Search

Preferred seating for sky team elites

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:57 pm
a7m
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Preferred seating for sky team elites

My wife has the elite status from a sky team member airline. I am trying to figure out whether she can get preferred seating on delta domestic flights. So far one agent told me that she can’t. Delta website however says that she can: “Eligible passengers include . . . SkyTeam® Elite and SkyTeam Elite Plus members.” Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Are you thinking preferred seating, or Comfort+ seating?

With what SkyTeam carrier is your wife's status?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:24 pm
a7m
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Are you thinking preferred seating, or Comfort+ seating?

With what SkyTeam carrier is your wife's status?
Aeroflot. Just preferred seating. Not Comfort +
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:22 am

Flying Blue elite(+) here. I can select preferred seats on DL no problem (and I think I used to be able to when I was merely elite). I can't see why the same wouldn't hold for Aeroflot elites.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Flyingblue Silver here, Skyteam Elite. In order for the seats to open up and be selected, she'll need to enter in her Aeroflot FFN instead of a Skymiles number on the reservation. Once that's happened, she can select the preferred seats. After the seats have been selected, she can remove her Aeroflot FFN and reenter her Skymiles number, if desired.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:54 am
mk1

Programs: KE Morning Calm; AA Plat
SkyTeam Elite here as a KE Morning Calm Member. Up until a few months ago, I could select preferred seats (usually go for exit row) at will as long as my Skypass number was in there. Since then, I have had to call in.

If you have trouble with an agent, politely remind them it is a published benefit.

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...d-seating.html
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:01 pm
a7m
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mk1
SkyTeam Elite here as a KE Morning Calm Member. Up until a few months ago, I could select preferred seats (usually go for exit row) at will as long as my Skypass number was in there. Since then, I have had to call in.

If you have trouble with an agent, politely remind them it is a published benefit.

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...d-seating.html
Thanks! Looks like I'm not alone to experience this issue.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:04 pm
a7m
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Weean
Flying Blue elite(+) here. I can select preferred seats on DL no problem (and I think I used to be able to when I was merely elite). I can't see why the same wouldn't hold for Aeroflot elites.
Maybe because KLM AF and DL are close in terms of operation? It looks like Aeroflot is not the only ST airline to have this issue with DL now that I see a post from Korean airlines flyer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.