Wiki Posts
Search

51st and Green at DUB

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL,Marriott,Hilton, Avis, SPG
51st and Green at DUB

I fly once a year DUB-ATL on D1. Last year we took advantage of the 51st and Green lounge and enjoyed it.
In Dublin you go through Irish security and are asked to wait in a pleasant but congested area until the monitors tell you to proceed to US Preclearance where you go through immigration and security. Then you proceed to the 51st and Green lounge. My question is, has anyone gone through the preclearance before being called to do so? I'd rather wait in the post-security lounge if I can get through the US areas sooner.
Thanks for any help.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by rybolt
I fly once a year DUB-ATL on D1. Last year we took advantage of the 51st and Green lounge and enjoyed it.
In Dublin you go through Irish security and are asked to wait in a pleasant but congested area until the monitors tell you to proceed to US Preclearance where you go through immigration and security. Then you proceed to the 51st and Green lounge. My question is, has anyone gone through the preclearance before being called to do so? I'd rather wait in the post-security lounge if I can get through the US areas sooner.
Thanks for any help.
You can go when you want! I didn't even know there were announcements and I'm there way in advance to avoid traffic on the M50 or through town if I go that way.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL,Marriott,Hilton, Avis, SPG
Thank you! I should have asked years ago. I would have saved a lot of money that was spent in The Whiskey Shop!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
I sure hope that's a private lounge (like Priority Club) as opposed to a SkyClub substitute.....
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
I sure hope that's a private lounge (like Priority Club) as opposed to a SkyClub substitute.....
Yep. And if you like plane spotting, you don't get much closer.

Was there last month, and my wife (who wouldn't know a 737 from a 777) spent a good 1/2 hour taking plane pics/videos.

It was our first trip to Dublin, and someone had told us to arrive really early. Ended up spending 2-3 hours there. Pretty nice when not swamped-especially if you can get a seat by the window.

Also, there's a small duty-free past security on the way there. Samples of whiskey - nothing better at 9am
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:37 am

DUB lounge closed

Those of you traveling to Ireland in J: do not arrive early for your return flight at DUB. The lounge post-US clearance is closed until end of September. You get a voucher for food. Offerings in main terminal pretty grim. Terminal grim with many stores closed. The rest of Ireland is fabulous again - everything is open and people are all vaccinated and sensible with masking & social distancing.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
By end of Sept. do you mean 10/1?

I will be flying back on 9/29.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by jm0933
By end of Sept. do you mean 10/1?

I will be flying back on 9/29.
Then you are the audience I wanted to warn - it will still be closed, according to the DL check-in agent.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:28 pm

I'm assuming still closed? Nothing on 51st and Green about lounge being closed but Airport website says closed until further notice - not sure when updated.

Can anyone confirm they've visited this lounge since it was supposed to open in October? More recently?
If not I'll brave crappy traffic and arrive last minute.
BSAChris likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 3:27 am

IT'S OPEN!

I write this from 51st and Green - opened 4 weeks ago. Food offerings skimpy compared to beforetimes, but at least there is a place to sit and to pee without queuing once you pass US immigration.
BSAChris likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
I used the lounge on Sept 28. Def nothing special write home about. The food selection was pretty limited and didn't offer anything that I was interested in. They had bottled water and the restroom was clean, so the lounge met my minimum requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.