Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta removes checkin from their mobile app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta removes checkin from their mobile app

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
Buggy for me

So I upgraded my app, iOS on 11.2, iPhone 8+ Received the notification “your checked in” t- 24. Opened the app and added checked bag to the “Today” screen. So far so good. Then swiped to second leg...no BP and asking to check in. Did so, still no BP on second leg of “Today” screen. Guess I’ll go back to paper today.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Looks like Android update came through today

I initially hesitated but don't think I will mind, particularly for super early flights where I'm unlikely to be awake 24hrs b4 to check in,
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
I always felt like the Kettles were the ones trudging down the aisle expecting to fit the equivalent of a 42-gallon trash can in the overhead.
In some markets, they're traveling with an actual 42-gallon trash bag...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Checking my bags makes the whole experience a bit easier, a bit more luxurious.
Totally agree. I love checking my bags. It makes everything so civilized.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by sdlevi27
So in short, there's no change to the gate process and this is simply an enhancement for users of the mobile app.
That's a great assessment. Thanks for the breakdown of the new process.

So, it's not really 'automatic', but just streamlined... Which is good.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Fun new issue with this change. Flying today and tomorrow. Since it automatically checked me in for tomorrow’s flight, that flight shows up on my Today tab of the App. Not my real Today’s flight.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by thesaints
I've been told on the phone that once I check in RUC cannot be applied.
HUCA. I've done it multiple times.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can a phone agent or airport un-check you in to apply the RUC?

deleted.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
So what's going to happen to situations like the two legs that I had last week where I wasn't able to check-in through the app at all?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
If you're on an older phone (I use a Galaxy S4 Mini), you can't update to the new version because it's not compatible. The app functions until you go to look at your itinerary, at which point the update is prompted.

I called DL tech support last night and apparently there will be a compatible version with phones from the ancient times of 2014 at some point soon.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I can see this creating confusion now with some pax... when they see 'your boarding pass is available' they may just think, oh good I don't have to do anything and then go to the airport and discover they weren't actually checked in and its too late.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Quote from Delta News release
“Our customers have told us Delta can eliminate some of their stress associated with upcoming travel if they know their boarding pass is ready and can see their seat assignment,” said Rhonda Crawford, Vice President – Global Distribution & Digital Strategy. “Auto check-in provides that peace of mind in a simple, automated solution that also saves valuable time.
Hopefully people see the notification and actually open the app to see what they need to do. Not doing so would cause more stress and we all know that wasn't their intention
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rylan
I can see this creating confusion now with some pax... when they see 'your boarding pass is available' they may just think, oh good I don't have to do anything and then go to the airport and discover they weren't actually checked in and its too late.
That's the concern I expressed in another thread. I can just see the angry mobs at the airport of people who assumed that they were checked in and didn't do anything (like open the app) until after the check in deadline had passed.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I was looking through my App Store updates and it looks like that DL has finally added a feature where you can opt-out of this stupid auto check in in the latest 4.7 update
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I was looking through my App Store updates and it looks like that DL has finally added a feature where you can opt-out of this stupid auto check in in the latest 4.7 update
Did they bring back the feature of the app keeping more than one user available for login?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.