Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond boarding pass shows sky zone

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond, National Executive Elite
Diamond boarding pass shows sky zone

boarding in pbi this morning and my zone is listed as sky. I did not clear the upgrade list. The man in line behind me is diamond and his bp also showed sky vs premium. Does anyone know why? Thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: DL DM MM
Maybe it's an instant devaluation if you obtained Diamond using the credit card waiver and spent less than $250,000.
dmarge18, SFCav, SDQBound and 6 others like this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Seen a few other reports of this too... no idea why/what happened. Most probable is a bug in the system.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
Maybe it's an instant devaluation if you obtained Diamond using the credit card waiver and spent less than $250,000.
Bazinga!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Did you spend $500K with DL last month? If not then its an "enhancement"
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Were you traveling alone or with companions on the same itinerary? I've seen reports where Diamonds traveling with companions (of lower or no status) ticketed on the same itinerary do not get the PREM boarding zone. Whether that's a glitch or intentional, I'm not sure.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:08 am

Actually I really wish it would stick. Allowing the DM on with the First/Business cabin just adds to the gate lice effect (yes, you too are Gate Lice if you start circling and posing well before boarding so you can be "first on the plane" for the prize, what the prize is I don't know as I have never bothered to play the game LOL!)

Maybe Delta should go with a new boarding scheme "Premium Cabin" "Unhappy they weren't upgraded" "Sky"
southof30a and manacit like this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Just had the same experience. No companions, upgraded to F on 1st segment, zone PREM. Upgraded to C+ on 2nd, zone Sky.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:24 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Hi everyone, we're aware of this boarding pass issue, and are working to fix it ASAP. Rest easy - the boarding zone rules haven't changed. Diamond Medallion Members still get to board in zone PREM with First Class/Delta One. If you're Diamond and your boarding pass says SKY, you still board with Premium.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond, National Executive Elite
[QUOTE=Orange County Commuter;28869711]Actually I really wish it would stick. Allowing the DM on with the First/Business cabin just adds to the gate lice effect (yes, you too are Gate Lice if you start circling and posing well before boarding so you can be "first on the plane" for the prize, what the prize is I don't know as I have never bothered to play the game LOL!)

Maybe Delta should go with a new boarding scheme "Premium Cabin" "Unhappy they weren't upgraded" "Sky"
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Wow I didnt know DL still actually read/posts here.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah they lurk and observe, occasionally post things like above.
FT is certainly a wealth of information and opinions so would be foolish not to read or skim through threads.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam
Hi everyone, we're aware of this boarding pass issue, and are working to fix it ASAP. Rest easy - the boarding zone rules haven't changed. Diamond Medallion Members still get to board in zone PREM with First Class/Delta One. If you're Diamond and your boarding pass says SKY, you still board with Premium.
Thank you very much indeed for posting this information. I for one, certainly appreciate it.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Actually I really wish it would stick. Allowing the DM on with the First/Business cabin just adds to the gate lice effect (yes, you too are Gate Lice if you start circling and posing well before boarding so you can be "first on the plane" for the prize, what the prize is I don't know as I have never bothered to play the game LOL!)

If you don't play the game, then why do you care who boards when?
pvn and jamesteroh like this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter

I like being able to board with PREM if my upgrade hasn't cleared since I try to get the bulkhead in C+. If I can board with PREM I don't have to worry about finding bin space by my seat (a lot of lazy passenegers just throw their bags into the first bin that has space).

My boarding pass on Monday on a flight that didn't clear had SKY on it (was travelling solo) and didn't notice it until I got to the gate and I simply boarded with first and the GA didn't say a thing and thanked me for being diamond

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.