Search

Snacks in Delta Comfort

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Snacks in Delta Comfort

Maybe I missed a thread?

Hd four segments in DL Confort this week and in the first three they did not pass the enhanced snack basket (from first).

i was thinking maybe something had changed and I missed the memo! But then on segment four there it was. Just left me wondering.

And NO - I am not a snowflake whose day is ruined for lack of a candy bar haha!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
It can vary widely. Short flights can have a sad little basket. Connection carriers can have both better and worse. Early morning baskets can be weak. I've found that to be true in first and comfort plus
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:14 am

Hey you beat me. On my flight they didn't even bother to serve anything! Glad I didn't pay for the "enhanced' service LOL!
KOTAR1988 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
What were the four segments and operating carriers, please?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:41 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Enhanced C+ snack basket is flight distance determined.
Enjoy fresh fruit and other premium snacks on many routes over 900 miles when meal service is not available.
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...fort-plus.html
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:19 am

It's also how often they actually come around with it. On a 4 hour flight earlier this week it was only passed around once, when its usually twice. Although that flight had bad service all around so its hopefully just a one off.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Force951
It's also how often they actually come around with it. On a 4 hour flight earlier this week it was only passed around once, when its usually twice. Although that flight had bad service all around so its hopefully just a one off.
Did you ask for the snack basket when you wanted it a second time? (Don't be afraid to use your call button when needed if a FA doesn't pass by your seat with some frequency.) Alternatively, did you try to walk to the galley and help yourself to the snack basket?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:14 am

Oh that sucks
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL GM
I flew a half dozen C+ segments in the last week alone, two of them 4 hour flights, and have to agree that there is some inconsistency. The first 4 hour flight only passed it once and never again, the second 4 hour flight was a midnight departure redeye and actually passed it three times. Maybe they figured it would be easier to pass it around to the few awake passengers?

Only 1 of the 4 ~2 hour flights had the snack basket in C+ but in all honesty, very little in the C+ snack basket interests me so I don't mind. The popcorn chips I've seen in F a few times lately are surprisingly good but I've never seen them make the cut to the C+ basket. Give me brownie brittle or give me nothing.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:05 am

I had a Nature Valley Almond Butter Biscuit on a B717 6am flight from MCI-SLC. First time I'd had it, but it was very tasty with that hot cup of Starbucks.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
What were the four segments and operating carriers, please?
All four segments were mainline

DL 2534 RDU-ATL (MD-88)
DL 2486 ATL-DFW (A320)
DL 2643 DFW-MSP (MD-88)
DL 519 MSP-RDU (717) - this was the one where the snack basket was passed in Comfort
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Watchful
All four segments were mainline

DL 2534 RDU-ATL (MD-88)
DL 2486 ATL-DFW (A320)
DL 2643 DFW-MSP (MD-88)
DL 519 MSP-RDU (717) - this was the one where the snack basket was passed in Comfort
Given that the MSP-RDU flight was the only one that met the 900 mile requirement for the premium snack options in Comfort+, I fail to see the issue here.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
IIRC I don’t remember the 900 Mile rule at the beginning of C+ service. Rather it was a change after the fact with little fanfare and didn’t realize so until after I wrote in a #1stworldproblem complaint and got the canned response. Maybe someone can correct me because I’d love to be wrong about this.

Personally I see zero benefit of C+ and more than likely would never pay for it unless my upgrade chances were zero on a domestic long-haul, or international.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tvtd
IIRC I don’t remember the 900 Mile rule at the beginning of C+ service. Rather it was a change after the fact with little fanfare and didn’t realize so until after I wrote in a #1stworldproblem complaint and got the canned response. Maybe someone can correct me because I’d love to be wrong about this.
Maybe not, but it's published policy today.

More Snacks to Enjoy

In addition to standard onboard fare, you can snack better with Delta Comfort+. Enjoy fresh fruit and other premium snacks on many routes over 900 miles when meal service is not available.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...fort-plus.html
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tvtd

Personally I see zero benefit of C+ and more than likely would never pay for it unless my upgrade chances were zero on a domestic long-haul, or international.
Pretty trivial to prove you are wrong --

https://web.archive.org/web/20150303...fort-plus.html

Also, there are a number of FT posts such as --

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24436122-post54.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24558543-post251.html

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 22, 2017 at 11:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.