Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DM benefits on AM marketed, operated, and ticketed flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck

Friend and I are traveling on Aeromexico in the near future and I was wondering what benefits I have as a delta diamond. Companion is a skymiles member and we're on the same PNR. I thought I would get at least exit row seats for free but I'm unable to select any "preferred seats" without paying an extra fee.

Aeromexico's website has no information about Skyteam Elite/Elite Plus benefits. Delta's website doesn't mention anything about companions.

Any experience with AM and traveling with a companion?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I only have experience as a PM with no companion.
I was not able to get any benefits, no preferred seats or upgrades. I called AM and DL and they said "we can put you on the UG list", I never saw a list at the gate of online.
Maybe as a DM you will have better luck.
I was able to get into the AM lounge though.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:10 am

try the live chat feature on their website. haven't had any experience with a companion but their chat reps have always assigned me an AM+ seat without the extra fees as a delta gm.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:19 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by callaweii
try the live chat feature on their website. haven't had any experience with a companion but their chat reps have always assigned me an AM+ seat without the extra fees as a delta gm.
+1 My wife (GM) and I were assigned an AM+ seat using the online chat.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
So the chat feature wasn't working and I had called once and they told me I needed to wait for 72 hours before the flight to get AMPlus seating. I HUACA and now my companion and I are sitting in AM+, no charge to me. But the charge shows up on Aeromexico's website but my amount paid didn't change <- is that weird? will I have problems?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by berliner5000
So the chat feature wasn't working and I had called once and they told me I needed to wait for 72 hours before the flight to get AMPlus seating. I HUACA and now my companion and I are sitting in AM+, no charge to me. But the charge shows up on Aeromexico's website but my amount paid didn't change <- is that weird? will I have problems?
yes, i've flown 10x this year with AM and noticed that on my reservations as well but have never been charged. you shouldn't have any problems! the only issues I had with my seats this year was when there was an equipment change. you should have a shot to upgrade as well, just make sure you ask at check in to be put on the "list".
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:21 pm

I am a regular on the JFK-MEX route with both AM and DL, I am PM with DL. You can call AM and ask them to put you in AM+ Seats, I have never had a problem with that. For upgrades to J, you need to MAKE SURE you are on the AM Upgrade list upon check in, and be lucky after that. They still have a mess going on with the new DL/AM JV. Delta sees one system, Aeromex sees another, no one seems to understand why, still debating..
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt DIscoverist
Online chat got me seats in AM+. I'm flying JFK-MEX-SJD this weekend. Do I ask for the upgrade list in person, at the check in counter or the gate agent? I am a DL Plat traveling solo.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by bryan7007
Online chat got me seats in AM+. I'm flying JFK-MEX-SJD this weekend. Do I ask for the upgrade list in person, at the check in counter or the gate agent? I am a DL Plat traveling solo.
From jfk to mex, check-in will be handled by delta and the delta app will show the res. You'll automatically be placed on the upgrade list which should only show delta elites. This is viewable on the app but I would ask again at the gate to make sure they can see it. if you're lucky, it'll clear at the gate after AM elites.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by bryan7007
Delta's systems will show you are on the list, but it doesnt necessarily mean you are on Aeromexico's, they look at different stuff still, make sure WITH THE GATE AGENT that you are effectively on their list. It has happened to me that the DL App says I have been upgraded, while I am still sitting in the back!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Jsegui
Delta's systems will show you are on the list, but it doesnt necessarily mean you are on Aeromexico's, they look at different stuff still, make sure WITH THE GATE AGENT that you are effectively on their list. It has happened to me that the DL App says I have been upgraded, while I am still sitting in the back!
strange, I've seen it on the app flying from jfk and have always been given a new boarding pass. However, there has been instances on delta.com where it'll say "upgraded to first/business" but I ended up not.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:15 pm

strange, I've seen it on the app flying from jfk and have always been given a new boarding pass. However, there has been instances on delta.com where it'll say "upgraded to first/business" but I ended up not.
Yeah same thing has happened to me, this early stages of the JV are a mess
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
I fly every month from IAH-MEX on AM as DL DM. I agree that online chat option is easiest and best. It's not always available but keep trying. The phone reps give a different answer every time so it's not worth the effort. You are eligible for 1 checked bag (as elite from US-MEXICO) and to be put on the upgrade list when you check in. I agree, make sure you are put on the list and confirm with the gate.

As with anything south of the border, rules are just 'guidelines' but even in coach you get basically the same drink selection and a snack.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt DIscoverist
If I booked with AM is there a way to get the res to show up on the delta app? Doesn't seem to be working with the tix no or the pnr
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: SW CC, DL PM
Anyone have luck with upgrades outside of US-MEX routes? I'm a PM on Delta and I'm traveling ORD->MEX->EZE. I believe I'm eligible for upgrades on ORD->MEX but MEX->EZE seems like a stretch. I figure I'll make a case for it when I get to MEX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.