Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta removes checkin from their mobile app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta removes checkin from their mobile app

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
I haven't updated the app yet, but I think if DL gave the opportunity to do auto check-in at 24 hours, it would limit the "needless" check-ins of people who may not fly.
^
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Airlines have the ability to see which flight you are coming from, so hopefully it's not too much of a problem at the transit point.
not if you're on a separate ticket
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
On the latest version of the Android app, if I have checked in for a flight on any device - DL kiosk or DL web page, if I open "Today" in the app on my Android phone, the boarding pass bar code automatically appears in the app.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thesaints
RUC/GUC have to be applied before check-in, as far as I know. That means waiting to see what the upgrade list looks like is no more possible.
There's a cutoff, but checking in has no bearing
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
When your boarding pass is scanned at/ before security. In most developed European nations these are linked straight to the airline. I'm less familiar with the underlying US IT, but it would seem odd if it didn't.
No it isn't. Even at LHR only T5 has a link if I remember correctly.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:53 pm

I am pretty sure you can still change your seat on the app after you have been checked in (at least before this recent change)?

However, I do remember I checked in one time, I think it was with United, at the check in counter and I was locked into that seat from then on out. From my end at least. Obviously a gate agent could change it.

I am going off memory though.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by jiaogulan
I am pretty sure you can still change your seat on the app after you have been checked in (at least before this recent change)?

However, I do remember I checked in one time, I think it was with United, at the check in counter and I was locked into that seat from then on out. From my end at least. Obviously a gate agent could change it.

I am going off memory though.
BA doesn't let you change seats once you pick them at OLCI either.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
BTW, when and how is DL going to collect checked bag fees from kettles?
Is this really a thing? Checking my bags makes the whole experience a bit easier, a bit more luxurious.

I always felt like the Kettles were the ones trudging down the aisle expecting to fit the equivalent of a 42-gallon trash can in the overhead.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:04 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
I wonder how long this will last until the phone agents revolt. I had to call today for IRROPS rebooking due to smoke in SFO. They were in the middle of it and had to get back on the phone to ask me to close my app entirely. It kept checking me in automatically while they were trying to check me out to reissue the ticket. Sigh...
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kpbadger
I wonder how long this will last until the phone agents revolt. I had to call today for IRROPS rebooking due to smoke in SFO. They were in the middle of it and had to get back on the phone to ask me to close my app entirely. It kept checking me in automatically while they were trying to check me out to reissue the ticket. Sigh...
Wow... that is dumb. rofl
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by kpbadger
It kept checking me in automatically while they were trying to check me out to reissue the ticket. Sigh...
Who could have ever anticipated this...
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Not sure what the difference is in keeping the DL app open than being in the itinerary on the web. When I make various changes to international tickets, agents always tell me to get out of that particular itinerary or complications ensue.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM
got an "flight is on time" notification for a flight I rescheduled to Nov. the app is acting quirky today. or is this normal?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Wow... that is dumb. rofl
In the media, DL is claiming that their customers asked for this enhancement.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:06 pm

I have colleagues ticked that they now have to call to uncheckin to help throw off people trying to gauge their RUC vs Battlefield elite upgrade chances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.