Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Having trouble SDC on RUC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond, MAR&HLT Gold, Wyndham Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
Having trouble SDC on RUC

Having trouble SDC on a RUC LAX-JFK. Does anyone know the “relevant section” in the rules that I need to point them to on the Delta website? I’ve been searching FT and can’t seem to find what I need.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I know someone posted it here not that long ago.

Did you try searching delta.dumb yourself?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by 123Go
Having trouble SDC on a RUC LAX-JFK. Does anyone know the “relevant section” in the rules that I need to point them to on the Delta website? I’ve been searching FT and can’t seem to find what I need.
What is the excuse they are telling you as to why you can’t SDC?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond, MAR&HLT Gold, Wyndham Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
They reference the voluntary changes ryder in the TOS on the Cert. I run them the through my argument the cert is form of payment for a F ticket which can be SDC regardless of fare class but they seem to be forcing the burden of proof on to me to point out the exact relevant sections on their website. I cant seem to find where it says that a main cabin ticket upgraded with a cert counts as a paid first class ticket.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
They reference the voluntary changes ryder in the TOS on the Cert. I run them the through my argument the cert is form of payment for a F ticket which can be SDC regardless of fare class but they seem to be forcing the burden of proof on to me to point out the exact relevant sections on their website. I cant seem to find where it says that a main cabin ticket upgraded with a cert counts as a paid first class ticket.
Has your ticket been reissued? Sometimes that seems to make a difference in whether DL agents view it as a premium cabin ticket or not.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Yes ticket has been reissued. Got to a supervisor and they were able to do it. If anyone has this issue in the future you need to explain.

1) A main cabin ticket upgraded using an instrument such as mileage upgrades, globals, regionals count as a paid first ticket and the cert/miles are the form of payment.
2) First Class rules for same day changes apply.
3) Direct them towards the same travel changes of first class tickets if they bring up the “Voluntary changes” Ryder to the Regional Upgrade Certificates.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Yes ticket has been reissued. Got to a supervisor and they were able to do it. If anyone has this issue in the future you need to explain.

1) A main cabin ticket upgraded using an instrument such as mileage upgrades, globals, regionals count as a paid first ticket and the cert/miles are the form of payment.
2) First Class rules for same day changes apply.
3) Direct them towards the same travel changes of first class tickets if they bring up the “Voluntary changes” Ryder to the Regional Upgrade Certificates.
OP, it's really a shame you still have to deal with this. RUC/GUC's have been in existence since what - 2013/2014? And the fact 3-4 years later we still have agents that don't know the rules shows you how low DL has fallen.

As a DM myself I can tell you that the quality of agents on the DM (let alone PM) line has fallen. The whole operation seems to have taken a plunge over the last two years.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:57 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
This should be a sticky because it comes up about every 10 days
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:44 pm

See link and text below. Bolding is added to direct you. Point is that once RUC clears, it is a "premium cabin fare" and so that rule applies.

From here: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...l-changes.html

You can use the same-day confirmed option for travel within the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands on Delta and Delta Connection® flights.
You may request a same-day flight change within 24 hours prior to the departure time of your original flight; however changes are limited to flights departing on the same day of ticketed departure.
If you have a flexible fare (usually a refundable ticket), you may be able to change your itinerary without a fee.
If you have an Economy fare, you can only be rebooked in the same fare class as your original flight.
If you have a premium cabin fare, -- including Delta One™, First and Business Class -- you may make a same-day confirmed change as long as a seat is available in the premium cabin.
If you are traveling in Delta Comfort+ on a W fare, you may make a same-day confirmed change as long as a seat is available in Delta Comfort+. If there is not a seat available in Delta Comfort+, you may be eligible to Same Day Confirm in a Main Cabin seat in some circumstances.
Award Tickets are same-day confirmed eligible.
Origin, destination or co-terminal (LGA to JFK) changes are not same-day confirmed eligible.
Same-Day Confirmed changes from connection to non-stop flights are not permitted.
Basic Economy fares (E) are not eligible for same-day confirmed travel changes.

