Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Air France to SEA 5x Weekly - Begins 3/25/2018

Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

Didn't see a thread here but figured this is good news for Seattle based Delta flyers (and other west coast cities that use SEA for connections to Europe). Air France will be launching 5x weekly service between CDG and SEA, supplementing DL's daily service on the route. Route will operate Sunday and Tuesday through Friday. Route will be operated with a 777-200. This also means we'll have Premium Economy service out of SEA to CDG without having to connect in another city served by Air France.

http://www.king5.com/mobile/article/...aris/480834047
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:21 pm

So long as AF has no "Comfort+" type product (no, not PE) and continues abysmal 3/4/3 configs this is garbage for economy fliers. As a Delta DM I get 0 benefits flying AF TATL (maybe an exit row seat if I book 8 years in advance, otherwise they're always full). Oh, and you have to transit CDG.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Yeah not sure how this is good news.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by DLATL777
For DL/ST flyers who want a W cabin, it's good news. If it's a BEST plane (aren't all 772s BEST now?), the J cabin is superior to DL (though only marginally if compared to the DL A330).

If you fly in Y, agree fly DL metal instead.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

Because it's additional service, not AF replacing DL between CDG and SEA. If you prefer DL, you can still fly the daily DL flight. And as I mentioned in my OP, it means we have a W cabin on SkyTeam that we can now use to connect onward to Europe. VS to LHR (okay not technically SkyTeam but a DL partner) doesn't provide European connections so while VS does have a W cabin, it's only an option if your final destination in Europe is London.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
It's only been 5.5 years since AF flew to SEA. They dropped the service on March 24, 2012 and DL took it over. I do wonder if DL is going to drop CDG again in favor of using the widebody on a different, new SEA route. That would be good news for DL fliers.

-RM
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
This news is a great welcome for AS members in the PNW.

I would bet DL members still prefer DL and welcome the additional flight option of AF. AF fliers, on the other hand, likely prefer flying EU carrier AF than to flying DL.

Jiburi
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I guess as a J flyer, I would much rather the DL A330 over the AF 777. I hate the AF seats (unless its the new product).
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Just to provide a point of information, all AF B772 are retrofitted with the new BEST cabins (with the Zodiac Cirrus seat).
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
It's the new AF J product which is very good. Was hoping for a late departure from SEA. I hate the timing of the DL flight. This new AF flight is better timed, but still not great.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:36 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I find the 4:30PM departure time perfect to connect to my intra-European AF flight. However, I wonder if the DL flight will stay given the extra capacity that 772 will bring to Seattle. For me it's a great development as after the DL/AS breakup I had to connect to AF via YVR for my trans-Atlantic flights.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I guess as a J flyer, I would much rather the DL A330 over the AF 777. I hate the AF seats (unless its the new product).
AF 777's are a great hard product.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:01 pm

The 5x weekly service is only during the peak summer season June 19 - September 2. It will only be 3x weekly (Su, We, Fr) during other periods according to the schedules and timings that have been released.
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...ervice-in-s18/

Weekly frequencies are very similar to the YVR ones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.