Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pillows are for first class passengers only!

Pillows are for first class passengers only!

Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Wildman
Did not feel entitled, never thought about it before. I see pillows lying around everywhere. This was not in a seal plastic bag, like our previous flight that day. Kid never complained, she just went to sleep. I just felt embarrassed that I was accused of stealing two pillows in front of her and could not respond without possible threat of some other action. Just sit there and take it...."thank you Sir, may I have another!"
Were the pillows and blankets in the bin in C+ above your seat? If so then I see nothing wrong with what you did (and if they were only for the first class cabin I'd be wondering why they were there taking bin space away from C+ PAX and not on the F seats like they should have been prior to boarding).

If they were in the F bins, then you shouldn't have taken them. The PAX in that seat could have put them there for later use (but still no reason for the FA to get snarky with you)>
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Wildman
I see by the other thread that this has been discussed in the past. I did not know pillows are for first class, so yes my mistake. The FA thought I knew it, I rarely used the pillows and this was not in a sealed plastic bag either, it was in the overhead bin. I have never even heard of a pillow issue prior to this flight.

I did not think I was entitled to it, I never considered that I was taking someone's pillow. Never occurred to me that pillows were for FC. I have flown several international flights and usually get UG'd to F, so I see pillows lying around everywhere....
Delta only upgrades Medallions on domestic First class hard product jets when flying to very limited international destinations, usually Canada, Mexico, and Caribbean islands. They don't "usually UG to F" - they don't even have F on 90+% of DL's international flights.

If you fly DL domestically - you know that pillows are only for first class. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If it's not waiting for you at your seat, it's not an amenity that you can just take. I sometimes put my pillow in the bin for takeoff and would be annoyed if another passenger took my storage of the pillow as an invitation to use it instead of me.

I agree with the others about asking - when in Y, if I need a pillow/blanket, I ask nicely, and have never not received one.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks to all for sharing their thoughts on this pillow subject that has been discussed before. Frankly at this point there is nothing to be gained in keeping it open as a pillow fight might ensue. @:-)

RSSrsvp - Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.