JFK SkyClub - The WORST I've ever seen

Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by TuxTom
The Skydeck is the only slightly redeeming feature of that club. Seems to me Delta could easily support two clubs in T4 with the number or pax that pass through there.
Or have a business-class lounge.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I can only go off my experience but Delta customers are some of the worst behaved and rudest I have encountered. At the MCO club last week the employees were setting up the buffet for lunch and a crowd of vultures were just waiting for the last piece of plastic wrap to be removed before diving in. It was a really disgusting site.
Let's be fair. Americans, writ large, are horrible with buffets.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Funny, I was thinking about starting a similar thread about the new SC in ATL B Concourse.
I always go to the Sky Club in the E Terminal, as it's the least crowded.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PapaJack
The new Delta rules will trim the population next year.
How will it trim the population? People will just drop a level to platinum, unless you seem to think thousands of people will cancel the Reserve card.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Miesque
Considering just how long it can be from anywhere in T4 I am a bit surprised there are not two SkyClubs when you take into consideration how much traffic goes through there and I would think most of their DeltaOne traffic which should have a higher notch based on how they are selling it.
It's an artifact of JFK expansion. Keep in mind there wasn't any SkyClub in T4 until the terminal expansion. It's not really clear where you'd put another club, except to build on top of the terminal (like the current club). I'm not sure how plausible that is, given equipment, structural concerns, etc. Maybe you could find space for one in the shopping mall, but that's pretty far from most gates -- may as well just use T2.

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
How will it trim the population? People will just drop a level to platinum, unless you seem to think thousands of people will cancel the Reserve card.
Yeah, I not sure that everyone really understands the JFK usage pattern. It's almost entirely international traffic (including connecting flights). There are approximately 30 international flights (counting codeshares like KLM that use SkyClubs) leaving in the next 4 hours, each of which has between 25 and 40 J seats (all of whom have access by cabin of service). Then add on top of that STE+, Sky Club members, and Amex card holders (and guests as appropriate) traveling in Y on those same flights. Then add a fraction of that for inbound arrivals connecting on to domestic flights, and J TCON pax (another 4 or 5 flights in that window with 16 - 40 J seats each). DMs dropping to PM won't affect any of these numbers, at all. You could probably also drop SkyClub members without materially affecting crowding.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Another data point:

I was at JFK T4 SC yesterday in the mid-afternoon and this was not my experience. The only issue I had was that there was a line to check into the club, about 20 people deep, and only 2 agents working the check in counter, so it took about 10 minutes to check in (people were also getting help with flights I think). This was not cool, they really need to have one counter for people who just need to check in (and I would put it downstairs at the entrance) and another line for people to get help with travel issues (upstairs), like they do at SFO.

Once in the actual club, there were plenty of seats, the club was clean, and we really enjoyed the fajita bowl bar they had set up. This was plenty of good for us before boarding C+ on the transcon. Food was ample and orderly, no issue there. Attendants were quick to take away empty dishes, and I waited less than a minute to be served at the bar. The only other issue is that the power was not working on the side table next to our chairs, so we had to move.

Appreciate that the transcon flights seem to always be near the club.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:57 pm

Yeah, these lounges are pretty terrible. I don't even bother going anymore unless my layover is at least a few hours.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I was at JFK T4 SC yesterday in the mid-afternoon and this was not my experience. The only issue I had was that there was a line to check into the club, about 20 people deep, and only 2 agents working the check in counter, so it took about 10 minutes to check in (people were also getting help with flights I think). This was not cool, they really need to have one counter for people who just need to check in (and I would put it downstairs at the entrance) and another line for people to get help with travel issues (upstairs), like they do at SFO.

Once in the actual club, there were plenty of seats, the club was clean, and we really enjoyed the fajita bowl bar they had set up. This was plenty of good for us before boarding C+ on the transcon. Food was ample and orderly, no issue there. Attendants were quick to take away empty dishes, and I waited less than a minute to be served at the bar. The only other issue is that the power was not working on the side table next to our chairs, so we had to move.

