Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL's new 75D interior. If this is the future, count me out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL's new 75D interior. If this is the future, count me out

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by SFO777
OK, I get it now. The DL forum is actually the DL cheerleading forum.
Bingo! LOL, SFO777; how dare you come to the DL and cast your aspersions! LOL

In all honesty though, DL has been pretty good to me given their network out of BOS. And avoiding PHL these days is always a good thing. But I do agree, DL's 757s (non-D1) are to be avoided. I'm not sure which configuration it is, given that there's so darn many of them, but the F seats are so low, you can't even fit a backpack underneath them. They're extremely cramped. And, please, can we have a bulkhead? Not that cheap plastic thing.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
The Boeing 757 is the most stunning subsonic narrowbody aircraft ever designed. It excels at any mission.
Sat next to a commuting DL pilot (current left seat A32x, former right seat 757/767) last week who had nothing but superlatives to say about the 757. He was incredulous that Boeing pulled it rather than doing a new engine option.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
The design of the airplane and the cabin choices that DL made are completely different issues. I also love the 757, and before DL messed with them I also loved the cabins. At least there is still the fantastic coach exit row bulk head.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
no, it's basically the 739 F cabin ... 20 slimline seats, Row 1 pretty much crammed against the bulkhead ... with the mini C+ cabin (three rows on the left, two rows and a lav on the right) between the 2L door and Row 5 of F
The F lavatory on those planes should be illegal. Seats are not so hot either. But hey, regulation is our enemy.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
I echo SFO777 's sentiments and comments verbatim. It's truly shocking how DL fit 45 rows of seats on this aircraft. Yowza!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
The design of the airplane and the cabin choices that DL made are completely different issues. I also love the 757, and before DL messed with them I also loved the cabins. At least there is still the fantastic coach exit row bulk head.
Yes, the pilots love the 757s, but what matters is the customer experience which is:

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
I echo SFO777 's sentiments and comments verbatim. It's truly shocking how DL fit 45 rows of seats on this aircraft. Yowza!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: DL GM
I fly the 75D all the time and simultaneously love it and hate it. Great IFE, *mostly* comfortable and 19A-C might be the best row of coach in the fleet. But the forward mini-cabin of C+ is an absolute nightmare to sit in and F isn't particularly great either. Deplaning out of 2L from F can be a slow process as well.

I know some people say positive things about the forward C+ mini-cabin but I don't understand it. Not one of those seats is comfortable in the slightest. Had the "honor" of being "upgraded" to 17C from my 27C exit row last week and could not have hated it more. Right next to the forward lav, which inexplicably has a larger outward opening door that practically hits the arm rest and the entire row feels more cramped than any regular Y seat. I felt more boxed in sitting in 17C than I have sitting in a Y middle seat for 4 hours.

All in all, I like the majority of things about the 75D interior, but they just tried stuffing way too many rows into the thing.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
I fly the 75D all the time and simultaneously love it and hate it. ... the forward mini-cabin of C+ is an absolute nightmare to sit in and F isn't particularly great either. Deplaning out of 2L from F can be a slow process as well.

... 17C ... next to the forward lav, which inexplicably has a larger outward opening door that practically hits the arm rest and the entire row feels more cramped than any regular Y seat. ....

All in all, I like the majority of things about the 75D interior, but they just tried stuffing way too many rows into the thing.
I've mentioned this probably four or five times over the past year -- when DL's first 757s entered the fleet ~1983, they had a similar 15-seat mini-cabin ahead of the 2L/2R doors ... the big difference was that there were only four rows of F
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:40 am

I've mentioned this probably four or five times over the past year -- when DL's first 757s entered the fleet ~1983, they had a similar 15-seat mini-cabin ahead of the 2L/2R doors ... the big difference was that there were only four rows of F
Only 4 rows of F? Was it an international configuration?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: DL GM
A mini-cabin itself is a perfectly sound concept, especially in international J, but this particular one is just brutal. Even if just the lav door was a standard slide open it might be better but that outward opening door is hell on 17C and the entire mini-cabin feels completely boxed in.

I mean, there are only so many ways to can arrange the seating forward of 2L/R and this is probably the best way to maximize seats but I sure wouldn't describe that cabin comfort or plus.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
jeez, no ... it was 1983, lie-flats were probably 20 years away, and I think the longest route they had those birds on at the time was something like ATL<-->SLC (my early trips were SEA<-->LAX, which also saw L10s and 763s around that time)
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:10 pm

jeez, no ... it was 1983, lie-flats were probably 20 years away, and I think the longest route they had those birds on at the time was something like ATL<-->SLC (my early trips were SEA<-->LAX, which also saw L10s and 763s around that time)
I of course know that there were not lie-flats--but I was curious if it was some type of old international F or J that had 50" pitch and significant recline or something along those lines.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
At one time, there were 3 different config of 756, 757-5600 series.

https://www.seatmaestro.com/airplane...600-pacific-1/

https://www.seatmaestro.com/airplane...00-atlantic-1/

https://www.seatmaestro.com/airplane...g-757-200-dom/

Since the introduction of this aircraft into NW fleet, DL has added total 15 seats for domestic market. (reduction of 2 F seats, increased 17 Economy) NW did not offer Economy Comfort Cabin. DL did add economy comfort seat adding 2-4 inch of Economy Seats however.

In current DL configuration, 17C, an Economy Comfort Seat, is offensively, right next to the mid lavoratory door. Upgrade anyone?

Jiburi

Last edited by jiburi; Sep 25, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I think the discussion is about DL's original 757s they got in the 1980's vs. the configuration of today. Honestly, any NW 757 also needed a lot of refurb. They looked tired and nasty when I first saw them after the merger.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I have flown the 757s, both refurbished and not refurbished, a lot in business-class (domestic first-class) to/from Caribbean over the past year. At one point, I was doing it weekly.

Thankfully, the catering on these flights, which were generally between 4 and 4 1/2 hours in duration, was much better than the pictures from @SFO777. What he was served was disgusting.

As for the seats up front, I didn't think they were that bad but then again I'm neither big nor fat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.