Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about checked bags...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Question about checked bags...

I've got a couple Delta flights tomorrow, 5:45am from PSC to SEA landing at ~7am. Next flight is SEA to LAX but doesn't depart until 5:45pm. I'm planning to check a bag but was wondering if I can request at PSC to ONLY have it checked to SEA so I'll be able to collect it at baggage claim and have it for the day and then check it again when returning to the airport later that day for my second flight. I know some might see this as more of a pain then usual, but for my needs it actually will make life easier for me tomorrow.

The two Delta flights were purchased as separate one way tickets if that matters at all...

(Both are paid F so I'm not worried about getting hit with two baggage fees or anything when maybe I could have avoided that if checking all the way through to LAX, etc)
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:18 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by acarney
I've got a couple Delta flights tomorrow, 5:45am from PSC to SEA landing at ~7am. Next flight is SEA to LAX but doesn't depart until 5:45pm. I'm planning to check a bag but was wondering if I can request at PSC to ONLY have it checked to SEA so I'll be able to collect it at baggage claim and have it for the day and then check it again when returning to the airport later that day for my second flight. I know some might see this as more of a pain then usual, but for my needs it actually will make life easier for me tomorrow.

The two Delta flights were purchased as separate one way tickets if that matters at all...

(Both are paid F so I'm not worried about getting hit with two baggage fees or anything when maybe I could have avoided that if checking all the way through to LAX, etc)
So I am clear, you bought the following:

Reservation one:
PSC-SEA

Reservation two:
SEA-LAX

If so, there will be no issue with just checking the bag to SEA on your first segment.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT
So I am clear, you bought the following:

Reservation one:
PSC-SEA

Reservation two:
SEA-LAX

If so, there will be no issue with just checking the bag to SEA on your first segment.
That is correct on how I purchased the reservations.

I figure I'll still have to clarify when checking the bag at PSC that I just want it checked for the first segment to Seattle, right?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Yes. Anything over 6 hours you can short check. At 12 hours you must short check.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:15 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
That is correct on how I purchased the reservations.

I figure I'll still have to clarify when checking the bag at PSC that I just want it checked for the first segment to Seattle, right?
Since they are two reservations, Delta won't automatically check to LAX. When you checkin at PSC they will tag your bag to SEA unless you ask them to check to LAX.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes. Anything over 6 hours you can short check. At 12 hours you must short check.
In this case, the OP has two reservations so the bags will only be tagged to the destination on the first reservation unless they ask for it to be tagged beyond that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.