Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is There any MQD Requirement for Lifetime GMs etc?

Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,

As a 2MM, I am complementary annual GM... what is the story about the MQDs with that status?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by RobertS975
As a 2MM, I am complementary annual GM... what is the story about the MQDs with that status?
there is not a spend requirement
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
However to earn PM one must earn normal PM MQD. You dont get credit for having GM.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Knowing Delta, it wouldn't surprise me if part of annual benefit was changed to include segment or MQD requirement.

Jiburi
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Not yet.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's no such thing as lifetime GM, only annual comped at 2MM (so far).
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There's no such thing as lifetime GM, only annual comped at 2MM (so far).
Which you frequently post, but please tell me what the difference is in your mind? Especially since the entire program or any feature thereof can be discontinued with 6 months notice, if I recall the fine print.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Which you frequently post, but please tell me what the difference is in your mind? Especially since the entire program or any feature thereof can be discontinued with 6 months notice, if I recall the fine print.
Technically, DL has already started chipping away some of the benefits thru Basic Economy. DL could simply expand applicable booking class to apply to more fare bucket and still keep the annual benefit intact, further reducing its benefit.

Jiburi
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:02 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I'm pretty sure that my 2MM status will be totally worthless by the time it's needed in retirement which is 3-5 years away. Very disappointed in DL these days.
At least my Lifetime Diamond status with Hilton will mean something.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The "complimentary annual" language has been there for like 8 years now. Every year, someone assures us this can only mean the termination of the program absolutely "imminent" and there can be no other possible explanation. And every year the predictions turn out to be false. All you need to do is look at the recent UA MM class action lawsuit over the use of the term "lifetime" after they changed the benefits to get an idea of what the DL lawyers were likely concerned about when they changed the language. Sure, it may say "Offers and benefits subject to change without notice" in the T&C's. But if you use the term "lifetime" it's not unreasonable to assume those only apply to new MM's, and not existing ones.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Please forgive what may be a foolish question to most of you, but I'm still learning this and don't always know where else to ask a question.

You have 2MM - this year? Or lifetime? And complementary annual GM - this comes with reaching 2MM in what time period?

Thank you in advance! :-)
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
Please forgive what may be a foolish question to most of you, but I'm still learning this and don't always know where else to ask a question.

You have 2MM - this year? Or lifetime? And complementary annual GM - this comes with reaching 2MM in what time period?

MM is based on lifetime.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Dont give DL any ideas
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph

There is not "time period", once you have accumulated 2 million MQM's flying DL you get annual complimentary Gold status, but you do not get any "boosts" in MQM's, so you still have to fly 75K MQM's and meet the spend requirement in any year to get to Platinum. at 1MM you get Silver and at 4MM you get Plat. there is no comp Diamond at any MM level.

I am about 140K away from 2MM and it took me 16 yrs of a lot of flying to get there.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta PM & 2.4M+ Miles - Bonvoy - Lifetime Titanium - DL AMEX Reserve
I need just 62,744 to reach 2MM. After 32 years of airplanes, I look forward to "Comped Gold". Hope I will be able to enjoy it a short time at least...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.