Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why won't Delta offer Diamonds a free cocktail or beer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why won't Delta offer Diamonds a free cocktail or beer?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Here is what confuses me: If you all are traveling that much it must be for work, so can't you just charge the drink to your per diem or however your employer does it? Or does your employer not allow this?
Personally, I get a fixed per diem, so no receipts needed. I also fly FC, so this only applies to me when flying RJ145.

So paying $8 for a drink and $12 for a snack box really would never fit into my personal plans, but if I was given those for free, I typically won't refuse.

I also don't typically drink, so I rarely take up that offer. Once in a blue moon if I don't have to drive when I land I might get a wine or a beer, but it is very rare.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: HHDIA, SPG PLAT, DLDIA
Smile Have you checked your wallet?

Originally Posted by apodo77
After my $750 last minute ticket where C+ was full and my Plat colleague got an upgrade over 13 others on the list a free cocktail would be a nice customer service gesture.

Guess the bottom line is more important.
I found my drink coupons in my wallet. Not sure when they went electronic for me but they are in there.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
I have been DM since its introduction (and have doubled DM'd several years)and the luster of being DM becomes more dull each day. This is a small gesture that other airlines do and it has been suggested by others including me on other threads. From my point of view DL does not want a loyal FF base, if they did, they would actually hear from their "valued" FFs.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bergamini
My drink coupons are always expiring now that they give free booze in C+. I have some I can mail you if you'd like as well (SkyBonus redemption and expire in December).
Yep- On all of my flights to/from atlanta, I've cleared into C+ at least 24 hours before the flight. Only times I've missed were when I had no status. Monday-Thursday traveler, usually booked less than 2 weeks in advance. Never been moved to a middle seat, either. But I guess DL just likes me *whistles*
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by SYRRDU
I have been DM since its introduction (and have doubled DM'd several years)and the luster of being DM becomes more dull each day. This is a small gesture that other airlines do and it has been suggested by others including me on other threads. From my point of view DL does not want a loyal FF base, if they did, they would actually hear from their "valued" FFs.
My belief is that DL does not actually want most DMs. What DL want is PAX striving to make SM, GM, PM or DM as that skews the PAX ticket purchasing decisions towards DL.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
My drink "coupons" disappeared from my Delta app.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond. LT SkyClub, AGR, passport
Free Drinks for Everyone :)

Originally Posted by ND76
I haven't used a drink coupon for many years, yes I have the digital ones too (usually give them away.) Just never had a concern getting a drink from a FA or even getting one for another person. There is not much offering of FREE at the SkyClubs, especially if you are a bourbon fan.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Am I the only person who reads this board wondering about the correlation between DM and alcoholism? We seem to have an inordinate amount of whining/suggestions revolving around "free drinks" LOL!
Yes.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I haven't used a drink voucher in many years also and I ended up in the back of the bus when I SDCd a flight a few weeks ago to get home many hours early. I attempted to use 2 vouchers for a double Woodford but the FA was having issues scanning them on my phone. She gave up, typed a couple of things on her phone/reader and I noticed it said something like "Diamond Complementary" or something similar. It was a redeye out of LAS and I actually fell asleep with the one drink. The vouchers never left my wallet until they expired last week. I still have 8 more in there.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by yohanson
I haven't used a drink voucher in many years also and I ended up in the back of the bus when I SDCd a flight a few weeks ago to get home many hours early. I attempted to use 2 vouchers for a double Woodford but the FA was having issues scanning them on my phone. She gave up, typed a couple of things on her phone/reader and I noticed it said something like "Diamond Complementary" or something similar. It was a redeye out of LAS and I actually fell asleep with the one drink. The vouchers never left my wallet until they expired last week. I still have 8 more in there.
Shouldn't they expire around February 1? Also, how did you get so many drink vouchers in your account? I get only four only four per year and have never managed to use all four.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
AA offers this to CK/EXP no matter where you sit...shouldn't be that complicated for DL.....but then again DL is still struggling to make a meal pre-order happen domestically.
And UA also offers this to their 1K. Seeing DL requires 25K more miles for top tier than UA or AA they should offer this to Diamonds.

I wish they would also offer premium snacks like a fresh sandwich or fruit plate on long hauls to Diamonds like AA does to their EP's.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Shouldn't they expire around February 1? Also, how did you get so many drink vouchers in your account? I get only four only four per year and have never managed to use all four.
Four of mine expire February 2, 2018 and four expire May 10, 2018.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Here is what confuses me: If you all are traveling that much it must be for work, so can't you just charge the drink to your per diem or however your employer does it? Or does your employer not allow this?
In my case we get a per diem, but I would rather spend that on real food at a real restaurant and not at a snack on a plane. Some companies do not allow you to expense liquor, or only allow it if it is part of a meal. Companies have all sorts of fun (read that stupid) policies. I worked at one where you couldn't expense Lunch. Brunch yes, Lunch no.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ND76
Yeah, that's what happens when you order drinks...lol
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
My belief is that DL does not actually want most DMs. What DL want is PAX striving to make SM, GM, PM or DM as that skews the PAX ticket purchasing decisions towards DL.
Ed Bastian doesn't want DMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.