JFK SkyClub - The WORST I've ever seen

Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:40 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I will say that I despise the JFK Sky Club. I've only ever experienced basically what OP described. I try and connect through ATL or SEA instead.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I can only go off my experience but Delta customers are some of the worst behaved and rudest I have encountered. At the MCO club last week the employees were setting up the buffet for lunch and a crowd of vultures were just waiting for the last piece of plastic wrap to be removed before diving in. It was a really disgusting site.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I guess I'm lucky with my usual transit times through JFK, since I rarely see the club really busy there.

I'm sure the delays aren't helping the situation though.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I can only go off my experience but Delta customers are some of the worst behaved and rudest I have encountered. At the MCO club last week the employees were setting up the buffet for lunch and a crowd of vultures were just waiting for the last piece of plastic wrap to be removed before diving in. It was a really disgusting site.
DL advertising for years, Free UPGs, Free this prob didnt help weed out these types of people.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
It can be pretty crowded at peak times. Outbound I clear security at T2 (love me some CLEAR!) and then try to spend my "lounge time" there before heading over to T4 if I'm departing from T4.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Funny, I was thinking about starting a similar thread about the new SC in ATL B Concourse. Flew though last night at 8pm (on a Sunday night). The place was jammed. Few seats, dirty tables everywhere, a rather fragrant men's room and a buffet that had been thoroughly picked over. If I were DL I would be embarrassed.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Im sure DL could open another SC in JFK T4. Whether its 25,000 sq ft, 10,000 sq ft, or 75,000 sq ft is irrelevant if the size of the space can not accommodate your normal passenger volume and flow.

As for ATL B, I have started to avoid that club after my first few novelty visits. My cell phone doesnt get signal in there (AT&T). Does anyone else have that problem? Ive always looked for threads on that issue but never see any and cant believe Im the only one with that problem. Luckily in ATL its easy to just move on to another SC. If Im departing from B, Ill go to the A SC, and if departing from any other concourse, Ill go to the one for that particular concourse.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I was there twice the past few weeks (Sunday evening around 6pm and then Friday 7pm) and it was pretty bad I agree . The next few Lax-Jfk runs going back to AA and upgrading to F so I can have the nice lounge experience at JFK.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
That's funny...

Largest Delta SkyClubs in the system:

1. JFK T4 - 25,000 sq ft
2. ATL B - almost 25,000 sq ft
3. SEA A/B - 21,000 sq ft
It may be big, but too small for the evening outbound international traffic. One of multiple reasons I avoid JFK for my international connections. My preferences are DTW, CVG, and MSP. Although I discovered last week that I might be able to force DCA-RDU-CDG for trans-Atlantic.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:58 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Sunday night there was also a mess, the staff seemed to be trying their best but man, a total ZOO!!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: Delta
For the record, the only issue I have had is getting off an international flight and having to wait to check in, but that's minor. I never waited more than a few minutes to be served. Sure it's busy, but it's JFK, what do you expect...that you are the only traveler who has been delayed? The new Delta rules will trim the population next year. As a Boston based FF, I go thru' JFK a bit and I am fine with it.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
I have been at the JFK T4 club a few times when it has been just a mob scene. The funny thing is that it can clear out so quickly that you would think the fire alarm had been pulled. last time I was there i lucked in to one of the business pods/desks facing the windows but all other seats were taken. In about 20 minutes, i looked up and thought the rapture had happened: it was a ghost town. I assume a few international flights left around the same time.

As for ATL B club: its hit or miss for me. I do prefer the slightly better food options that T, A, C and D don't. E and F do but those can be a touch out of the way.

I do hope that the B club brings back the self serve soda machine. Sometimes getting a drink at the bar is like waiting in line to get U2 tickets.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I can only go off my experience but Delta customers are some of the worst behaved and rudest I have encountered.
Think about the diversity of the DL/AA/UA customer sets, each with 5+ hubs and 140+ million passenger boardings each year. You're being ridiculous.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Slow learner
"it only happens when there are delays at JFK..."

Hilarious!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by PapaJack
The new Delta rules will trim the population next year.
The new Delta rules won't effect the population next year, as they don't apply to this year's qualification (for 2018 status). They will only apply to next year's qualification (for 2019 status), so it will be February 1st 2019 before we will start to see some thinning of the DL SCs!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.