Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page > Delta One Seats - 767 - Different width?

Delta One Seats - 767 - Different width?

Old Oct 21, 17, 7:54 am

Programs: QF
Delta One Seats - 767 - Different width?

Hi all,

Quick question. Bi monthly I travel MSP>LHR and up until this weeks flight I've always managed to have a window seat in the Delta One cabin. The aircraft is always a 767-300.

While not the most comfortable seat, it's wide enough to sleep (and I sleep on my side)

This week due to late booking I forced to sit in the middle - seat 4B - and even upon sitting down I thought the seat was a little narrower than the window seats. Sure enough, I struggled to sleep all night as the seat was too narrow.

Are the seats in the middle slightly narrower? Or did I just have a bad flight?

(and no, I haven't suddenly put on weight!)

Incidentally, the MSP lounge was heaving with people. Completely overcrowded. Macaroni Cheese and the soup/salad was nice though.
Old Oct 21, 17, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta PM/MM, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by drb1979 View Post
Hi all,

Quick question. Bi monthly I travel MSP>LHR and up until this weeks flight I've always managed to have a window seat in the Delta One cabin. The aircraft is always a 767-300.

While not the most comfortable seat, it's wide enough to sleep (and I sleep on my side)

This week due to late booking I forced to sit in the middle - seat 4B - and even upon sitting down I thought the seat was a little narrower than the window seats. Sure enough, I struggled to sleep all night as the seat was too narrow.

Are the seats in the middle slightly narrower? Or did I just have a bad flight?

(and no, I haven't suddenly put on weight!)

Incidentally, the MSP lounge was heaving with people. Completely overcrowded. Macaroni Cheese and the soup/salad was nice though.
The only differencce is in the footwells:

If you're in a non-bulkhead seat that's closer to the aisle (2AC, 3BD, 4AC, 5BD, etc...), the footwell is more open to the aisle and your feet have more space. Also, all the bulkhead seats (row 1) have a slightly deeper and wider footwell.

The seats themselves are identical.
Old Oct 21, 17, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you have an AmEx Plat or Centurion card, try the Escape lounge at MSP. It's farther from the LHR gate, but usually blissfully calm, quite, and not at all overcrowded these days. It's on the right on mezzanine level just as you enter the E concourse. On the right (different stairs/elevator) there's a PGA lounge that accepts PP or money.

If you have lots of time, the C SC might be better than F/G.
Old Oct 21, 17, 10:51 am

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
I've felt the same way. The "aisle" seats seem smaller. Don't know if it's actual width or just the exposed configuration, but I'm not comfortable in them.
Old Oct 21, 17, 12:43 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I donít often fly on the 767 in D1, but when I do itís always in 1D

This actually isnít a joke. Iíve always managed to snag 1D with the privacy and big footwell on the 767. Two more D1 flights booked in 1D right now.
Old Oct 21, 17, 1:02 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Doesn't 1D get the last choice of meal?
Old Oct 21, 17, 3:24 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Seems to, but Iíve never not gotten my first choice. Iím also starting to care less and less, Iíve had some truly awful food in D1 recently. Its fancier and better plated, but I swear it tastes worse than Main Cabin sometimes.

I have a thing about the right hand side of the plane. Also I sleep more on my right so when Iím in a flatbed I can face the window and it feels more private when sleeping.
Old Oct 21, 17, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Doesn't this depend on flight attendants and whether they follow the service standards or not? I've had a purser follow the even/odd rule. I've had others that seemed to go off the manifest, starting with diamonds. Other times they have went to random seats with no discernible pattern or method, so much so that as a paid business-class passenger with diamond status sitting halfway in the cabin on the A side I was the last asked. Other pursuers have deliberately went to non-revenue passengers last.
Old Oct 22, 17, 3:50 am

AFAIK what the FAs/purser are supposed to do for meal orders on the 767 is to start with 1A and go front to back then change to the other (right) aisle and go up from back fron front. Meals are served front to back on each aisle simultaneously.
Old Oct 22, 17, 3:28 pm

Programs: QF
Thanks for all your replies - some good information.

AFAIK what the FAs/purser are supposed to do for meal orders on the 767 is to start with 1A and go front to back then change to the other (right) aisle and go up from back fron front. Meals are served front to back on each aisle simultaneously.
On my DL10 flight last week the purser started on the right aisle, down the back and then up the left aisle. 1A was the last passenger to get asked. Not sure if related but for some reason all Main Cabin passengers were heading down the left aisle and then if needed going across to the right aisle at the first set of toilets in the Main Cabin (which on this aircraft were just after the Comfort Plus seating)

Come to think about it, Main Cabin passengers all going down the left aisle happened on DL11 earlier in the week too! Was quite interesting to see the purser trying to walk towards the front & take orders!
Old Oct 22, 17, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Not a D1 flight or even a meal flight so this may not have much of an impact but on my short ATL-MCO flight yesterday on a 764 I was in 1D and when the FA came to take drink orders and pass around the snack basket she started with 1D and worked her way to the back and came up the other aisle with 1A being asked last.

Search this Thread