Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Economy - Delta One connection queries.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I’ve checked the Delta website & searched this forum but can’t find answers to these questions.

I’m flying Orlando to JFK to London using VS miles on Delta metal. This is on one ticket/booking with a 90 min layover at JFK. MCO-JFK is in main cabin, JFK-LHR is Delta One.

Q1. Does the Delta One checked baggage allowance apply for the first connection/leg, or would the normal main cabin allowance be applied eg $25 per bag?
Q2. Would I get lounge access at MCO?
Q3. Is it likely that same terminal would be used at JFK?

I ask this as I know BA honour the main leg international benefits for a domestic connection, but I’m less familiar with Delta.

Thanks !
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: Skymiles member
yes to all counts
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Is yes to Q1 as in yes I’d get the Delta One benefits on the economy leg? As opposed to yes I’ll have to pay $25 per bag��. Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
You’ll get the D1 baggage allowance all the way.

Some MCO-JFK flights land at T2, while TATL flights use T4, so don’t count on the same terminal.

At JFK you’ll have access to the DL SkyClub or the VS Clubhouse. Go to the Clubhouse.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies I read somewhere that there is a reliable airside bus transfer between terminals 2-4, Travelling with a child. Can anyone confirm ?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Bozza
Thanks for the replies I read somewhere that there is a reliable airside bus transfer between terminals 2-4, Travelling with a child. Can anyone confirm ?
Yes there is a bus between T2 and T4 which is pretty reliable IME. To answer some of your other questions, you will get D1 baggage allotment for your MCO-JFK leg and should get lounge access in MCO as well as JFK.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
You’ll get the D1 baggage allowance all the way.

Some MCO-JFK flights land at T2, while TATL flights use T4, so don’t count on the same terminal.

At JFK you’ll have access to the DL SkyClub or the VS Clubhouse. Go to the Clubhouse.
While generally my recommendation is the same, have to add an * to it. Use the VS Clubhouse only if you have sufficient connecting time. It's in T4 where DL international flights depart, but in the farest end of A concourse, while all DL flights are in B concourse. 1.5-2 hours is the minimum I go by for heading to the Clubhouse when flying DL metal to UK.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
While generally my recommendation is the same, have to add an * to it. Use the VS Clubhouse only if you have sufficient connecting time. It's in T4 where DL international flights depart, but in the farest end of A concourse, while all DL flights are in B concourse. 1.5-2 hours is the minimum I go by for heading to the Clubhouse when flying DL metal to UK.
Good point. I usually fly VS (I find PE on VS to be an affordable improvement over Economy or C+) to the UK; the VS gates are near the Clubhouse. Also, the purpose of many of my trips to the UK is long-distance (~100 miles) walking, so the airport treks add to my preparation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.