Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

When was the last time your status was acknowledged by a FA in the “main cabin”?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When was the last time your status was acknowledged by a FA in the “main cabin”?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Maybe it was your status, but it could've also been pity. That's an awful seat.
I'm surprised that there was any Woodford left.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:01 am

Flight two days ago from ATL-SEA in FC, the FA wrote out thank you notes to the medallions on the Delta Thank you postcards.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:02 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Earlier this year I had a JFK-CDG flight in Comfort+. Right after takeoff, the purser came to my seat to thank me for my business and to let me know that if there was anything I needed, the crew was there. I took this opportunity to ask for the chicken salad (which goes away very fast), which I got.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Last week, from LAX to ATL, while handing my my two bags of almonds.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
They thank me so often for being a DM and MM, it's really embarrassing. I'm probably wrong but it seems like it happens on every flight, certainly in Delta One. On my last flight in C+, the FA said "Mr. *****, thank you for being a Diamond Medallion member and a million miler. We appreciate your business and loyalty. If there's anything I can do to make your flight more comfortable, don't hesitate to call on me.". It's a bit strange because she walked by several rows straight up to me. Weren't there other DMs in the cabin? BTW, this was an international flight so it's not like I was the unlucky sole who missed out on an upgrade.
Agreed it happens a bit too often. My mother always jokes with me now. She calls me Mr. FlyerCO after flying with me a couple of times. She noted they always said thank you Mr. FlyerCO but never thank you Mama FlyerCO.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Maybe it was your status, but it could've also been pity. That's an awful seat.
I will say that I find it not too uncommon to get pity free drinks.

I have no airline status, but twice in the last 2 years when I have had a middle seat near crying babies, I asked for wine and the FA refused to take my credit card. (I think both flights might have been AA though). Funny thing, is the crying babies don't bother me much, I just have a hankering for a dry cab on the way home after a long week of business travel. As much as airline service may feel dead at times, a few courtesies go a long ways.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Never on board a Delta flight but on a partner carrier in Europe they came up to us, thanked us and moved us up front twice. Unexpected and very nice.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:11 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by banness
Never on board a Delta flight but on a partner carrier in Europe they came up to us, thanked us and moved us up front twice. Unexpected and very nice.
What carrier?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Diamond (Aspire)
Yesterday night, flying ATL-PVD, at the end of the flight, the attendant stood in front of the EC+ section and yelled at the back cabin thanking everyone for their loyalty... after which she walked through the FC cabin and stopped at each seat to personally thank each flyer. It was quite humorous.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:00 pm

It seems to regularly happen on DL. I though it was the MM status that they are trained to recognize. I would say about 40% of international and 25% of domestic.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
what is this "Main Cabin" of which you speak?

seriously ... I can't recall a FA in other than F/D1 acknowledging my status, but GAs have done so a few times when I've been boarding in C+

frankly, I'd rather they comment on MM than PM
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: Skyteam
Only on international flights. I can't recall during domestic flights.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA Gold MM, Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, Hertz PC
Yesterday, flying Atl to Den. They FA came up and thanked me before the drink service. I was in C+
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:44 am

I get so sick of it. Plus, my name isn't easy to pronounce, and they're always making an issue of it...please, I don't want anyone around me to A-know my name, B-know I shouldn't be in the main cabin, C-tell my wife where I'm going.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta PM MM. Marriott LTP. Hilton Gold
My wife and I were flying KE from ICN-DPS in economy. She is Gold and I am Platinum. Before departure, the a FA approached our seats, thanked us for our loyalty, explained the flight path and duration, and that we shouldn't hesitate to ask if we need anything.

I have never experienced that on DL in economy let alone in economy on a partner airline. As we were in economy for the duration of our trip our tired minds didn't quite comprehend what was going on at the time so we thought something was wrong when she first approached us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.