Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX-KOA round trip - aircraft type - flat bed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JPrivilege, DL, UA, JAL, ANA, Krisflyer, Korean, AsiaMiles, BA, AA, EY, EK, Virgin, avianca, Iberia

Hi,

Does delta only fly 757s from LAX to KOA with domestic first or are there any flat beds from LAX to KOA on Delta? Any other airline?

If its the 757s, do they have the new upgraded domestic first class with personal video etc?

Also, I cannot take a stop over in HNL on the way to KOA (I am aware of the flat bed service to HNL).
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
757 will be domestic version, no flatbed.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by vivek314
Hi,

Does delta only fly 757s from LAX to KOA with domestic first or are there any flat beds from LAX to KOA on Delta? Any other airline?

If its the 757s, do they have the new upgraded domestic first class with personal video etc?

Also, I cannot take a stop over in HNL on the way to KOA (I am aware of the flat bed service to HNL).
1) I’ve never seen a 75S do LAX-KOA, currently on a 739 but switches to a 75H sometime soon. Not aware of any other airline that does either.

2) All of the 757s that fly to HI have all been updated with IFE and new seats.

3) Is there any specific reason that you can’t stop over in HNL?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
1) I’ve never seen a 75S do LAX-KOA, currently on a 739 but switches to a 75H sometime soon. Not aware of any other airline that does either.

Not sure why anyone would want to experience HA when there is a nonstop option available.
rogo likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Not sure why anyone would want to experience HA when there is a nonstop option available.
I was just curious as to why the OP can’t stopover in HNL.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
There's also the 737-900's as well from LAX to KOA. Same seats but missing the middle restroom piece.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

#2 is horrible news to some.
My current legroom on 5A is atrocious for a F seat.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: JPrivilege, DL, UA, JAL, ANA, Krisflyer, Korean, AsiaMiles, BA, AA, EY, EK, Virgin, avianca, Iberia
Originally Posted by WWads

Yes. I prefer to fly non stop esp as I'm traveling with family and kids. No reason to go to HNL and we have limited days, so non stop is the preferred option.

I got the F seats for just around £250 extra for rtn flights per person as it's on a code share with my intl Virgin Atlantic flight from LHR so I'm not too fussed. 5 hr day time flight with no flat bed is OK I guess given its at economy ticket prices
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
For complex itineraries like this from LHR - KOA, I'd definitely consult the "Where we fly" map on the website (link: http://dl.fltmaps.com/en)

This will help show that out of KOA Delta flies to Seattle and LAX,but it looks like the Seattle flight is only on Saturday's with the LAX flight running Daily.

Unfortunately it looks like both the LAX and SEA flights are running with the lousy 757 configuration, no flat beds and 3 rows of C+ in the FC cabin. I checked American and United and it looks like they all are only flying the 757, 737 or 321 into KOA, no widebodies unless you want to connect in HNL.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Bumping this to see whether anything has changed since 2017. I see DL pricing significantly higher than other flights LAX-KOA. Is this a demonstrably better first class experience on this route ?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
UA flies the 752 with lie-flats to KOA but requires a connection in DEN which defeats the purpose if flying on a VS/DL itinerary that puts you ex-LAX since it would require you to go on UA with the LHR - DEN flight
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by thewhitezone
Bumping this to see whether anything has changed since 2017. I see DL pricing significantly higher than other flights LAX-KOA. Is this a demonstrably better first class experience on this route ?
Not at all, just standard domestic FC. Last summer, DL was using the 739 on this route, not sure if this is going to be the case again this year or not.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by thewhitezone
Delta only has one flight a day from LAX to Hawaii that has layflats and that's to HNL. The rest is the standard domestic first class experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.