FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Diamond boarding pass shows sky zone (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1869264-diamond-boarding-pass-shows-sky-zone.html)

southernmom Sep 28, 2017 5:50 am

Diamond boarding pass shows sky zone

boarding in pbi this morning and my zone is listed as sky. I did not clear the upgrade list. The man in line behind me is diamond and his bp also showed sky vs premium. Does anyone know why? Thanks.

LonghaulCommuter Sep 28, 2017 6:35 am

Maybe it's an instant devaluation if you obtained Diamond using the credit card waiver and spent less than $250,000.

rylan Sep 28, 2017 6:43 am

Seen a few other reports of this too... no idea why/what happened. Most probable is a bug in the system.

rylan Sep 28, 2017 6:44 am

Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter (Post 28868675)
Maybe it's an instant devaluation if you obtained Diamond using the credit card waiver and spent less than $250,000.

Bazinga!

vincentharris Sep 28, 2017 9:37 am

Did you spend $500K with DL last month? If not then its an "enhancement" :)

DLDiamond2013 Sep 28, 2017 10:51 am

Were you traveling alone or with companions on the same itinerary? I've seen reports where Diamonds traveling with companions (of lower or no status) ticketed on the same itinerary do not get the PREM boarding zone. Whether that's a glitch or intentional, I'm not sure.

Orange County Commuter Sep 28, 2017 11:08 am

Actually I really wish it would stick. Allowing the DM on with the First/Business cabin just adds to the gate lice effect (yes, you too are Gate Lice if you start circling and posing well before boarding so you can be "first on the plane" for the prize, what the prize is I don't know as I have never bothered to play the game LOL!)

Maybe Delta should go with a new boarding scheme "Premium Cabin" "Unhappy they weren't upgraded" "Sky" :)

ryanfinger Oct 2, 2017 3:22 pm

Just had the same experience. No companions, upgraded to F on 1st segment, zone PREM. Upgraded to C+ on 2nd, zone Sky.

SkyMilesTeam Oct 3, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi everyone, we're aware of this boarding pass issue, and are working to fix it ASAP. Rest easy - the boarding zone rules haven't changed. Diamond Medallion Members still get to board in zone PREM with First Class/Delta One. If you're Diamond and your boarding pass says SKY, you still board with Premium.

southernmom Oct 4, 2017 2:00 am

[QUOTE=Orange County Commuter;28869711]Actually I really wish it would stick. Allowing the DM on with the First/Business cabin just adds to the gate lice effect (yes, you too are Gate Lice if you start circling and posing well before boarding so you can be "first on the plane" for the prize, what the prize is I don't know as I have never bothered to play the game LOL!)

Maybe Delta should go with a new boarding scheme "Premium Cabin" "Unhappy they weren't upgraded" "Sky"

vincentharris Oct 4, 2017 5:44 am

Wow I didnt know DL still actually read/posts here.

rylan Oct 4, 2017 6:37 am

Yeah they lurk and observe, occasionally post things like above.
FT is certainly a wealth of information and opinions so would be foolish not to read or skim through threads.

GRALISTAIR Oct 4, 2017 7:24 am

Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam (Post 28891058)
Hi everyone, we're aware of this boarding pass issue, and are working to fix it ASAP. Rest easy - the boarding zone rules haven't changed. Diamond Medallion Members still get to board in zone PREM with First Class/Delta One. If you're Diamond and your boarding pass says SKY, you still board with Premium.

Thank you very much indeed for posting this information. I for one, certainly appreciate it. :)

kitkat77 Oct 4, 2017 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter (Post 28869711)
Actually I really wish it would stick. Allowing the DM on with the First/Business cabin just adds to the gate lice effect (yes, you too are Gate Lice if you start circling and posing well before boarding so you can be "first on the plane" for the prize, what the prize is I don't know as I have never bothered to play the game LOL!)

Maybe Delta should go with a new boarding scheme "Premium Cabin" "Unhappy they weren't upgraded" "Sky" :)

If you don't play the game, then why do you care who boards when? :confused:

jamesteroh Oct 4, 2017 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter (Post 28869711)

I like being able to board with PREM if my upgrade hasn't cleared since I try to get the bulkhead in C+. If I can board with PREM I don't have to worry about finding bin space by my seat (a lot of lazy passenegers just throw their bags into the first bin that has space).

My boarding pass on Monday on a flight that didn't clear had SKY on it (was travelling solo) and didn't notice it until I got to the gate and I simply boarded with first and the GA didn't say a thing and thanked me for being diamond