Confirmed ticket but not ticketed?

Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles member
Confirmed ticket but not ticketed?

Seems like there are a lot of Delta glitches going on on their website lately. Award calendar glitches and availability errors. Yesterday i booked my trip to Rome from Lax (stop at JFK). I got my confirmation via delta app, selected seats, but few things: unable to access receipt, and no email confirmation. Are my confirmed seats not really confirmed? Will they not find my ticket once i get to the airport?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It may not be a glitch. You may simply not be ticketed. Look for your e-ticket number, not PNR. No ticket means no travel.

That is as opposed to a reservation which is what you now have.

If you can't find your e-ticket, call DL.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:25 pm

Yes. usually reservation and ticketing happen simultaneously so a user is not aware that ticketing happens in the background (in a different system)
Occasionally there have been reports of cases like this when ticket doesn't sync with reservation. I'd say wait an hour or 2 at the most then call DL - definitely not wait till tomorrow.
Worst case scenario is you will have to book again - current fare class may not be available and rep will refuse to honor your current reservation for issuing a new ticket.

Last edited by jeet; Sep 27, 2017 at 4:25 pm Reason: fixed typo
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
For what it's worth; our corporate system let's you book and confirm, incl. seat selection, but then the corporate travel agent has 24hrs to pay for the ticket, which means ticketing. Otherwise the reservation disappears.

Little off topic, but indeed two different systems.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
DL phone agents can even created a reservation and put it on hold, and then must be ticketed (paid for) within 24hrs.

Generally they only do this when you're wanting to pay at airport or ticketing office.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: HHDIA, SPG PLAT, DLDIA
Used GUC for trip to Rome today. When it was time to check in yesterday I couldn't.
Called the Diamond desk and was told that although my GUC had cleared my ticket was not valid. It took ten minutes for someone other than phone rep to validate my ticket. How in the world does that happen?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Fish Creek
Used GUC for trip to Rome today. When it was time to check in yesterday I couldn't.
Called the Diamond desk and was told that although my GUC had cleared my ticket was not valid. It took ten minutes for someone other than phone rep to validate my ticket. How in the world does that happen?
When a certificate upgrade clears the ticket has to be reissued, which doesn't seem to always happen automatically, and you can't check-in until it does. It does seem pretty lame, but is also a fairly well-known thing in the RUC and GUC threads for what it's worth...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.