Search

Delta from Orlando... How's the Wait?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:36 pm
a7m
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Delta from Orlando... How's the Wait?

Flying on Delta out MCO at 7 a.m. on a Monday in October. I have both TSA precheck and Elite Plus. No luggage. Can anyone tell me how long the security lines can be? I want to sleep till the last moment, but also want to get back to New York...
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by a7m
Flying on Delta out MCO at 7 a.m. on a Monday in October. I have both TSA precheck and Elite Plus. No luggage. Can anyone tell me how long the security lines can be? I want to sleep till the last moment, but also want to get back to New York...
MCO is always MCO, but early hours TSA Pre at MCO is usually just 5-10 minutes or so. I'd be sure to be at the airport no later than 6 am if you really want to push it. 5:30 would be much more comfortable arrival time. YMMV.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
If you really want to sleep until the last possible second, I'd recommend the Hyatt in MCO

Otherwise, I'd probably echo 5:30 - 6 at the latest.
calrick likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Also, if its really long, feel free to let me know. I'll give you my 2 month trial code for CLEAR.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Mondays will be a bit worse than average. I'd aim to be walking into the terminal by 5:45-6:00. You'll walk through security and more or less right onto the plane with that schedule if it's business as usual at MCO. If things are backed up worse than normal, you'll be rushed.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by a7m
It can very, I’ve gotten through TSA Pre many times in about 3min but if there are a bunch of families who got free Pre Check and have no idea what they are doing than that wait can get to about 10min. I’ve luckily never had to wait more than 10min for TSA Pre in MCO.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
It can very, I’ve gotten through TSA Pre many times in about 3min but if there are a bunch of families who got free Pre Check and have no idea what they are doing than that wait can get to about 10min. I’ve luckily never had to wait more than 10min for TSA Pre in MCO.
There is nothing more maddening than seeing a bunch of families in the pre check line. Children do not belong in pre check, ever. I thought this was supposed to stop? These people have no idea what they are doing and end up having to go through multiple times or repack their stuff at the belt. If I’m in the pre check line with others who know what they are doing then I can be through in a matter of seconds. I’d be willing to contribute in hiring a lobbyist to represent frequent flyers and get this mess with pre check straightened out.
basecamp likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:34 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
There is nothing more maddening than seeing a bunch of families in the pre check line. Children do not belong in pre check, ever. I thought this was supposed to stop? These people have no idea what they are doing and end up having to go through multiple times or repack their stuff at the belt. If I’m in the pre check line with others who know what they are doing then I can be through in a matter of seconds. I’d be willing to contribute in hiring a lobbyist to represent frequent flyers and get this mess with pre check straightened out.
What are you talking about? PreCheck is for anybody and can you honestly say these people haven't paid to get it? If the parents have it and the kids don't, TSA will send them all through PreCheck rather than split up a family. They are just as entitled to it as you are.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jackvogt
What are you talking about? PreCheck is for anybody and can you honestly say these people haven't paid to get it? If the parents have it and the kids don't, TSA will send them all through PreCheck rather than split up a family. They are just as entitled to it as you are.
That needs to end. Everyone who goes through pre check should have paid for it. Pre check was designed to get people through security faster. These parents are never prepared in my experience.
basecamp and Fleck like this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:43 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
That needs to end. Everyone who goes through pre check should have paid for it. Pre check was designed to get people through security faster. These parents are never prepared in my experience.
Big deal. THe world doesn't revolve around you.
RaflW likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jackvogt
Big deal. THe world doesn't revolve around you.
I am paying for a service that is not delivering. I have every right to seek remedies.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I am paying for a service that is not delivering. I have every right to seek remedies.
Complaining on the internet is not seeking a remedy!

You have no right to control how PreCheck operates. Your only right is to decide not to pay for it. Which is what you should do, if it isn't delivering.

Otherwise, feel free to give TSA your feedback but as long as you still give them your $$ then they have very little reason to change.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Complaining on the internet is not seeking a remedy!
Notice my interest in hiring a lobbyist with others who feel the same way I do. Pre check should be for paying passengers who are routinely background checked. And get rid of the theater with the random swabbing of hands, etc.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Notice my interest in hiring a lobbyist with others who feel the same way I do. Pre check should be for paying passengers who are routinely background checked. And get rid of the theater with the random swabbing of hands, etc.
I noticed your grandstanding; let me know when you've actually hired a lobbyist. Mucking up a discussion with rants isn't helping anyone.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by manacit
If you really want to sleep until the last possible second, I'd recommend the Hyatt in MCO

Otherwise, I'd probably echo 5:30 - 6 at the latest.
Can agree - MCO hyatt was nice and quiet and you can get to the front of security right from the elevators. How last second is that? Worth it if you have the Hyatt points and can book there the last night of your trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.