Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Would CI be a good candidate for a PE MQD run?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat

Seeing how Delta awards 20% distance for MQD in PE and discount J (and 75% MQM), would a run to southeast asia on CI in Premium Economy be a good idea to run up a good amount of MQDs?

Wouldn't JFK-TPE-DEL be a good way to run up 4212 MQDs each roundtrip?

Also seeing maybe doing JFK-CAN-AKL in Premium economy that'd earn 6060 MQDs
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Wouldn't the route through CAN be operated by CZ = China Southern? If so, the earning rules could be different. Also, I'm not sure CZ has Premium Economy and its service would be different from that of China Air (based in Taiwan).
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Seeing how Delta awards 20% distance for MQD in PE and discount J (and 75% MQM), would a run to southeast asia on CI in Premium Economy be a good idea to run up a good amount of MQDs?

Wouldn't JFK-TPE-DEL be a good way to run up 4212 MQDs each roundtrip?

Also seeing maybe doing JFK-CAN-AKL in Premium economy that'd earn 6060 MQDs
1. This would have been the year to do it for MQDs; CI had some deep PE discounts earlier this year that (so far at least) seem to be over with. I have done two such trips this year that will boost me to PM for next year.

2. You might fly via Taipei, but Delta might measure the mileage via Europe.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
2. Are these direct flights (with the same flight number)? Otherwise, DL should measure mileage segment by segment, although there can be some variation between the numbers DL uses and what references such as the great circle website indicate.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wouldn't the route through CAN be operated by CZ = China Southern? If so, the earning rules could be different. Also, I'm not sure CZ has Premium Economy and its service would be different from that of China Air (based in Taiwan).
CZ is 22% MQDs in W class. I’m just saying it seems like CI and CZ could be good MQD run opportunities.

do a pair of JFK-CAN-AKL runs on CZ in W class and run up $12,100 MQDs and 41K MQMs and I’m sure you won’t have a problem hitting 15,000 MQDs getting the remaining 84K MQMs...
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
In general, flying partner coded discounted W or J (meaning MQD is calculated as a % of distance, and the flight is not a DL flight number or issued on 006 stock) is a good earning strategy, not just for CI. Of course, the specifics depend on any given route and fare.

I would pick CI over any of the China (PRC) carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.