This post needs more exclamation points
You're welcome

Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:51 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Originally Posted by aero0729
Lately I have seen Delta more and more become PURE marketing and propaganda, not at all Premium:

- The tape on the ME3 - Proves the airline is pure propaganda in all the lies and attempt to persuade customers to believe something they knew is a far stretch of the truth

- LAX Terminal move- HAHA!!!! Read the billboards as you drive into LAX. They advertise a better experience and that it is "closer" to the front of the airport. LAX is a circle, if it is closer driving in, its farther driving out. The move has stunk.

- They really think customers think Skymiles is awesome and they are hevaily advertising wonderful benefits such as being able to buy a beer in a Skyclub with miles. A beer that should be free for international travelers and club members! On no other world class airline would an inter-continental paid business traveler be scrubbed for beer money

- Branding of comfort plus - Here they will give you the beer and a snack worth $5-7 total. Meanwhile top tier on UA or AA can have a meal for free on all flights that offer! AND you can just pick your seat! No upgrade required!

- The airline with the absolute worst First Class Product, Worst lounges for international travel, worst international business class seats (767s , 777s and upcoming cramped A350 suites) worst alliance and worst mileage program cannot possible be the Premium carrier. You need to win all those items above ALONG with having world class service and operations.

Delta - is a crap carrier. Will still have to fly them sometime but their CEO is all about Propaganda.... little about the experience matches and its a fact the SkyMile is so bad, I hope it destroys DL
ugh, really? Thats alot of anger toward an airline. A few suggestions:

(1) Accept the fact that sadly, most passengers will need to lower their expectations. No carrier is what it use to be in terms of service.

(2) Be thankful, that at the very least, you always got home safely. After all, this is the number one most important thing, and certainly trumps any other thing, any airline on the planet can offer.

(3) Perhaps work harder, and be more successful in your career, and buy a private jet, or fractional jet ownership card, so as not to be subjected to the horrid airlines.

Just a few thoughts. But ultimately, vote with your wallet. Complaining here won't do very much.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by 757FO
ugh, really? Thats alot of anger toward an airline. A few suggestions:

(3) Perhaps work harder, and be more successful in your career, and buy a private jet, or fractional jet ownership card, so as not to be subjected to the horrid airlines.

Just a few thoughts. But ultimately, vote with your wallet. Complaining here won't do very much.
Working on it!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Working on it!
Just re-read my post, and my apologies if it came across as rude. Not my intention, my humor sounds funny to me, but may come across as snarky! if you get that private jet, let me know, I'll teach you how to fly it!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:49 am

Working on it!
Yep....just about got that Cessna 172 mastered
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
I am actually referring to the international travel experience. Yes they have free beer but most decent liquor you have to pay for. American has premium liquor free in their international lounges for biz class and up (several being built) and if you are in an Admirals club they will give you drink tickets for premium liquor if you are traveling intl. Its not that valuable but a nice gesture.

Even nice Skyclubs are built for the domestic experience. SEA, SFO and ATL E, and B are exceptionally nice for domestic lounges but none of them compare to some of the wonderful lounges of OW/Star.
I think that the VS clubhouse experience has a lot of similarities to the Flagship lounges.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by OHDL1
Yep....just about got that Cessna 172 mastered
Im one up on you. I have my own personal pilot with a commercial license. All I do is rent the plane! And if you want to use him, we can arrange that too. He works for food.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by 757FO
Just re-read my post, and my apologies if it came across as rude. Not my intention, my humor sounds funny to me, but may come across as snarky! if you get that private jet, let me know, I'll teach you how to fly it!
No worries, this is flyer talk no one is allowed to take offense. I can already fly but thank you!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
- The airline with the absolute worst First Class Product, Worst lounges for international travel
I had the pleasure of one of the United Club's in EWR on my EWR -> LHR flight recently.

Pardon my French but... ....ing awful.

Delta SkyClub's aren't perfect, I don't like some bits of them but EVERY Sky Club I have been to is better than that United Club I visited in one of their hubs AND on a premium route.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lewis42
I had the pleasure of one of the United Club's in EWR on my EWR -> LHR flight recently.

Pardon my French but... ....ing awful.

Delta SkyClub's aren't perfect, I don't like some bits of them but EVERY Sky Club I have been to is better than that United Club I visited in one of their hubs AND on a premium route.
Well, Polaris lounges are on the way and they are way nicer than Skyclubs. DL has no plans to introduce a premium lounge.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Well, Polaris lounges are on the way and they are way nicer than Skyclubs. DL has no plans to introduce a premium lounge.
got a while yet until a full roll out!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: Former: United 1K, AA ExP, Alaska 75K Current: Delta DM
Delta has better partners to where? Maybe Europe but no where else.
Asia - DL partners mostly with Chinese carriers that do not hold a candle to CX, ANA, JAL, SQ, MH. CI and GA are good but limited flights.

Skyteam lounges are pretty bad. I now think the best Skyteam lounge is the SEA Skyclub. None of the Skyteam airlines care about the lounges. OW and Star are worlds ahead.
Yup I agree Asia can be hit and miss depending on where you're trying to fly into. But Europe wise IMO, I find Skyteam better.
Domestic lounges when comparing the big three I still find Skyclub better.
International? Nah, there's better choices.

I am actually referring to the international travel experience. Yes they have free beer but most decent liquor you have to pay for. American has premium liquor free in their international lounges for biz class and up (several being built) and if you are in an Admirals club they will give you drink tickets for premium liquor if you are traveling intl. Its not that valuable but a nice gesture.

Even nice Skyclubs are built for the domestic experience. SEA, SFO and ATL E, and B are exceptionally nice for domestic lounges but none of them compare to some of the wonderful lounges of OW/Star.
As a whole collective for teams/alliances yes OW/Star is better in terms of quantity. But the best lounge i've been in was AF's lounge in CDG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.