Search

Premium Select vs Comfort +

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Premium Select vs Comfort +

Does anyone know if PM/DM's will still get "upgraded" complimentary shortly after ticketing to Premium select when its debuted? As it stands domestic and international comfort + is a free upgrade right after booking now.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Does anyone know if PM/DM's will still get "upgraded" complimentary shortly after ticketing to Premium select when its debuted? As it stands domestic and international comfort + is a free upgrade right after booking now.
They will not. No freebies, except OpUps.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DL, just like AA & UA as well as almost all non-US carriers, does not do freebie status UG's into separate cabins. Used to be easy when it was Y & F/J. DL says that it won't do Medallion UG's to PE when introduced and I presume that it won't for the same reason that it will send D1 out with empty seats, e.g. brand protection.

OPUPS are for the operational convenience of the carrier, e.g. a cabin class is overbooked and at risk of oversale, so DL moves someone up by a cabin. Those are not Medallion UG's.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
So basically the "upgrades" to Comfort + will stay complimentary on those flight and premium select is going to be OPUP only?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by vincentharris
So basically the "upgrades" to Comfort + will stay complimentary on those flight and premium select is going to be OPUP only?
DL has already said that GUCs can be used to upgrade from coach to either Premium Economy or D1, but if you first clear into Premium Economy, a second GUC will be required to move up to D1.

I expect DL to establish (but probably not publish) how many miles will be needed to upgrade from certain coach fares to Premium Select.

All of these upgrades will require upgrade inventory availability.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Often1
DL, just like AA & UA as well as almost all non-US carriers, does not do freebie status UG's into separate cabins.
Except that AA does for its PE product.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
A GUC to premium select?
Wow
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
I don't see any C+ rows on an A350 seatmap. If it's true that's really disappointing. I completely get it when they don't want to upgrade elite members to Premium Economy on space available basis (though AA is doing that). BUT why they decided to take away C+ seating benefit from elites? Doesn't look like a smart move.

Again, if we look at AA, they have business, premium economy, MCE and main cabin. So they're actually improving perks to elites.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by apodo77
A GUC to premium select?
Wow
You can also burn a GUC to upgrade to C+ (if available)!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by apodo77
A GUC to premium select?
Wow
Hasn't this been the policy for using GUCs on AF for quite awhile? Y->PE or PE->J but not Y->J. This is why I never even really considered using AF when I was looking to burn GUCs because you can go Y->J on DL/KL (and I think now VS).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.