Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Platinum member and #13 on the upgrade list got a F seat

Platinum member and #13 on the upgrade list got a F seat

Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I think what @flyerslc is saying is that DL has trained me using many of the same methods with which I trained my Sheltie.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:07 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bergamini
I think what @flyerslc is saying is that DL has trained me using many of the same methods with which I trained my Sheltie.
Of course. I should've added a ""

Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Bad Dog!
bergamini likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Of course...you didn't take the time when you two boarded to question the GA about the discrepancy. You just decided to wait and complain on FT.
Sorry if my thread disappointed you.
As an FYI said colleague was my boss. I certainly wasnt going to complain about his upgrade. Haha
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by davetravels
So, we've gone from being ham sandwiches - to animals - to organisms!
Well, this is a step up the evolutionary scale - some degree of autonomy is now being implied.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerslc
Well, this is a step up the evolutionary scale - some degree of autonomy is now being implied.
Aren't animals above organisms?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:25 am

Id go for a random upgrade. Im zero for 60 segments this year as a PM. Only times upfront have been using my RUC and a few paid delta one international flights.

Grumble grumble.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:36 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Bad Dog!
I guess the equivalent with Delta is . . . .

"You're a GAMER!!!"

Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DiverDave
The GA mistook him for a Non-Rev?

David
Had a flight the other day where the GA Asked me if I was a pilot, It just so happens that I am but not an atp airline pilot, So I answered yes, .... My upgrade cleared, now I'm only a GM So I don't see a lot of them clearing for me, Also I had a lap infant on that flight And I cleared into 1A on a CR7. The FA Had to move us Because you have to be on the right hand side of the plane For there to be enough oxygen masks. Funny situation all around.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by AceReport
Had a flight the other day where the GA Asked me if I was a pilot, It just so happens that I am but not an atp airline pilot, So I answered yes, .... My upgrade cleared, now I'm only a GM So I don't see a lot of them clearing for me, Also I had a lap infant on that flight And I cleared into 1A on a CR7. The FA Had to move us Because you have to be on the right hand side of the plane For there to be enough oxygen masks. Funny situation all around.
Where were you on the upgrade list? This sounds like Shenanigans to me as I don't think the GA was about to upgrade you into a jumpseat.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Peatisback
Has it been a while since he has had an upgrade?

As I recall DL management has said they have the ability to upgrade someone who hasn't had an upgrade in a while, and out of order from the upgrade list.
Hmm. Recently got DL Gold due to corporate status match. (Also was screwed during the April meltdown--as non-elite--but financially compensated so not sure if that had any bearing). First flight as GM (LGA-FLL/PBI) and me and my companion got upgraded right at T-72h. Of course on the return flight we were waaay down the list. Could definitely believe there was manual intervention.

Last edited by ijgordon; Oct 1, 2017 at 2:06 pm
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, I've flown 5 segments this year in Y when I was on paid F tickets, due to IROPS. Twice, F left empty. You (at least me) learn to get over being slighted pretty quickly because there's always next week and always that D1 trip to Bali/Australia that you are stockpiling for. I'm sure this makes me a lemming!
Yes, you are a lemming. You should be stockpiling AA miles so you can fly to Bali in Cathay FIRST class.
bergamini likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
We seem to be getting a lot upgrade complaints here lately. Whether it be not getting one at all or thinking the list went out of order, etc. I guess Delta broke me a couple of years earlier than most of you. I'm gold but I certainly don't try for it. I book nothing less than C+ and most of the time I find a good GAP fare. I also have a paid sky club membership. Life is much easier not playing the upgrade game.
AceReport likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by davetravels
So, we've gone from being ham sandwiches - to animals - to organisms!
I'd suggest that we've gone from being ham sandwiches to being frogs in a pot of water, and every "enhancement" that DL makes to the program turns up the heat on the burner just a bit higher

some frogs have (or at least claim to have) the strength to jump out of the pot, but it seems that far more are willing to simmer a while longer
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Where were you on the upgrade list? This sounds like Shenanigans to me as I don't think the GA was about to upgrade you into a jumpseat.
I didn't look. Being GM whats the point in checking?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.