Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK SkyClub - The WORST I've ever seen

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
What is it like on Saturdays? I have an excruciating 6 hour layover there next trip across the pond.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: Fly paid F/J. DL 2MM+.
I always thought Delta over-hyped T4.

Granted T3 was a mess. T4 may be a vast operational improvement for DL but from a customer experience perspective it falls far short of Delta’s marketing material. It will not be long before DL will have to plow 100s of millions into rebuilding to deal with the crowding. The completion of T4A will only make T4 more cramped.

The good news is Delta has plenty of experience in stretching the life of outdated facilities.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by KeepDeltaMyDeltaFireRichardAnderson
I always thought Delta over-hyped T4.

Granted T3 was a mess. T4 may be a vast operational improvement for DL but from a customer experience perspective it falls far short of Delta’s marketing material. It will not be long before DL will have to plow 100s of millions into rebuilding to deal with the crowding. The completion of T4A will only make T4 more cramped.

The good news is Delta has plenty of experience in stretching the life of outdated facilities.
I realize I am in the minority but I preferred the T3 arrangement. Three clubs are better than one. The walkway to T2 was also a million times more convenient than the busses.
BER Flyer, tonypct and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Marylou
What is it like on Saturdays? I have an excruciating 6 hour layover there next trip across the pond.
Was there this past Saturday. In morning, lounge was empty. Room on both sides and Skydeck wide open. Did get busier at the end of the day, around 3 pm. Still room on the deck.

When I left, 4ish, crowds were thinning out.

Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
We were there yesterday (Friday) around 7:30am before a D1 transcon. It was very busy but we didn’t have to wait to check in and grabbed seats by an outlet without issue. Nice selection of food including the steel cut oatmeal, yogurt, frittata, breads, etc. and staff was cleaning up but maybe not as promptly as they should - several tables unusable because filled with trash.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: DL DM
I'm JFK-based and have never had issues with the T4 club nearly as bad as yesterday's crowding at the DTW A-terminal central SkyClub. That was downright unpleasant.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
I'm JFK-based and have never had issues with the T4 club nearly as bad as yesterday's crowding at the DTW A-terminal central SkyClub. That was downright unpleasant.
Ssshh... don't ruin the "everything is awful in NYC" party.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
For as good as Delta is at marketing its international and transcontinental business-class products, implying it is first-class by calling it "One," the airline's lounges suck. For tickets that can cost upwards of $7,000, the lounges are pathetic and far below what American is doing with its Flagship lounge and what United is slowly doing with its Polaris lounges.

If I'm paying $3,000, let alone $10,000, Delta should offer a sit-down meal experience in the lounge for customers that choose to partake -- even if it's just a TV dinner plated nicely. It should also offer complimentary champagne, even if it's cheap stuff. It makes even more sense at Boston and New York-J.F.K, as the international flights to Europe are relatively short and serving a inner doesn't necessarily make sense when many passengers are either (1) only eating for the sake of eating or (2) having their sleep time disrupted by meal service.

At the minimum, Delta could offer business-class passengers meal and drink vouchers in lieu of a dedicated business-class lounge.
I thought D1 international passengers can order off the menu at T4 JFK lounge?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:43 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I thought D1 international passengers can order off the menu at T4 JFK lounge?
That was discontinued a while ago.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Marylou
Originally Posted by setman
Was there this past Saturday. In morning, lounge was empty. Room on both sides and Skydeck wide open. Did get busier at the end of the day, around 3 pm. Still room on the deck.

When I left, 4ish, crowds were thinning out
Yep was here yesterday. It seems to reach peak around 3-6pm right before all the TATL flights go out.

Inside was pretty full when I got there around 630pm (though not as bad as last Friday when it was completely full from 4-6 before our JFK - MXP) but there was virtually no one out on the SkyDeck which suits me just fine. Nothing better than a beer (or other beverage of your choice) and the SkyDeck - especially around 6-7pm when all the heavies are moving around and departing.

6 hours isn't horrible. I would find a seat early, enjoy some drinks and food, take a shower, check out the SkyDeck, and then go grab some Shake Shack on the way to your departure gate.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:59 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
I'm currently in the JFK SC in T4. It's a Monday night in late October, one of the slowest travel periods of the year, yet the SC is the worst I've ever seen. NO seats available, 2-hour wait for showers and the food buffet looks like a homeless shelter of people who haven't eaten in weeks.

WHAT is going on? I've never seen it like this! No wonder DL wants to raise the Amex waiver to $250k. But I don't blame it on Amex users. I blame it on DL for making such a small club at JFK. They need to look at MU in PVG who opened a 2-story club. Just awful Delta!
Pretty much what I experienced on Oct 18th arriving later in the afternoon. Not impressed at all.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
So, is T2's lounge any better? I'm going to be landing at T4 (International) and then my connecting flight is in 2h40m later out of T2. I was considering going to T4 lounge and taking the Jitney shuttle over to my gate.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:16 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
T4 can get crowded but otherwise it's a nice lounge, IMO. OP caught it at a bad time. It certainly has better ambiance than T2, and has the Sky Deck (perhaps not an attraction at this time of year). T2 SC does have a sort of mezzanine/balcony area but it looks out into the rest of T2. T2 can get crowded too.

I'd see how much time you have after you get through customs and immigration (assuming no pre-clearance) and decide whether you have time to visit both, maybe.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
No hot items, except oatmeal, until 7:30 a.m. today in the main Sky Club lounge at JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.