Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Left Marine Air Terminal at LGA as of December 9, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Left Marine Air Terminal at LGA as of December 9, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
God, I hope not. 737/A320/MD88 are all huge downgrades from the E-175.
^ The Truth.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by live5
Maybe this means we can see some mainline service to Chicago now like we do to Boston?
Anything is possible but I would tend to doubt it, with AA and UA hubs at ORD. I haven't looked recently, but I know that NYC-CHI sees over 50 flights a day, including two airlines that have hubs at ORD (plus the WN focus city at MDW), so the E175 feels just right for DL (and as others have said, I am quite fond of the E175).
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Delta Million Miler and PM
Some new renderings showing the new 37 gate redeveloped terminal at LaGuardia Delta has started construction on. You can see all existing terminal spaces are demolished and dual taxi lanes should help speed things up along with extra gate space.
Attached Images   
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
So today I flew Delta out of the MAT to ORD for the last time. My next flight to ORD will be after December 9, by which time Delta will have moved all shuttle flights to the C terminal. Interesting that while I was waiting for my flight a group of JetBlue folks were going to the gates at the MAT and reviewing the computer hookups and layout of each agent’s station. There also was a section by the security lane closed off for construction. I wonder if they’re expanding the security lanes there.

As much as I didn’t like not having a SkyClub or other amenities at the MAT ( and free newspapers and magazines nobody reads don’t count), I will miss the relatively traffic free and quick in and out of that terminal. I guess now there’s no escaping the construction nightmare that is LGA terminals B, C and D. I could always switch to JetBlue. :-)
kthomas likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
Such a bummer as we are headed to ORD on the 14th and thought for some reason the changeover was after that. Always loved the MAT....
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Looks like the move is happening today. DCA-LGA-XXX connections have been loaded into the system. It's definitely a big help during IRROPS to have that extra option, and it'll also be helpful for trips to the NE.
manacit likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I think all the furniture in the MAT came from Delta SkyClubs that had closed or undergone furniture upgrades. I recognized some black leather-like seats in the MAT that I think were used in Delta's unmarked (but excellent) club room in BWI that closed in the mid-1990s.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by WWads
Looks like the move is happening today. DCA-LGA-XXX connections have been loaded into the system. It's definitely a big help during IRROPS to have that extra option, and it'll also be helpful for trips to the NE.
For those of us loyal to Delta and unwilling to fly anyone other than Delta and its partners, this opens up a lot of airports north and east of DCA that formerly required connections in DTW to access, including PWM, MHT, BTV, ROC, BUF, YYZ and YUL.

I haven't been in the main terminal of LGA since the 1980s; I'm looking forward to the SkyDeck that Delta's LGA webpage promises.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...laguardia.html
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delta moved the Shuttle...

... and took away the special present they had been giving to the LGA-DCA commuters, the Marine Air Terminal. It was by leaps and bounds the best airport experience in New York and there cannot be many better at any major-major city anywhere. Easy to get to it, easy to get out of it, and easy to negotiate inside with plenty of room and everything closely within reach.

Now they have moved this route to the ghetto end of Terminal C forcing the Shuttle flyers to crawl through the LGA construction, hike down to one end of C for PreCheck, and back again to the gates, a hefty walk exceeded in NY only by the promenades down T4 at JFK. Then, in a corner of the back end of the Terminal where the gates are packed together, the Shuttle is right in among hub flights to ATL and Minny with the concomitant crowds gathering and the seating being adequate for less than half of those waiting. They actually have thrown away a diamond and replaced it with a lump of coal.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Or look at it another way. Now you can connect onto the DLS just like any other DL flight at LGA. And you can even check a bag and not have to retrieve it at LGA and schlep it to the MAT.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
We flew in to LGA Tuesday evening just before 9 PM and had to pick up a rental car, which means changing from the PA Shuttle to the Rental Car Shuttle at MAT. Road access to and from MAT was at a standstill due to the cabs trying to get to and from MAT and on the feed line. It took 15 minutes to get from MAT to Hertz which used to be a 3-4 minute ride. I have my Jan & Feb trips booked to LGA but if this continues I'll be changing to JFK or EWR.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Often1
Or look at it another way. Now you can connect onto the DLS just like any other DL flight at LGA. And you can even check a bag and not have to retrieve it at LGA and schlep it to the MAT.
presuming, of course, that DL’s fare rules will actually allow you to book and ticket a connection w Shuttle flights ... iirc this has long been a “pink unicorn”
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTT
Here is an existing thread discussing the move:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...minal-lga.html
And the point of that post and putting that link was, what? That thread was very clearly about Delta will be leaving the MAT and this thread is about Delta actually having left and the effects of that move as reported by an actual traveler on the route. Of course when you fly that route, YMMV.
Originally Posted by Often1
I do not understand the thinking that sets up any connection at LGA. IMO, considering the logistical problems that cause all sorts of delays and IROPS there, it is sheer madness. It was madness to the point of insanity to schedule a transfer to or from the MAT. That terminal was for the Shuttle but Delta figured they could pick up a few extra coins if they threw in some connecting traffic of passengers who were under-informed about the realities of that undertaking.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:27 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
We flew in to LGA Tuesday evening just before 9 PM and had to pick up a rental car, which means changing from the PA Shuttle to the Rental Car Shuttle at MAT. Road access to and from MAT was at a standstill due to the cabs trying to get to and from MAT and on the feed line. It took 15 minutes to get from MAT to Hertz which used to be a 3-4 minute ride. I have my Jan & Feb trips booked to LGA but if this continues I'll be changing to JFK or EWR.
Ugh, sorry to hear that. Conversely, we arrived last Saturday (day of the move) a little after 10 PM and the traffic was clear, thank goodness. I was a bit annoyed that the PA Shuttle dropped us off at the back of the mural building and we had to cut through and walk out to the Hertz stop.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by jrl767

presuming, of course, that DL’s fare rules will actually allow you to book and ticket a connection w Shuttle flights ... iirc this has long been a “pink unicorn”
Looks like the "pink unicorn" is available starting Jan 15 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.