Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ice Cream Treats at the Last Crown Room

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ice Cream Treats at the Last Crown Room

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
HEF isn't listed in the FT airport code lookup.
A website devoted to the history of Manassas indicates that the name of the airport was Harry P. Davis Field; I don't know how they got HEF out of that.

As for Klondikes, you can get all you want at the Food Lions near HEF.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:23 am

I take great pride in the fact I've visited all 50 states. Thank god CVG is in Kentucky, otherwise KY would still be on my list to visit.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta - GM
Originally Posted by fslarry
I take great pride in the fact I've visited all 50 states. Thank god CVG is in Kentucky, otherwise KY would still be on my list to visit.
FLAG -- rule violation. It doesn't count as a visited state unless you get off airport grounds.

That is the rule that my wife and I have with her brother as we compete to see who can get the most states.
WillFlyer and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by JKPFlyer
FLAG -- rule violation. It doesn't count as a visited state unless you get off airport grounds.

That is the rule that my wife and I have with her brother as we compete to see who can get the most states.
I have all 50 states multiple times - AK and HI are lagging at only 8 visits each. First time around when I came to live in the USA I did count traveling through an airport as sufficient. 2nd time around I counted driving in the state. 3rd time around spending a minimum of one night in the state with dinner bed and breakfast.

Current time around would be TMI - but as a clue, it does involve carnal knowledge of my wife !!

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Oct 19, 2017 at 2:04 pm
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I have all 50 states multiple times - AS and HI are lagging at only 8 visits each.
Technically AS (American Samoa) is a US Territory. I suspect that you meant AK (Alaska). That's the only state I haven't been to, but it's where my wife was born. I have seen it from the air on the way to Asia.

I remember seeing you on the flight to HI the only time I've been there.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Current time around would be TMI - but as a clue, it does involve carnal knowledge of my wife !!
And this is just a clue??? I'm afraid of what the answer is then.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
HEF isn't listed in the FT airport code lookup.
Not surprised. As far as I know, HEF/MNZ is general aviation only.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by JKPFlyer

It took me a number of years, but I did photograph the inside and outside of all 50 state capitol buildings (in Montgomery, Raleigh and Carson City, the legislature meets in a different building than the capitol, and I've been in those buildings too).
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 18sas
Not surprised. As far as I know, HEF/MNZ is general aviation only.
That's correct; interestingly, the airport has an immigration/customs facility which is staffed upon advance reservation by CBP officers based at IAD (about 15 miles away).
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by ND76
That's correct; interestingly, the airport has an immigration/customs facility which is staffed upon advance reservation by CBP officers based at IAD (about 15 miles away).
And if you're looking for Dulles Aviation, you'll find them at HEF not IAD.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
It took me a number of years, but I did photograph the inside and outside of all 50 state capitol buildings (in Montgomery, Raleigh and Carson City, the legislature meets in a different building than the capitol, and I've been in those buildings too).
I have 5 states left to get to to have visited all 50 states but my other 50-states goal is golfing in every state. I'm 26 of 50 there.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
This is not surprising. A number of people from Loudon fly into HEF due to lower landing fees. I sat next to a married couple at a happy hour in old town who owned and operated about 15 planes from HEF.

Originally Posted by 18sas
And if you're looking for Dulles Aviation, you'll find them at HEF not IAD.
You'll also see Washington Redskin owner Dan Snyder's plane, "Redskins 1"
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
CVG's SkyClub is actually the "Wendell H. Ford Crown Room Club". Therefore, it is the last Crown Room.
That is likely to change soon. After all, what did Wendell Ford do for DL last year?

The is one of my favorite clubs, since it still looks like a Crown Room.

If only DL knew how to find CVG on a plane other than a CR2.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:11 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
If only DL knew how to find CVG on a plane other than a CR2.
For LEX DO I flew into CVG on a 738 and left on a 717, so what's the problem?

Pretty sure this was my first time through CVG. Maybe it's just me, but the underground connectors felt extremely reminiscent of ATL, just with fewer concourses.

Got ensnared in IRROPS on the way out and the Sky Club agent was extremely helpful and diligent researching rebooking opportunities -- gave her a JWD ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.