Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL's new 75D interior. If this is the future, count me out

DL's new 75D interior. If this is the future, count me out

Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by SFO777
Apparently, you also have trouble reading. How does flying Southwest help me re-qualify for Flying Blue?
How else are we to interpret "Count Me Out"
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:58 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

Apparently, you also have trouble reading. How does flying Southwest help me re-qualify for Flying Blue?
No troubles here and that is a personal problem for you trying to re-qualify for Flying Blue...in the future don't try to re-qualify for Flying Blue on a Delta 757. Find a Delta product that fits your needs and fly that or better yet try the 19 other airlines that make up SkyTeam! This is me still counting you out....

PS try this link...might fit you better...http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...a-stories.html
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
OP must really like Flying Blue and their narrowbody's (E)BC product that he keeps flying DL .
May i suggest requalifying on their (AF-KL) own narrowbody's
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Not commenting on the product since I haven't seen it (though the configuration you mention is truly odd), but as far as the food service goes:
(1) The shrimp/orzo salad was a nice lunch on the DTW-MCO 747 flight a few weeks back, but I agree that it's probably a little thin for dinner.
(2) DL has had a running problem with actually lining food service up with the website. I've been on multiple NYC-MCO flights that were advertised as having a meal but that didn't. I know that catering sometimes drops the ball (this explicitly happened on an ATL-ORD flight in February) but if the flight schedule says "dinner" then I do sort-of expect, you know, dinner. Moreover, the presence/absence of a meal affects whether I need to grab something in the airport en route to the flight (and this is a problem insofar as in the course of a ground hold at LGA and a flight to MCO I can go from "somewhat hungry" to "making an untoward dent in the snack box").
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Grouchy
OP must really like Flying Blue and their narrowbody's (E)BC that he keeps flying DL
Is this what you mean?

Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
(2) DL has had a running problem with actually lining food service up with the website. I've been on multiple NYC-MCO flights that were advertised as having a meal but that didn't.
Interesting.

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
I know that catering sometimes drops the ball (this explicitly happened on an ATL-ORD flight in February) but if the flight schedule says "dinner" then I do sort-of expect, you know, dinner. Moreover, the presence/absence of a meal affects whether I need to grab something in the airport en route to the flight (and this is a problem insofar as in the course of a ground hold at LGA and a flight to MCO I can go from "somewhat hungry" to "making an untoward dent in the snack box").
Agree. If the app says Dinner, then I would assume something that sort of resembles dinner.
If they would fess up and admitted Snack, I would have eaten in terminal in the 90 minutes between flights.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
And you believe this because... the tooth fairy told you?
Try flying on Spirit Airlines - any aircraft. Or any of United's Airbus planes. Or a former US Airways A319. Or American's incoming 737MAX. Let us know how any of those compares to Delta's 75D.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Austin787
Try flying on Spirit Airlines - any aircraft. .
Ridiculous comment. Spirit does not sell itself as offering a premium business product with extra comfort and luxury. Not sure what your interest is in defending DL here.
sdadept and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
It'll be nice when the A321s finally drive the 757s off most domestic routes.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by WWads
It'll be nice when the A321s finally drive the 757s off most domestic routes.
Ill take a 75D over an A321 any day. There is nothing quite like L2 Boarding and its overall a more comfortable plane (even with the 3 rows of C+ cramed between FC and L2.)
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Agree. If the app says Dinner, then I would assume something that sort of resembles dinner.
If they would fess up and admitted Snack, I would have eaten in terminal in the 90 minutes between flights.
The app called it "Dinner Snack". Which seems strangely appropriate!

Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton
Former DM, I only fly government-subsidized DL these days to maintain my Flying Blue status. Flew PIT-ATL-SNA yesterday. Crews on both flights were great and even the MD-88 seat from PIT was reasonably comfortable on a short 1 hour flight.

But for my connection, I had the misfortunate of getting the new configuration 75D for ATL-SNA. What a piece of crap this front cabin is. Did a double take turning left from 2L to see 3 rows of coach (EC) seats and then 5 rows of what I'll charitably call "First Class". Really uncomfortable seats with not much recline. After a couple of hours, the absence of much cushion and padding makes them really uncomfortable. Then there is the lack of a closet up front that puts the unfortunate dude in 1B right in the galley and the first few rows in the spotlight from upfront.
Sounds like 1B might be the perfect seat for some FT members. Just reach over and grab yourself a refill whenever your drink falls below half full.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
This is why I always travel with granola bars, no matter what the app tells me is being served on my flights.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Is this what you mean?
Nope. Appareantly SSF556 is not the only have troubles reading
Narrowbody for Flying Blue carriers KL/AF = B737, A319,320, E-170/190's etc
You know, same seats, no extra legroom, no extra pitch, Wifi, IFE, USB power etc. Even no middle seat free.

Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
SNL from 1994. 'Buh Bye. I'm sorry, wha, what part didn't you understand? The buh, or the bye? Buh bye.'

00:47 mark

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgu5tb

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.