Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will Delta miss me or is this a parting gift?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Delta miss me or is this a parting gift?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by vincentharris
THIS.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LSTN-Delta-O...UAAOSwOsBZpPIt

right here is why we cant have nice things..

If people keep stealing crap from planes they will replace it with crap. All the people wanting to know what happened to the FC Westin "heavenly" blankets? Well there are only a finite amount of things and when they are gone they are gone.

(note: I went to eBay curious if anyone listed those headphones they got from UPS in the mail on eBay already and found that listing)
I'm surprised the FA's aren't required to collect the headseats just before landing and make sure they are all accounted for (and if someone is watching the IFE just give them a pair of the cheap ones they hand out in economy for the last 15 minutes).

Not sure why anyone would steal them anyway since they are two prong and I've never seen a single prong to two prong adapter before.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: HHDIA, SPG PLAT, DLDIA
Smile LSTN Wireless Headset Gift

Diamond, MM using Delta Reserve card. Got my gift on Wednesday and was blown away. Last December I got a food gift as well. Thanks Delta!!
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:23 pm

Weird. I have gotten nothing from delta and I have been diamond for 10 years.

I guess there is some sort of algorithm that says who is and is not important. More importantly, apparently I am not important enough to warrant that type of thing.

It won't hurt my feelings though. I am at peace with the free agent roll I will now play as I travel. I will be that guy with no status who pushes all the diamonds out of first by buying the upgrade for $150 at the window.

One thing I have noticed as I transition to free agent - my travel costs are WAY down. when I focused on fare and class of service instead of airline I noticed that my airfare spend dropped in half. Now I don't spend near the time in first class anymore but to be honest if I paid for first class every time I flew I would still come out ahead.

Is delta really that expensive? To be 50% more for the same travel seems outrageous.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
Weird. I have gotten nothing from delta and I have been diamond for 10 years:
Diamond was introduced in 2009... but my sentiments exactly
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:33 pm

Not me

Diamond 4 of the last 5 years, done with flying rather than Amex, and I've never received a gift.

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Got a notice from UPS that a 2nd Day Air package was going to be delivered today from a company I never heard of.

Turns out it was a pair of "Delta Medallion" LSTN Troubadour wireless headphones and a signed "Thank you for being a Diamond Medallion" card.

Unexpected, as I got the "you won't be Diamond anymore" version of the email yesterday.

I've got a TATL trip coming up in a couple of weeks (and lots of train travel once there) so I guess I'll give them a good workout.

I do thank Delta for the gift (even if my post is a bit snarky). First one I've received.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Revived a pair yesterday in the mail. They actually look nicer than the ones in the D1 cabin.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond, MAR&HLT Gold, Wyndham Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
PM. Just received one.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shukar
Diamond was introduced in 2009... but my sentiments exactly
No headphones for me!

I'm sure there is some kind of algorithm that they are using to send these items. Kinda of wish I knew what was the trigger, but then it would be like the latest improvement of upgrades, knowing that you definitely aren't getting the upgrade....

Made platinum on Delta ~ 23 years ago and have never dropped below that. Was Platinum on both NW and DL for the three years prior to the merger, and Diamond every year except one since, when I took some off and became platinum. (Boy, was that a mistake). 3.42 Million miles I have always wanted to get to the 4 Million level to gain lifetime "annual" Platinum, but that carrot is now quite rotted as compared to what it once delivered.

Gifts:
1 Million Miles: Pen and Pencil Set (and stationary emblazoned with the Million Miler logo)
2 Million Miles: Hartman Luggage
3 Million Miles: Hartman Luggage
In a combo of Delta and Amex - a ipod nano
A very nice million miler "silver" bag tag from Tiffany's
And lastly, a gift basket from DL Corporate 20 years ago after a very bad flight experience
oh, and 1, and only one time being picked up at the gate in a Porsche.

As we all know or at least assume, it is really coming down to how much money you send to Delta. The recent "change" to the Amex MQD waiver is indicative of this. I can guess that the current MQD spend of $15K will be going up in the future too...
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
Clearly Delta will not miss me as I am seemingly not worthy of a parting gift. I, however, just purchased my first UA flight in more than 10 years so maybe that is my parting gift to Delta.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by 123Go
PM. Just received one.
I received a wireless, noise-canceling rock.

David
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I've never seen a single prong to two prong adapter before.
You haven't been paying attention. For quite a while all the headsets that DL handed out on planes had one in the package. I've probably got a half dozen in a drawer somewhere.
DL-Don likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Howste
You haven't been paying attention. For quite a while all the headsets that DL handed out on planes had one in the package. I've probably got a half dozen in a drawer somewhere.
He meant an adaptor to convert from the two prong connector on the D1 headphones to a single prong for use with standard single prong devices. The adaptor in the packages only convert in one direction (from single prong headphones connectors to airplane dual prong jacks).
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
No headphones for me!
Nothing here either, but I am sure that I am not on their Christmas card list. I have never received anything "out of the blue" from DL, so not holding any breath. I was PLAT for 5 years prior to DM and have been DM every year and qualified for DM for next year in April on MQD (rollover is near 500K). Less than 60K to 2MM and haven't stepped foot on a DL plane in 2 months.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by LBJ
He meant an adaptor to convert from the two prong connector on the D1 headphones to a single prong for use with standard single prong devices. The adaptor in the packages only convert in one direction (from single prong headphones connectors to airplane dual prong jacks).
Exactly. I have them from DL.

Actually they have provided both. For a while when DL was converting the jacks on planes there were aircraft in the fleet that had one or the other, so they provided earphones with one type and an adapter for the other. I believe the over-the-ear headphones (with the clip that holds them on your ear) had the two-prong plugs and the adapter to the single plug. Later the in-ear buds had them the other way (single prong to dual) adapter.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Howste
Exactly. I have them from DL.

Actually they have provided both. For a while when DL was converting the jacks on planes there were aircraft in the fleet that had one or the other, so they provided earphones with one type and an adapter for the other. I believe the over-the-ear headphones (with the clip that holds them on your ear) had the two-prong plugs and the adapter to the single plug. Later the in-ear buds had them the other way (single prong to dual) adapter.
I'd add that I think the jacks in D1 are different than standard dual-prong jacks as one may provide power to the NC headphones. The coach dual prong jacks don't have a power feed (they are just separate right and left channels).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.