my home-town, and I am not sure about calling the Air France number in the US since doesn't it just go to the Delta Call Center? On normal Economy tickets, I want to keep buying from Delta, but I found a couple of great prices in Premium Economy for just 400 over Economy and I'd earn well over 3500 MQD's if booked through Air France.

Tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Ticketing airlines doesn't matter after Jan 1. All that matters is the code on the flight. DL can easily sell flights with AF/KL codes.

jonathanbak Nov 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 29092175)
Ticketing airlines doesn't matter after Jan 1. All that matters is the code on the flight. DL can easily sell flights with AF/KL codes.

Wait really? So if I book a Delta flight with the first two legs operated by Delta and the last leg by Air France I will earn it differently based on who operates the flight?

xliioper Nov 23, 2017 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by jonathanbak (Post 29094230)
Wait really? So if I book a Delta flight with the first two legs operated by Delta and the last leg by Air France I will earn it differently based on who operates the flight?

Flight "coding" is not the same as operator. If the AF operated flight is a DL codeshare (first two letters of flight num starts with DL), then it will earn under DL earnings rules. It's only when it is AF coded that it will earn under AF rules. Generally, when searching on delta.com, DL will show DL coded flights rather than partner-coded flights. Although I noticed the new AF Joon flights are AF coded when searching on delta.com (DL may not have codeshare flight numbers for these yet).

wxman22 Nov 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by jonathanbak (Post 29094230)

Yes.

And to get AF flights, you just need to call Delta and they can do it.

xliioper Nov 24, 2017 9:15 am

Originally Posted by wxman22 (Post 29094654)
Yes.

They may not always price the same as DL coded flights and they may not always yield more miles. You really need to do a bit of research before making any assumptions here.

flyerCO Nov 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by wxman22 (Post 29094654)
Yes.

Incorrect. What matters is the coding,

cfischer Nov 26, 2017 7:33 am

excellent news. My AF flights next year and now earning a lot more :) . A change I like, now I might have to buy some intra-EU flights on AF instead of LH :o ... we'll see.

Bowgie Nov 26, 2017 9:54 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 29097527)
Incorrect. What matters is the coding,

To belabor the point, I think partner "coding" means flight numbers beginning with AF or KL or some other partner two-letter code.

The last time I booked AF-code flights a year ago, I was able to do it on Air France's website. Later, two of the domestic flight numbers changed to DL, and the transatlantic outbound flight changed to Delta-operated (just done for no apparent reason, but it didn't bother me enough to get it changed back). Anyway, the whole trip earned according to the AF partner chart. I think the transatlantic flight coding may determine the earnings for the connections as well.

flyerCO Nov 26, 2017 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Bowgie (Post 29101381)
To belabor the point, I think partner "coding" means flight numbers beginning with AF or KL or some other partner two-letter code.

The last time I booked AF-code flights a year ago, I was able to do it on Air France's website. Later, two of the domestic flight numbers changed to DL, and the transatlantic outbound flight changed to Delta-operated (just done for no apparent reason, but it didn't bother me enough to get it changed back). Anyway, the whole trip earned according to the AF partner chart. I think the transatlantic flight coding may determine the earnings for the connections as well.

Earnings are per flight.

in your case Sounds like it earned per the 006 ticket exception to AF earning. (Was reticketed when flights changed) The ticket stock goes away as a determining factor on 1st.

SeattleRK Nov 26, 2017 11:54 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 29101017)
excellent news. My AF flights next year and now earning a lot more :) . A change I like, now I might have to buy some intra-EU flights on AF instead of LH :o ... we'll see.

Did you check if you would earn more Delta miles that Flying Blue miles? I'm flying AF First next year round trip SFO to BCN. Can't determine whether to accrue Flying Blue miles or Delta Miles.

Colin Nov 29, 2017 4:45 pm

my 006 stock KL operated KL marketed $2500 Z fare next summer LAX-AMS went from 10,000 miles earned to 22,000 miles earned.

thanks DL!

thesaints Nov 29, 2017 5:22 pm

Beware that sometimes coding can have nasty consequences. Last year purchased a SFO-FCO from AZ, with stops at JFK. All flights were AZ coded although obviously the SFO-JFK and back were on DL metal.
Well, even though I purchased a Premium Economy ticket and I am a PM, I was not able to upgrade to C+ on the Delta flights until they went under gate control, at which point all C+ seats were obviously gone.

On the other hand, I just netted almost 20k RDM out of a SFO-LHR r/t purchased from VS. If I had purchased from DL the very same flights at the very same price I would not have got 4k RDM out of it.

lking Dec 8, 2017 1:31 am

Anyone know where the earning miles with delta chart is?

Duke787 Dec 24, 2017 11:53 am

Originally Posted by lking (Post 29148741)
Anyone know where the earning miles with delta chart is?

Bump was just looking for this myself and it's nowhere to be found...anyone with a link?