FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Will Delta miss me or is this a parting gift? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1869406-will-delta-miss-me-parting-gift.html)

TheMadBrewer Sep 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Will Delta miss me or is this a parting gift?

Got a notice from UPS that a 2nd Day Air package was going to be delivered today from a company I never heard of.

Turns out it was a pair of "Delta Medallion" LSTN Troubadour wireless headphones and a signed "Thank you for being a Diamond Medallion" card.

Unexpected, as I got the "you won't be Diamond anymore" version of the email yesterday.

I've got a TATL trip coming up in a couple of weeks (and lots of train travel once there) so I guess I'll give them a good workout.

I do thank Delta for the gift (even if my post is a bit snarky). First one I've received.

Mwenenzi Sep 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer (Post 28871842)
..I do thank Delta for the gift (even if my post is a bit snarky). First one I've received.

A computer was programmed to send you a gift. The DL computer will not care if you do or do not reply. You are just 1 of thousands.

FirstInFlight Sep 28, 2017 9:26 pm

I must be on the lump of coal list. Oh well. Congrats on making some sort of special list at Delta HQ.

dinanm3atl Sep 28, 2017 10:37 pm

Interested as I saw some stories about this. Some PMs got it too...

Maybe they were delayed so they didn't hit pre-upgrade to the program.

aquamarinesteph Sep 28, 2017 11:56 pm

I will never have any of these things, but it is always interesting to read about them! :-)

nichojo Sep 29, 2017 12:33 am

Was diamond for two years and barely even ever got an upgrade. Let alone a gift.

AANYC1981 Sep 29, 2017 1:40 am

Originally Posted by nichojo (Post 28872269)
Was diamond for two years and barely even ever got an upgrade. Let alone a gift.

LOL

Renes Points Sep 29, 2017 5:58 am

Originally Posted by nichojo (Post 28872269)

Silly '- the CEO does not want you to ever get an upgrade (other than C+ that is) See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-upgrades.html

jamesteroh Sep 29, 2017 7:53 am

Nada here and fourth year diamond. But I only do about 100K BIS miles a year and have always used AmEx for the MQD waiver.

This is a nice gift though

Spent_All_My_Miles Sep 29, 2017 8:55 am

I also received the headphones today (or possibly yesterday).
I have been Platinum 10+ years but never Diamond, and I hit 1 MM this year.
Edit: By coincidence, I requalified my Platinum status for 2018 just a day or two ago.

Card reads:

Outside:
Loyalty Matters. Thank you for being a Medallion member
[photo of a plane - maybe a A350? I assume that they would have used a B747 photo, if this was a few years ago]

Inside:
Dear Spent_All_My_Miles,
You have a choice when it comes to travel, so we want to sincerely thank you for your loyalty as a Platinum Medallion Member.

In appreciation of your loyalty, we hope you enjoy these custom LSTN headphones designed especially for you. Launched in July, you'll now find LSTN headphones on board Delta flights in select cabins, so you can experience incredible sound quality when you fly.

We'll keep LSTN-ing and working hard to make sure you enjoy an elite travel experience and the recognition you deserve as a #DeltaMedallion .

Thank you for being part of the Medallion family.

The Delta SkyMiles Team

A casual web search suggests that the MSRP may be $149.

Edit 2: The return address is Atlanta, on Perimeter Road.

vincentharris Sep 29, 2017 9:17 am

THIS.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LSTN-Delta-O...UAAOSwOsBZpPIt

right here is why we cant have nice things..

If people keep stealing crap from planes they will replace it with crap. All the people wanting to know what happened to the FC Westin "heavenly" blankets? Well there are only a finite amount of things and when they are gone they are gone.

(note: I went to eBay curious if anyone listed those headphones they got from UPS in the mail on eBay already and found that listing)

bergamini Sep 29, 2017 9:39 am

IDK, I think VS kind of enjoys the fact that people steal their S&P shakers. It adds some cachet. The things they care about they make sure to inventory and if a few make it out, they make it out. DL is paying not as much as you'd think for these.

I can handle people getting Porsche transfers, and lie flats, and hand-written notes and all kinds of things because they are more valuable to DL than me. But for some reason I really want them to send me a gift in the mail, LOL, IDK why.

anon2k2 Sep 29, 2017 9:54 am

Originally Posted by bergamini (Post 28873690)
IDK, I think VS kind of enjoys the fact that people steal their S&P shakers.

During the last flights of the Concorde people were taking anything that wasn't bolted down. It was incredible all the stuff that was on E-Bay.

My only Concorde flight was many years earlier, and while I was tempted to take one of the cutlery items (marked with a C on the handle and the BA logo on back) I refrained.

TheMadBrewer Sep 29, 2017 11:16 am

Originally Posted by vincentharris (Post 28873579)
THIS.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LSTN-Delta-O...UAAOSwOsBZpPIt

right here is why we cant have nice things..

If people keep stealing crap from planes they will replace it with crap. All the people wanting to know what happened to the FC Westin "heavenly" blankets? Well there are only a finite amount of things and when they are gone they are gone.

(note: I went to eBay curious if anyone listed those headphones they got from UPS in the mail on eBay already and found that listing)

I'm not sure, are you saying you think these headphones were stolen?

I did have an image of me wearing the headphones as I exited the plane and an FA accusing me of stealing them :)

But they are different, not only the plug but on mine the cups don't rotate (I wish they did, they'd be better for traveling) and mine don't say "LSTN Inflight." Mine also have "#DeltaMedallion" embossed on the headband.

C W Sep 29, 2017 11:16 am

Have any non-US based Medallions received these?