Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Left Marine Air Terminal at LGA as of December 9, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First

Sounds like at some point next month DL is totally leaving the MAT and the DCA/ORD shuttles are moving to C/D and DL will have those entire terminals. Will be nice to be able to use a SkyClub finally when departing LGA, but will miss the quaint MAT.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Delta, Accor, Marriott
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Sounds like at some point next month DL is totally leaving the MAT and the DCA/ORD shuttles are moving to C/D and DL will have those entire terminals. Will be nice to be able to use a SkyClub finally when departing LGA, but will miss the quaint MAT.
That's disappointing news. I fly LGA-ORD often and love the feel and convenience of the MAT, especially during the construction.

Any word on what's to become of the terminal? Will fly through this weekend and will ask around.
cestmoi123 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Obviously, lack of a lounge or real facilities is a pain, but the MAT is such a pleasure in terms of getting through security quickly and arranging for an Uber. Pickup is a nightmare elsewhere at LGA and a breeze there.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by grandchampion
That's disappointing news. I fly LGA-ORD often and love the feel and convenience of the MAT, especially during the construction.

Any word on what's to become of the terminal? Will fly through this weekend and will ask around.
Alaska and JetBlue are moving into the MAT I heard......lucky flyers!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Sadness. I love the MAT. Arrive 30 minutes before the flight and have more than enough time.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The lack of a lounge is only an issue in lengthy last minute IRROPS. The availability of <5-minute curb-to-gate time makes all of the rest of this go away.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Only plus is that DCA-LGA can now be used to connect to other DL flights. Same for ORD-LGA.

Still, the MAT was cool.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by steveholt
Obviously, lack of a lounge or real facilities is a pain, but the MAT is such a pleasure in terms of getting through security quickly and arranging for an Uber. Pickup is a nightmare elsewhere at LGA and a breeze there.
MAT is a nightmare if you are taking public transportation. M60-SBS/Q70 doesn't stop there. I believe only the Q47 from Jackson Heights stop there. Last year when I flew out of MAT it was a nightmare. Also that was with the major road construction at LGA.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
Originally Posted by WWads
Only plus is that DCA-LGA can now be used to connect to other DL flights. Same for ORD-LGA.

Still, the MAT was cool.
This was my first thought as well. I hope the fare rules are updated appropriately.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by mridley2
MAT is a nightmare if you are taking public transportation. M60-SBS/Q70 doesn't stop there. I believe only the Q47 from Jackson Heights stop there. Last year when I flew out of MAT it was a nightmare. Also that was with the major road construction at LGA.
Travel time from Grand Central (just to choose a spot) is within five minutes for terminal C or terminal A. A bit more, but hardly a "nightmare." That also assumes that the traffic tie-ups around terminal C and D don't end up affecting the bus.

You're right that the Q70 doesn't stop there (Q47 instead), but the M60 stops only about 10 minutes away on foot, which is about the amount of time it would take from that stop for the bus to get you to terminal C or D.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Only plus is that DCA-LGA can now be used to connect to other DL flights.
I'm trying to decide how miserable the other connection options would have to be such that connecting through LGA looks like an appealing prospect...
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
I'm trying to decide how miserable the other connection options would have to be such that connecting through LGA looks like an appealing prospect...
Well if you want to fly to smaller cities in the NE, it's a better option than JFK IMO.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
LGA isn't that bad
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
LGA isn't that bad
Especially since you're never #40 for departure...
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by mridley2
Travel time from Grand Central (just to choose a spot) is within five minutes for terminal C or terminal A. A bit more, but hardly a "nightmare." That also assumes that the traffic tie-ups around terminal C and D don't end up affecting the bus.

You're right that the Q70 doesn't stop there (Q47 instead), but the M60 stops only about 10 minutes away on foot, which is about the amount of time it would take from that stop for the bus to get you to terminal C or D.
taking public transportation in general to LGA is a nightmare. Last year, I twice took MTA from midtown east right next to E train station and it would take me an hour just to get to CTB because the bus is so slow around CTB. It would take another 10 minutes to Terminal D.

It would be much better to take amtrak than taking public transit to MAT and then fly DCA-LGA shuttle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.