Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Left Marine Air Terminal at LGA as of December 9, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Left Marine Air Terminal at LGA as of December 9, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
DL press release makes it official. December 9.

http://news.delta.com/delta-consolid...minals-c-and-d
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta Million Miler and PM
Its official - December 9th the Chicago and Washington Shuttle flights Depart/Arrive Terminal C.

Frontier and Spirit with join Delta utilizing check-in at Terminal C but depart and arrive Terminal D. Will be nice for Delta to have all the gates in the most modern wing of Terminal C that they once shared with American.

http://www.panynj.gov/press-room/pre...adLine_id=2809
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by ty97
DL press release makes it official. December 9.

http://news.delta.com/delta-consolid...minals-c-and-d
Interesting.....in that press release it says regular economy has to pay for spirits, but all drinks and spirits are complimentary on all east coast shuttle flights today in all classes of service......is this changing?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:05 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
This will be great news, assuming that, they'll change routing rules for connecting flights, for example:

PIT/JFK/ORD is a valid routing but PIT/LGA/ORD isn't. This would open up a lot more connecting options.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Interesting.....in that press release it says regular economy has to pay for spirits, but all drinks and spirits are complimentary on all east coast shuttle flights today in all classes of service......is this changing?
I don't think it's changing - I'm pretty sure the policy was just free beer/wine in Coach and extra for spirits - says it on this page unless they already updated it (https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...t-shuttle.html)
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Guess the Republic FA's have been feeling generous these past two years on the ORD/DCA shuttles!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
I don't think it's changing - I'm pretty sure the policy was just free beer/wine in Coach and extra for spirits - says it on this page unless they already updated it (https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...t-shuttle.html)
West Coast shuttle page says free beer, wine, spirits but perhaps East Coast is different? I haven't been on the shuttle in a long time.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...t-shuttle.html
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
I fly out of MAT quite frequently to ORD. While I always objected to the lack of a SkyClub there, and I fully understand why, I will miss the traffic free ride on my parking shuttle and the quick in and out of the terminal.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I'll miss the MAT. It was like being upgraded from the usual 7th circle of LGA hell to the 6th circle.
kthomas and hi55us like this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by tonypct
I fly out of MAT quite frequently to ORD. While I always objected to the lack of a SkyClub there, and I fully understand why, I will miss the traffic free ride on my parking shuttle and the quick in and out of the terminal.
I also objected, but I don't understand why. I get that the intent was for people to arrive just minutes before their flight, but the reality is with LGA being delay prone both on its own and also because of its location in an extremely congested air corridor, a lounge would have been quite useful.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Now people will have access to a lounge, as well as longer waits for TSA security and longer walks at LGA, but OTOH it will be much easier to connect to/from a shuttle flight.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I think the only way this could ever possibly happen without a buy-up would be with some very strange IRROPS.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:31 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Now people will have access to a lounge, as well as longer waits for . . . . .
Ahhh, yes. So, now you better be prepared with your own folding chair to get a seat in the SkyClubs!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It seems that AA is leaving LGA C in order to operate everything from B (Central Terminal), so presumably DL is taking over that space and gates. The existing SC at LGA C is almost between the current AA and DL gates and I think there's another airline lounge near it, so maybe DL will either expand the current lounge or add another one. IIRC the other one is the lounge that DL used temporarily around the time it was expanding at LGA, perhaps the former US lounge.
silverthief2 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by live5
Maybe this means we can see some mainline service to Chicago now like we do to Boston?
God, I hope not. 737/A320/MD88 are all huge downgrades from the E-175.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.