FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Understanding MQM earning with Premium Select (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1868422-understanding-mqm-earning-premium-select.html)

jmertic Sep 23, 2017 6:56 am

Understanding MQM earning with Premium Select

1 Attachment(s)
Looking at some flights in premium select for later this year for a conference I'm set to speak at in SIN...

Attachment 40395

Looking at the MQM earnings, it appears that the MQM bonus only applies to the actual leg in Premium Select. In the past on similar itineraries with mixed booking codes but the same base fare code, you'd earn the MQM bonus for all legs. Any advise on this?

xliioper Sep 23, 2017 7:13 am

I would expect earnings to be based on booking class as stated by DL, not base fare code. What past experience have you had that credited otherwise? When booking domestic F tickets in the US with CRJ-200 legs, the calculator shows the same thing (no class of service bonus for CRJ-200 legs).

GRALISTAIR Sep 23, 2017 7:15 am

Originally Posted by jmertic (Post 28849394)
Looking at some flights in premium select for later this year for a conference I'm set to speak at in SIN...

Attachment 40395

Looking at the MQM earnings, it appears that the MQM bonus only applies to the actual leg in Premium Select. In the past on similar itineraries with mixed booking codes but the same base fare code, you'd earn the MQM bonus for all legs. Any advise on this?

Booking Premium Economy on Delta operated by VS but with a connecting leg in Economy you only get MQMx 1.5 for the leg in PE so what you seems correct

jmertic Sep 23, 2017 7:17 am

So I've seen before on YUP fares, where at the time of booking there was no F inventory, that both the leg in Y and any F legs got the full 1.5x MQMs. I've also had recent AF PE flights where I've got 1.5 MQM even though some legs were in Y because that's what the plane had ( intra-EU legs, and domestic US legs ).

xliioper Sep 23, 2017 7:41 am

Originally Posted by jmertic (Post 28849445)
So I've seen before on YUP fares, where at the time of booking there was no F inventory, that both the leg in Y and any F legs got the full 1.5x MQMs. I've also had recent AF PE flights where I've got 1.5 MQM even though some legs were in Y because that's what the plane had ( intra-EU legs, and domestic US legs ).

YUP fares have been gone for some time (when DL went to "branded fare product"), how recent was this. As far as AF, when I did a sample PE booking on AF, the non-PE flights still show PE booking classes (which is different from DL where they do not). So I don't think you can really draw anything from either experience.

Grogs Sep 23, 2017 8:29 am

Originally Posted by jmertic (Post 28849445)

I'm getting ready to fly one of those AF flights on DL flight #s and the DL domestic connections are listed as C+, while both the TATL and inter-Europe (with no PE cabin) are listed as PE on Delta. The domestic legs are listed as C+. I'm expecting to get the MQM bonus on the two AF legs, but not the domestic DL connection in C+. If I do, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

CarmenOM Sep 23, 2017 11:00 am

In August I flew MSP-CDG-MAN-BOS-MSP. I booked using W in the fare search. The itinerary I ended up with showed W as the fare on the outbound and G on the return legs. The initial itinerary flights were all on Delta codeshare flight numbers, although all of the outbound was on AF and MAN-BOS was on VS. The one Delta flight was BOS-MSP which booked into F on the G fare.

All of the itinerary earned 150% MQM.

flyerCO Sep 23, 2017 11:28 am

You always earn per flight.

A YUP gets a bonus because it books into Y on any non FC segments.

Most discount fares are not actual YUP. Instead something much lower. Instead they're more appropriately called a SUP or HUP, etc... You're paying for a say S fare but DL is putting you in FC. You need both the S fare class and A fare class to get FC on a flight and for non FC segments S.

Note, unlike AA, DL treats these like FC fares for rebooking/IRROPS purposes. For mileage earning it's whatever fare class you book into. Non-FC can only be booked into a coach fare class. Thus in my example above would be S.