Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta's Domestic 767-300

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by minnyfly
Not all 767s are created equal. The domestic birds just happen to be the worst examples of a 767. It's the worst F in the fleet for space, and the economy cabin is ancient with the old tiny overhead bins and ancient AVOD system. Back in the day they some very uncomfortable seats too. I'll miss the widebody 2-3-2, but the rest of the plane leaves a lot to be desired.
As someone who rarely pays for F and for most passengers who never fly F, I think it's fair to say that it is a better plane for the majority of passengers. I do recall the tight bins, but I've never had an issue fitting what I need into them, so it wasn't a big deal.

I'll take a 763 before a 739 any day.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by minnyfly
Not all 767s are created equal. The domestic birds just happen to be the worst examples of a 767. It's the worst F in the fleet for space, and the economy cabin is ancient with the old tiny overhead bins and ancient AVOD system. Back in the day they some very uncomfortable seats too. I'll miss the widebody 2-3-2, but the rest of the plane leaves a lot to be desired.
The overhead bins are the absolute worst. I hate being a gate lice, but this is the one plane where it's absolutely mandatory to be standing in line right when they call PREM/SKY if you want your bag anywhere near you.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM
Awful overheads, but very nice Y. Just flew one of these ATL - SFO - ATL.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
A funny story about how bad F is on these planes.

I was flying LAS-JFK on a red-eye (I think) a year or two ago. I was #1 on the upgrade list when we boarded. The person who guy the last upgrade flat-out declined it -- he was very tall and had a bulkhead sit in coach, which he said was more comfortable than the seat he was given in first. He was angry that they considered the seat an upgrade.

I ended up getting the seat. One of the few times I've been in F on these planes. It was only marginally better than a good coach seat. If the person in the row in front of you reclines, it is awfully tight.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
I love how Delta only flies 3 domestic 767s today and yet this thread has 3 pages of comments.

I remember flying in coach on one in 2013 DTW-LAX. After years of flying on mostly regional jets, the fact that a large plane like this was even a thing was memorable. That flight was one reason I started using sites like SeatGuru and started reading up on forums like this one.

My first adult flight on a jet was also a 767 MCO-IND on ATA. Nostalgia!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sdadept
I just flew one of these slc-atl today and it was definitely on the old side for the interior. I still like the 767 though. I remember when lots of domestic routes were flown by l1011 and 767s. Now we have to endure the crappy 737 everywhere. I avoid the 737's as much as possible.
739 is really bad unless you are in F.

Originally Posted by third_wave
The overhead bins are the absolute worst. I hate being a gate lice, but this is the one plane where it's absolutely mandatory to be standing in line right when they call PREM/SKY if you want your bag anywhere near you.
Oh yah. I did the same on the redeye. I was the 5th or 6th to board and in Seat 4A. My bag had to go above row 2 because Row 3/4 had multiple people seated. The bit literally holds 1 bag per two rows basically.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by blitzcon
My first adult flight on a jet was also a 767 MCO-IND on ATA. Nostalgia!
Are you sure it wasn't an L-1011 or DC-10? I don't recall ATA having 767's.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keith2004
Hopefully they Exit by next fall, I am doing Hawaii next fall (Nov) and I want to go thru SLC, since its the only 1 stop option that is Upgrade eligible from DC area
What about via LAX?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
What about via LAX?
DCA-LAX is no longer upgrade eligible since it is now a D1 flight
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keith2004
DCA-LAX is no longer upgrade eligible since it is now a D1 flight
Sorry. I was thinking you were talking only about the HNL flight, with ATL/MSP-HNL not being upgradeable.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Sorry. I was thinking you were talking only about the HNL flight, with ATL/MSP-HNL not being upgradeable.
Yeah I guess I am greedy for wanting the entire trip to be upgradable, and even more greedy for wanting an upgrade to a Lie Flat with a 330 back non SLC-HNL......of course its possible none of my upgrades go through and I am in the back all the way lol
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Unfortunately, the last 2 domestic 767s are going to be sticking with us through the summer.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by BostonPlanesAndTrains
Unfortunately, the last 2 domestic 767s are going to be sticking with us through the summer.
Lovely. These 767's are the epitome example of "some of the best real estate on the planet"
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Are these clunkers out of the fleet yet?

I'm worried that I have some ATL-ANC flying to do this summer in F, and the 763 domestic seat map is showing up.

Assuming there's no other plane available, seems like a decent route choice for a bad plane (long, not business heavy, kinda neglected, etc.) but ill have to switch to connecting flights if the domestic 763 is operating it. Nearly 3500 miles is FAR to much for those bad F seats.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Still two flying, N140LL and N1402A. They are not, in fact, Delta's oldest 767-300ERs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.