International 757s in BE/Delta One

Old Sep 21, 17, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Question International 757s in BE/Delta One

Does anyone know what the BE/Delta One seat is like on the 757s that DAL uses for flights between, for example, JFK and ARN and JFK and CPH? Seat guru says they are lie-flat--is that right, and if so, is that completely lie-flat or angled?

Anything else about the seat or that cabin would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help that can be given.
Old Sep 21, 17, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
This config has been around for a while.

All Delta One seats in long-haul are lie-flat: the 75S config as well as the widebodies.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ig-review.html
Old Sep 21, 17, 6:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
I don't think I am alone in this opinion but they are my favorite delta one when riding with my wife but would be last place while riding alone. They don't all have aisle access which is completely fine 99% of the time time until the guy at the window has to climb over the aisle 10+ times on one flight which is a pain in lie flats.
Old Sep 21, 17, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KingBraden View Post
I don't think I am alone in this opinion but they are my favorite delta one when riding with my wife but would be last place while riding alone. They don't all have aisle access which is completely fine 99% of the time time until the guy at the window has to climb over the aisle 10+ times on one flight which is a pain in lie flats.
KingBraden, I will be traveling with my wife. What makes it your favorite in that scenario, where you are traveling with your wife?
Old Sep 21, 17, 9:08 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Even on the internationally configured 757s, the Delta One seats are completely lie-flat; they are not angled.
Old Sep 21, 17, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM; HZ PC; Natl Exec Elite; SPG; Amex Plat
I think this is the consensus - I love how small the J cabin is, and the seats look much newer/nicer than the 767s (even though they are only a couple of years newer, on average).

It sucks when you need something from the overhead or to use the bathroom (or your seatmate at the window needs to), especially when a stranger is in bed mode next to you.

If you can get a seat with nobody next to you, it's a great config.
Old Sep 21, 17, 9:34 am

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Meh - I'd rather have the 767 over the 75S any day whether traveling alone or not (but especially if traveling alone). Even if traveling with my fiancee I prefer having the aisle access provided by the 767 so that if she's sleeping I don't have to find my way over her to get out.

On the 75S, I think the faux leather on the seats gets hot and the last time I flew them on JFK - SFO the foot rest was completely worn down to the point of being uncomfortable by the end though I also flew on one early this year RDU - ATL (which was coming off of CDG - RDU) and it seemed to be in a little better shape though that was only a 1.25 hour flight.

They are perfectly fine and definitely much better than being stuck in the back (75S is the worst TATL ride in Y because of the 3-3 vs. the 2-3-2 you get on the 767 and A330s). The screen on the 75S are better than on the other planes which is nice - and it's not like its worth connecting just to avoid. Just would prefer a 767 or A330 over 75S if I had the option (but that option doesn't exist on JFK - ARN and JFK - CPH so it's irrelevant).

On the 75S, I recommend getting the bulkhead - extra room for your feet. 1A and 1B are the best option, 1C and 1D are a little more exposed to the front galley lights though still not a huge deal especially if you have a mask you wear.
Old Sep 21, 17, 10:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by atl runner View Post
KingBraden, I will be traveling with my wife. What makes it your favorite in that scenario, where you are traveling with your wife?
It is the only business class seat where you are right next to your companion. The other cabins you can't really interact with each other.
Old Sep 21, 17, 11:07 am

Programs: Delta DM/MM, Hertz Platinum
Does anyone know what the BE/Delta One seat is like on the 757s that DAL uses for flights between, for example, JFK and ARN and JFK and CPH? Seat guru says they are lie-flat--is that right, and if so, is that completely lie-flat or angled?

Anything else about the seat or that cabin would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help that can be given.
I love this plane:

--Only 16 seats in J make for more personalized service
--Live TV when you're over continental US.
--Seats are new, comfortable, wider than 767, big screens
--You can interact with your companion much more easily than on any other J product.

The only downside is if you're traveling alone, because you have less privacy and have to climb over/be climbed over by your companion for bathroom breaks.
Old Sep 21, 17, 11:24 am

It is the only business class seat where you are right next to your companion. The other cabins you can't really interact with each other.
What about the 763/764...?

Never had any problem interacting with my traveling companion on the 763/764 if seated in the middle "2"
Old Sep 22, 17, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the opinions and advice. Greatly appreciated. I actually like the 333s more than the 763s and 764s, although none of them are actually bad. We will have a choice next summer of flying to CPH from JFK on the 757 or from our home in ATL to AMS on a 333. However, since our destination is Malmö SWE, CPH would make more sense--other than having to deal with JFK.
Old Sep 22, 17, 8:57 am

Thanks for the opinions and advice. Greatly appreciated. I actually like the 333s more than the 763s and 764s, although none of them are actually bad. We will have a choice next summer of flying to CPH from JFK on the 757 or from our home in ATL to AMS on a 333. However, since our destination is Malmö SWE, CPH would make more sense--other than having to deal with JFK.
Oh if these are the choices I would 100% fly the A333 to AMS and then connect on to CPH from AMS on KLM assuming that is also a possibility.

No reason to deal with JFK and the 757 plus you get a long TATL leg which means more time for sleeping.

Based on very rudimentary searching it appears that both options would arrive at roughly the same time.
Old Sep 22, 17, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post
Oh if these are the choices I would 100% fly the A333 to AMS and then connect on to CPH from AMS on KLM assuming that is also a possibility.

No reason to deal with JFK and the 757 plus you get a long TATL leg which means more time for sleeping.

Based on very rudimentary searching it appears that both options would arrive at roughly the same time.

Thanks Duke787. That does sound logical.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: