FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Men’s Restroom in ATL B Sky Club is disgusting (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1870604-men-s-restroom-atl-b-sky-club-disgusting.html)

apodo77 Oct 6, 2017 7:10 am

Men’s Restroom in ATL B Sky Club is disgusting

Hadn’t been in B SC in a while. Landed about 6am.

Didn’t even look like they cleaned it overnight. Water everywhere, trash on the floor and the smell.

Guess this is not “some of the best real estate in the world” Mr. Bastian was referring to.

rbrewbaker Oct 6, 2017 7:42 am

Sadly this newest Sky Club has become my least favorite - was too crowded in all parts

SSF556 Oct 6, 2017 7:43 am

I avoid the B sky club like the plague.....always overcrowded, always out of silverware, always out of food, always a line to check in.....better off to go to another club....problem for me is that I always end up in B for my flights...

FlyingUnderTheRadar Oct 6, 2017 8:33 am

So 10 minutes later you posted the issue to FT. But before that did ya walk out and tell the lounge attendant that the bathroom need some attention?

KDCAflyer Oct 6, 2017 8:53 am

They really need to reopen one of the closed B clubs. Whichever end sees the most traffic.

Hoyaheel Oct 6, 2017 8:56 am

Originally Posted by apodo77 (Post 28900152)
Didn’t even look like they cleaned it overnight.

Not an excuse, but I know in my building (not an airport ;-) our housekeeping cleans in the morning. So if I'm in early for a call with overseas collaborators, our housekeeper often comes in to empty my trash. I hate that we have food (in the breakroom garbage, mostly, but some offices too) overnight as our building also has bugs and, new this year, mice. We complain, but housekeeping isn't 24 hrs so the early shift is the best they'll do....

Ysitincoach Oct 6, 2017 9:09 am

You should contact the managing director and SkyClub facilities managers for Delta.

AANYC1981 Oct 6, 2017 9:11 am

What is everyone’s favorite ATL SC out of curiosity? I’ll be there this weekend and now want to avoid B and have the time.

MrAndy1369 Oct 6, 2017 9:44 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 28900605)
What is everyone’s favorite ATL SC out of curiosity? I’ll be there this weekend and now want to avoid B and have the time.

I prefer the E SC all the way. Only con is that it's a bit out of the way if you're connecting at T/B/A.

apodo77 Oct 6, 2017 10:28 am

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar (Post 28900446)
So 10 minutes later you posted the issue to FT. But before that did ya walk out and tell the lounge attendant that the bathroom need some attention?

I did on my way out.
They were busy checking in at least 20 people in line and seemed none too interested in my feedback.

golfr Oct 6, 2017 10:52 am

ditto.

hockeystl Oct 6, 2017 12:38 pm

It feels like a warehouse with a bunch of hipster furnishings. Give me A Club since it offers a functional work space with a bit of privacy. Then again, I'm typically in the clubs to wrap up some business rather than get sauced at the bar.

BenA Oct 6, 2017 12:46 pm

On the other hand, kudos to Delta for the SEA A club bathrooms. Tons of capacity, and the most incredibly attentive and devoted bathroom attendants I’ve seen in my life: scraps of paper don’t last more than five minutes in this place. Walking in feels like going through a portal to a Singaporean shopping mall or five star hotel.

If only they could pull off this quality at all of the clubs... bathrooms are the #1 reason the club is valuable to me over the regular terminal.

RumPatrol Oct 6, 2017 12:48 pm

The water you were seeing was probably the same water that had been all over the floor and counter when I was there between 5-8pm yesterday. Not sure what they had in mind with the sink design.

I actually like the B SC more than most it seems, but yesterday was especially bad. I didn't even think it was that crowded relative to other times (no wait at all to check in) but they still couldn't keep clean silverware, bowls or plates replenished. Most of the times I went up to get food, there were no bowls and then once replenished, a lengthy line as people rushed to get food while they could and then they'd run out of food and the cycle would repeat. Getting drinks at the bar was quick and painless at least.

Went to B because I was connecting from A to C but had I known my flight would end up being delayed for wx, I'd have just trekked to E right off the bat.

Fly_Delta_Jets Oct 6, 2017 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 28900523)
They really need to reopen one of the closed B clubs. Whichever end sees the most traffic.

The B club space has already been reallocated. B10 was given back to the city for concessions and B25 is now an ACS admin area.