Appreciate that the transcon flights seem to always be near the club.
I wonder if we were there at the same time -- DL422 JFK-SFO? I got there around noon and had zero wait to check in, although I decided to have Shake Shack beforehand instead The "view" areas of the club were moderately crowded (except the Sky Deck). I ended up needing to join a few Zoom meetings and retreated to the "inner" room which had fewer people (and other people making calls already). My only real complaint about the T4 SC yesterday was that the wifi bandwidth was awful (and foreshadowing of the crappy Gogo experience I had on the actual flight as well)

I haven't been through JFK in a while, but my memory is that when they do have more than 2 agents at the desk, the ones on the right are dedicated to checking in to the club and the ones on the left are handling ticket-related issues.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kar don
Yeah except that MU club @ PVG is no Taj Mahal... it is just a disgusting with terrible A/C. I think the skyclub offers better food (that was hard to say...)

threads like this make me happy i left skyteam and their dismal partners.
You must be thinking of the old MU club. The new one was beautiful and the a/c is fine. I was just there Sunday. Very clean and lots of food.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
I wonder if we were there at the same time -- DL422 JFK-SFO? I got there around noon and had zero wait to check in, although I decided to have Shake Shack beforehand instead The "view" areas of the club were moderately crowded (except the Sky Deck). I ended up needing to join a few Zoom meetings and retreated to the "inner" room which had fewer people (and other people making calls already). My only real complaint about the T4 SC yesterday was that the wifi bandwidth was awful (and foreshadowing of the crappy Gogo experience I had on the actual flight as well)

I haven't been through JFK in a while, but my memory is that when they do have more than 2 agents at the desk, the ones on the right are dedicated to checking in to the club and the ones on the left are handling ticket-related issues.
Yes we were on the same flight. My spouse (who is PM) had tried to use RCU's in both directions and no luck either way, so that was annoying. The C+ service is decent on that route though, and I was glad to have the 767 with air vents for the return flight.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by rylan
Saying that T4 is the worst, makes me think some people forget the old bus-station skyclub before the big new club in B.

They don't even have to travel far - just use the SkyClub in T2 to see what it could look like. It's the only time I've walked into a SC bathroom and considered just using the public bathrooms in the terminal instead. Bad enough that I could see through a giant hole in the stall and take a look at the person next to me - probably could have shaken their hand if I wanted
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I think it's time to get rid of access for medallions on international coach tickets. It really doesn't make any sense.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
This was not cool, they really need to have one counter for people who just need to check in (and I would put it downstairs at the entrance) and another line for people to get help with travel issues (upstairs), like they do at SFO.
They actually have three check-in queues at T4. From left to right: full service, check-in, express check in (with limited eligibility, eg DM and J pax). Whether or not they're always adequately staffed is another question...

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I think it's time to get rid of access for medallions on international coach tickets. It really doesn't make any sense.
International lounge access is the only meaningful benefit of SkyTeam Elite Plus status in Europe, where you spend as much time in the lounge as on your flight, and almost every flight is international. It's not going away any time soon, though I wouldn't be surprised for DL to pull more crap like the third party lounge nonsense (which no other ST airline denies).
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bennos
International lounge access is the only meaningful benefit of SkyTeam Elite Plus status in Europe, where you spend as much time in the lounge as on your flight, and almost every flight is international. It's not going away any time soon, though I wouldn't be surprised for DL to pull more crap like the third party lounge nonsense (which no other ST airline denies).
No problem, just exclude all US domestic lounges.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by manacit
They don't even have to travel far - just use the SkyClub in T2 to see what it could look like. It's the only time I've walked into a SC bathroom and considered just using the public bathrooms in the terminal instead. Bad enough that I could see through a giant hole in the stall and take a look at the person next to me - probably could have shaken their hand if I wanted
LOL!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.