Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not even C+ for Gold!!! Screw Delta

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Grogs
- Book early and pick an exit row seat, then you have a seat with more legroom than most C+ seats. Other than drinks/snack basket on longer flights it's just as good or better than C+

- My last flight ATL-TYS on a CR9 had 22 on the F upgrade list after it was cleared, so over 1/3 of the Y/C+ pax were UG eligible medallions.
My last few CRJ9 flights have been elite-packed lately. 25 on the list is the record. Lots of FOs and GMs though since I cleared at #4 with 4 remaining.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LBJ
For every route except TATL, they are upgrades. DM/PM C+ upgrade windows open at booking, GM at 3 days, and SM at 1 day. Not quite clear to me if OP's window just opened (which would mean we are 3 days out from flight), or if he posting from the plane. Sunday is considered a business travel day (although Sunday morning is generally somewhat lighter for biz travelers as they typically want to fly later in the day).
That really sucks, that is one hell of a devaluation by not being able to just pick a seat at booking. Last time i flew Delta, I think DM, PM and GM could do that and FO had to wait till T-24 or something. WOW
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Absolutely pissed to high hell.

I strategically booked a large plane from ATL with 40+ lie flat seats. A month out half were empty and C+ is less than 30% full.

Forward to this week. Only 4 pax cleared first class upgrade and 1 pax cleared C+. As a gold I am sitting at the damn crap economy seats. This is truly unacceptable.

First I am not traveling on a business traveler day.

Second I always get C+ upgrade even when I was SPG crossover status.

Where the hell did all the FC and C+ customers come from?!? This is truly unacceptable!!!
So you played the upgrade game and you lost.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by puddinhead
I'm a plat and sitting in main cabin on 2 flights tomorrow. Only middle seats open on one leg. I bought the ticket a week out.

There isn't an upgrade list for FC or C+ as there are no seats. Maybe I'll get lucky and I can VFB to a later flight with more seats.
Why are there no upgrade lists? You can request an upgrade even if the FC cabin is full. The same should be true for C+ "upgrades."
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Posted to the wrong thread. This can be deleted.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
That really sucks, that is one hell of a devaluation by not being able to just pick a seat at booking. Last time i flew Delta, I think DM, PM and GM could do that and FO had to wait till T-24 or something. WOW
GM window has been 3 days for quite some time now. Even going back to EC days when it was not a separate class of service.

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 1, 2017 at 1:23 pm
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AVIS Preferred Plus
Possibly Delta reduced the number of medallion upgrades and selling it as revenue seats?
I was travelling SEA to ATL and I requested RUC FC upgrade. I was # 1 is the list but never got it even though it showed a seat vacant. Interestingly, when I searched to buy a ticket for the same flight, it showed two FC seats available for purchase. My guess is Delta sold these tickets instead of RUC.. Best approach I find is to reduce my expectation.

Last edited by Love_Travel; Oct 1, 2017 at 1:26 pm
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by WWads
My last few CRJ9 flights have been elite-packed lately. 25 on the list is the record. Lots of FOs and GMs though since I cleared at #4 with 4 remaining.
I was a bit surprised since Knoxville isn't exactly a business hub. It was a Thursday evening trip and we had a home football game Saturday (ouch) so there could have been people coming into town for that.

I wasn't on the UG list because I came in on an AF flight and DL wasn't even able to print me a boarding pass, so I couldn't get an estimation of how the list was distributed. I did hear a couple of presumably DMs complaining that they were skipped because the GA called rows 1-4, and then went straight to Sky for boarding.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:39 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bergamini
. . . . he was 6'3" and I told them to pay for the C+ UG, which they did.
I think the US government should look into this as discrimination!

Why should a tall pax be charged extra so he/she can fit their knees in - without being wedged in! It's certainly not their fault that they were born tall! This is OUTRAGEOUS!!! Every plane should be REQUIRED to have seats with assorted amounts of leg room, that should be strictly allocated based on the height listed on your driver's license!
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
I think the US government should look into this as discrimination!

Why should a tall pax be charged extra so he/she can fit their knees in - without being wedged in! It's certainly not their fault that they were born tall! This is OUTRAGEOUS!!! Every plane should be REQUIRED to have seats with assorted amounts of leg room, that should be strictly allocated based on the height listed on your driver's license!
Are you trying to cause the average height of drivers in the USA to suddenly rise dramatically? You do realize, don't you, that this will make cars much more expensive as the regulators insist that there be more space between the driver's seat and the gas pedal?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OP not coming back. Can we lock this up?
Wow, he only has 4 hours to respond to the pile-on? SMH.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Absolutely pissed to high hell.

I strategically booked a large plane from ATL with 40+ lie flat seats. A month out half were empty and C+ is less than 30% full.

Forward to this week. Only 4 pax cleared first class upgrade and 1 pax cleared C+. As a gold I am sitting at the damn crap economy seats. This is truly unacceptable.

First I am not traveling on a business traveler day.

Second I always get C+ upgrade even when I was SPG crossover status.

Where the hell did all the FC and C+ customers come from?!? This is truly unacceptable!!!
FWIW, a 50k flyer on AA can book "Main Cabin Extra" seats for free at booking. You won't get a fancy snack basket or free booze though but I suspect that's not what's got your knickers in a knot.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Wow, he only has 4 hours to respond to the pile-on? SMH.
This sort of thing is really familiar. Someone drops in with a ridiculous complaint, then bails. Not much of substance gets done in these threads.
KENNECTED likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This sort of thing is really familiar. Someone drops in with a ridiculous complaint, then bails. Not much of substance gets done in these threads.
I don't disagree, but give the guy 24 hours at least. Not everybody lives on this site.
Anyway, it's ultimately up to the moderators, and you're free to submit your closure request to them via the red exclamation mark.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:27 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why are there no upgrade lists? You can request an upgrade even if the FC cabin is full. The same should be true for C+ "upgrades."
I've selected both but no names appear on the second leg. First time I've seen that.

Really long standby list on the second leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.