Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Snacks in Delta Comfort

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Yeah so that must be it - the 900 mile thing - thanks!

However I'm sorta with tvtd on this one because I sure seem to recall the snack basket being pretty standard on all flights in Comfort - not just the longer ones.

Well - no matter - now I know!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Watchful
Yeah so that must be it - the 900 mile thing - thanks!

However I'm sorta with tvtd on this one because I sure seem to recall the snack basket being pretty standard on all flights in Comfort - not just the longer ones.

Well - no matter - now I know!
Again, archive.org and posts on FT show that the restriction has been there all along (see post on previous page).
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Watchful
the enhanced snack basket (from first).
FYI, it is not the same as the First Class snack basket (nor was it ever). It has always a C+ specific basket, with snack that, at least in DL's estimation, are not as premium as the F basket.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
I think it was always >900 miles for the snack basket. I know this because I fly a lot of shorter segments and the first time I got the snack basket in Comfort+ was ATL-PVD (903 miles). I don't think it's that big of a deal when they forget it. But I did ask (nicely) about the basket on one flight (IAH-MSP). The FA said "that's only when First class has a meal but I'll see what I can find". She was mistaken but totally cool about it and we got our snacks.

Smiling and asking nicely you can get a lot to happen!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Maybe not, but it's published policy today.

More Snacks to Enjoy

In addition to standard onboard fare, you can snack better with Delta Comfort+. Enjoy fresh fruit and other premium snacks on many routes over 900 miles when meal service is not available.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...fort-plus.html
"On many routes" is rather vague.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM (no bag tags), United Silver, Spirit - one and done, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis- owes me one
Perhaps they didn't pass it because the guy sitting next to me on my Thursday SEA-MSP flight was on there. This guy drained the basket like he was storing up for winter. I'll grab two items but stuffing your bag full is a little too much. Oh ya, and he ordered two Miller Lites to wash all those almonds down.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Maybe it's just me, but I have an almost inexplicable aversion to using the FA call button
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
In addition to standard onboard fare, you can snack better with Delta Comfort+. Enjoy fresh fruit and other premium snacks on many routes over 900 miles when meal service is not available. Plus, on flights over 250 miles, Starbucks® coffee, beer, wine and spirits for 21+.

So, all flts over 250 miles get the drinks mentioned above & if the flt is over 900 miles, and no meal service, they [usually] serve premium snacks?

Are all catered drinks available to C+ flyers?

Will I be able to purchase any food/snacks on this 945 mile flt (BOS-ATL)? I need to make some kind of onboard purchase, with my Amex Platinum DL card, to get the $100 stmt credit. Thanks!!
FC flyer likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
LGA-ORD today and we had the >900 snack basket in C+ (bananas, those rice crackers and a bunch of other stuff that I couldn't really see).

Also WTH is up with DL Shuttle catering? I was in the first row of C+ and once again there was no bloody mary mix catered in the YC beverage cart and I was offered plain tomato juice as a mixer (yuck!). This is a common occurrence on the DCA shuttle flights as well. I almost suggested the FA go up to FC to get it, but just did a white wine instead.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by philemer

Are all catered drinks available to C+ flyers?
No, only coach drinks. On domestic flights the only drink you would not be able to have is the first class wine because everything else is the same (though you could have the prosecco because it is sold in splits).

On D1 flights there are a number of differences as D1 gets top shelf liquor and spirits.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
No, only coach drinks. On domestic flights the only drink you would not be able to have is the first class wine because everything else is the same (though you could have the prosecco because it is sold in splits).

On D1 flights there are a number of differences as D1 gets top shelf liquor and spirits.
That's what I guessed. Thanks for verifying. One prosecco please. ^
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I agree - domestic mainline flights (including short intl. like Canada) have a bottled white (chardonnay) and red (cab) that are different from the splits. It's not Delta 1 wine but it's different. Regional jets (also including short intl.) don't include this enhancement in first/business class - at least from my experience.

I only care because I much prefer cab over merlot.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blitzcon
I agree - domestic mainline flights (including short intl. like Canada) have a bottled white (chardonnay) and red (cab) that are different from the splits. It's not Delta 1 wine but it's different. Regional jets (also including short intl.) don't include this enhancement in first/business class - at least from my experience.

I only care because I much prefer cab over merlot.
Every glass of red wine I've had in coach, on every airline I've flown, has been gross. That's why I'd rather buy a Prosecco or just order beer. Sometimes the FAs will comp you a glass of wine from First if you offer to pay for it.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Helpful thread. I flew SLC-DEN in C+ and was expecting the enhanced snack basket. Received a choice of biscoff or pretzels... Now I know why. I wish I knew I could order prosecco!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Helpful thread. I flew SLC-DEN in C+ and was expecting the enhanced snack basket. Received a choice of biscoff or pretzels... Now I know why. I wish I knew I could order prosecco!
Me too -- I flew BOS-LGA in C+ and was expecting the snack basket. We got "premium" nuts. Was ready to write in a complaint, but then actually checked the website and saw the 900 mile rule. Oh well.

Wine was the Wente red blend, which at least was drinkable (I find even bad red wines are drinkable, but not bad whites.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.