Also see "Medallion Rules" section of same link. The fact that it says "Medallion complimentary upgrades" distinguishes that "do not transfer" rule from an RUC, and the rule above re premium cabin fare applies.

Additional Rules
Medallion complimentary upgrades do not transfer to your rebooked ticket.
Trip Extras or seats purchased for the original flight do not transfer to your rebooked ticket. Please note the original terms and conditions for Trip Extras, Delta Comfort+® and Preferred Seats.
The same-day travel program is subject to change and the rules in effect on the date of travel will apply.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
OP, it's really a shame you still have to deal with this. RUC/GUC's have been in existence since what - 2013/2014? And the fact 3-4 years later we still have agents that don't know the rules shows you how low DL has fallen.

As a DM myself I can tell you that the quality of agents on the DM (let alone PM) line has fallen. The whole operation seems to have taken a plunge over the last two years.

DL’s fearless leader isn’t going to just give away top quality service any longer. You’ll need to pay.

FCSM - First Class service Monetization.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerwma
See link and text below. Bolding is added to direct you. Point is that once RUC clears, it is a "premium cabin fare" and so that rule applies.

From here: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...l-changes.html

You can use the same-day confirmed option for travel within the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands on Delta and Delta Connection® flights.
You may request a same-day flight change within 24 hours prior to the departure time of your original flight; however changes are limited to flights departing on the same day of ticketed departure.
If you have a flexible fare (usually a refundable ticket), you may be able to change your itinerary without a fee.
If you have an Economy fare, you can only be rebooked in the same fare class as your original flight.
If you have a premium cabin fare, -- including Delta One™, First and Business Class -- you may make a same-day confirmed change as long as a seat is available in the premium cabin.
If you are traveling in Delta Comfort+ on a W fare, you may make a same-day confirmed change as long as a seat is available in Delta Comfort+. If there is not a seat available in Delta Comfort+, you may be eligible to Same Day Confirm in a Main Cabin seat in some circumstances.
Award Tickets are same-day confirmed eligible.
Origin, destination or co-terminal (LGA to JFK) changes are not same-day confirmed eligible.
Same-Day Confirmed changes from connection to non-stop flights are not permitted.
Basic Economy fares (E) are not eligible for same-day confirmed travel changes.

Also see "Medallion Rules" section of same link. The fact that it says "Medallion complimentary upgrades" distinguishes that "do not transfer" rule from an RUC, and the rule above re premium cabin fare applies.

Additional Rules
Medallion complimentary upgrades do not transfer to your rebooked ticket.
Trip Extras or seats purchased for the original flight do not transfer to your rebooked ticket. Please note the original terms and conditions for Trip Extras, Delta Comfort+® and Preferred Seats.
The same-day travel program is subject to change and the rules in effect on the date of travel will apply.
Thanks for this. This should help others. I had already SDC RUCs twice this year (one was 5 weeks ago) and provided the DL rep with Ticket numbers and confirmation numbers but they still wouldn’t believe me!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JesseRohr
DL’s fearless leader isn’t going to just give away top quality service any longer. You’ll need to pay.

FCSM - First Class service Monetization.
I hear you. But if a DM can't at least get an agent who knows how the benefits work (at a minimum) then what do we have to hope for anymore?

How many posts do we need to see about a PM/DM on A F/J ticket being denied a SDC because the right inventory isn't open, or same with RUC/GUC/SM ticket with a F/J ticket not being able to SDC because upgrade or skymiles inventory isnt open?!?!?

One shouldn't have to pay for knowledgable service on the highest published medallion tier line.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I’m just taking a jab at DL after the latest rounds of obscene comments to fall out of Ed’s trap.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Post deleted (different issue).

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 8, 2017 at 3:27 am
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:44 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Bump, just an anecdotal data point. I am traveling tomorrow, I had applied a RUC which cleared at booking and the ticket was reissued. Called in to do a SDC, the agent said "no problem." However, the ticket had to be re-reissued, which I wasn't aware of. No pushback at all, but it did take a while for her to get through to the reissue desk. She offered to call me back when it was complete, took about 10 minutes.

Also, FWIW, the certificate I used expired after the (first) reissue but before the travel date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.