Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JLO's kid was fundraising on my flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
JLO's kid was fundraising on my flight

Flew Delta One from LAX to JFK today - poor looking kid walks around Delta One selling chocolate bars. The chocolate is in a box with a school's name which I am hard pressed to remember but I had googled it and the school had "branches" in NY and California. I was mystified at this kid fundraising during the flight... or that the flight crew allowed it.

One of the FAs later confided that he was Jennifer Lopez's kid which was the only reason they let him do it - as far as I know he only did it in Delta One, and he didn't interrupt anyone - just looked at you with puppy dog eyes to sell one dollar chocolate bars.

I regret not having taken a pic of the kid. I was going to take one to share with flyertalk but decided not to - had I known it was JLO's kid I would have.

No complaints about the kid or the fundraiser, just mentioning it here because it was surprising and kinda cool.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Should DL put these signs on every plane now? For the record I dont find this cool, but I do find it very surprising. Honestly the FA who allowed it, and the other FA's who let him/her do it should be in trouble.

How in the world does "JLO's kid" need to panhandle just go ask mom for the money.

By this definition I should be allowed to board the flight, and panhandle for money too. Between this and the new "subway" entrances DL is testing at gates it really is like riding the MTA more and more on planes/

KevinDTW likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
This can't be real? I mean I'm not doubting you but how is DL letting a XXX millionaire's kid sell chocolates on a flight? There are so many things wrong with this no matter which cabin it is. When we are on a plane it is a confined space and we have the right to not have it intruded on like that. I don't even like it when they push the duty free.
PTravel, Zeeb, KevinDTW and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Good to see the bloggers following Tedgrrrr and FT

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....ght-yesterday/

Attached Images  
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
So much for safety/privacy if the chocolate bars were labelled with what school the kid went to.

I find it hard to believe.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
If he really wanted to raise some money he should have brought sandwiches to sell in coach.
apodo77, QDDawg and Watchful like this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Between this and the new "subway" entrances DL is testing at gates it really is like riding the MTA more and more on planes/
Great, I'm looking forward to the musicians and preachers on my next flight!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
I thought JLos kids where home schooled and checking out her instagram account, she flies private.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Osmo
I thought JLos kids where home schooled and checking out her instagram account, she flies private.
Her kids are in the 4th grade and not home schooled anymore:

https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...7311504802901/
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Should DL put these signs on every plane now? For the record I dont find this cool, but I do find it very surprising. Honestly the FA who allowed it, and the other FA's who let him/her do it should be in trouble.

How in the world does "JLO's kid" need to panhandle just go ask mom for the money.

By this definition I should be allowed to board the flight, and panhandle for money too. Between this and the new "subway" entrances DL is testing at gates it really is like riding the MTA more and more on planes/

Originally Posted by KevinDTW
Great, I'm looking forward to the musicians and preachers on my next flight!
careful, remember Delta is Atlanta-based and they could start taking after MARTA not MTA! https://mobile.twitter.com/FakeMARTA...48118037114880
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Skyteam
I can't believe they are still $1.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Diamond (Aspire)
What's a JLO?

I thought the benefit of letting your kids sell various trinkets and other small items on board was limited to FOs and DL Amex Gold Members, as per DL's website (though I have spotted the occasional rogue FA who let those flying in Basic E to take advantage of this as well).
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...nsit-authority
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
No FC? Really?!

Wrong post

Last edited by Pianoman109876; Oct 10, 2017 at 10:33 pm Reason: wrong post :)
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
And this being FT, I obviously (mis)read the title as referring to some kid from JLO (presuming that as an airport code for somewhere) selling the chocolate bars.
QDDawg likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.